Sign in to follow this  
FatWombat

New everon

Well, heres a facelift for Everon smile_o.gif

Most of these textures were made by Kegetys and FDFmod. I have redone the FDF ones that didnt blend smile_o.gif

I mailed FDFmod about about using their textures (I actually asked them if I could use them for a different project I'm working on (entirely new island), I did this everon thing in the last couple hours)) and after more than a week of receiving no answer I've decided to post some screens here anyway. Maybe someone from FDFmod will see this post and reply, I can't seem to find any emails for any members besides Kegetys.

EDIT- I forgot to mention this replaces eden.pbo, just textures. So The default everon is changed not a new eden.wrp.

neweden1.jpg

neweden2.jpg

neweden3.jpg

neweden4.jpg

neweden5.jpg

yeah really nice! the old islands really need some fresh textures. after i saw Nogova with the new textures, I kind of forgot about the other islands and hardly ever played them. smile_o.gif

please, add some resistance buildings... but don't make it look too weird. i want it to have the natural look bis gave it.

This may seem like a stupid question but could you perhaps post some images of the default Everon so that people can compare your one with the BIS one cos tbh I don't see the differences.

Thanks

Quote[/b] ]please, add some resistance buildings... but don't make it look too weird. i want it to have the natural look bis gave it.

No, there is no new .wrp file, I just wanted this to change appearance of original Everon wink_o.gif

Heres a couple screenshots to compare old with new-

neweden6.jpg

neweden7.jpg

neweden8.jpg

Lookin' good man. Everon is nice but I always liked Malden more for some reason. I liked the Mediterranean feel it had.

It may be my screen, but I can't see a damn thing rock.gif Too dark on most screen shots !

Hmm I don't want to comment this Everon in anyway now.

I don't even know who did made these textures (Kegetys or someone else?) to our mod and can you use them.

And I'm sorry about that email, I must have deleted it with all the crap spam we've got.

well there IS Everon with res buldings and hi-res textures included in FDF Mod

It isn't NEW island, but is is REPLACEMENT island. The island by FDF Mod is a new island.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hmm I don't want to comment this Everon in anyway now.

I don't even know who did made these textures (Kegetys or someone else?) to our mod and can you use them.

And I'm sorry about that email, I must have deleted it with all the crap spam we've got.

So does this mean I can release this or not? Or you don't know either? lol

Anyway, I spent half of today redoing Malden, will start uploading the file soon (gonna play some MP first), will post download link when its done. I did all textures myself except a couple which Kegetys posted on Visitor forum so I know I can release this one at least smile_o.gif

Same deal as everon one...it replaces the texture .pbo, so it changes default Malden. Theres no new .wrp or anything.

Heres some screenshots (I turned brightness up a bit this time)-

newabel1.jpg

newabel2.jpg

newabel3.jpg

newabel4.jpg

Is it just the ground textures that are replaced then, and not the trees, building etc?

Can you run OFP:R without the abel.wrp, cain.wrp, and eden.wrp? I never use those islands or play any missions on them.

Without replaced buildings and trees I don't think it's worth downloading. FDF Karjala is better.

Hmm..I'm still not convinced.

I can't really see anything new apart from a slightly different ground texture sad_o.gif Has the vegetation changed?Buildings?Objects?

Cloney:

For a very "Mediterranean" feel, try Greece 3. Possibly one of my favorite islands, except for the fact that it doesn't have an airfield...

Hmmm...Greece3 lags like h*ll....must be the big forests or something, and the islands shape itself is a bit weird.It was designed with rallying in mind...

ttnew.jpgttold.jpg

Yes, its only ground textures that are replaced...they are now 512x512 instead of 128x128, it reallly makes a difference ingame when you arent looking at a ground that is as blurry as hell smile_o.gif The screenshots dont illustrate this very well.

I thought more people woulda been happy about this....personally I been waiting for someone to do higher res textures for the islands since Nogova came out.*Sigh*

Oh well...here is Maldens redone texture set incase anyone wants it. Download here. Backup old Abel.pbo in OperationFlashpoint/Dta/ before installing.

It definitly is noticable ingame with this texture replacment. smile_o.gif

I hope you get permission to release the Everon replacment too.

Good job. smile_o.gif

Yes, its only ground textures that are replaced...they are now 512x512 instead of 128x128, it reallly makes a difference ingame when you arent looking at a ground that is as blurry as hell smile_o.gif The screenshots dont illustrate this very well.

I thought more people woulda been happy about this....personally I been waiting for someone to do higher res textures for the islands since Nogova came out.*Sigh*

Oh well...here is Maldens redone texture set incase anyone wants it. Download here. Backup old Abel.pbo in OperationFlashpoint/Dta/ before installing.

Don't feel bad dude. smile_o.gif Personally I've been hoping someone would make just this sort of replacement, with only the ground textures changed so as to keep the rest of the stuff the way we know and love. tounge_o.gif So cheers from me anyway.

Hope you are able to release your high-res Everon. smile_o.gif

Hey, thanks for the compliments, good to know at least a few people appreciate it smile_o.gif

Yeah, the new everon looks better doesnt it biggrin_o.gif

The new textures for malden are the first textures I've ever made myself. Which is probably obvious, and they are edited from the original ones, but hey, not bad for a 1st attempt I reckon. Maybe I can get the hang of making textures, learning some neat tricks from tutorials online lately. Hope to be skinning addons one day smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hey release retextured Desert Island (512x512)

You mean desert Malden, desert Everon, or that tiny desert island that comes with the game?

Quote[/b] ]or that tiny desert island

Yes this smile_o.gif

To replace the old

Is possible?

Not sure why'd you'd want this lol, the only time that island is loaded on my comp is when ofp first loads tounge_o.gif

But here ya go [iEF]Mp, just for you biggrin_o.gif

Download

This one is actually a .wrp replacement, was easier and download size is smaller than if I release a new LandText.pbo. Backup your old intro.wrp first. If you want me to release a new LandText.pbo instead just say so...but it'll be a 6mb download for 1 texture which you already have (desert island now uses Nogova sand texture), lol.