Dear Addon makers,
we believe it's time to try to change the way how are the addons distributed if we want them to be more accessible to every user of Operation Flashpoint.
In order to achieve this, we want to introduce an initiative "Addons at ease" in near future.
We want to adress following issues:
1) Convenient, simple and standard install / uninstall of addons/missions for Operation Flashpoint. For this we developed a special utility to creat MSI Windows Installer file to install any Operation Flashpoint addon or mission.
2) Most addons currently come without any mission. We believe any addon for general public should come at least with one simple demo mission.
3) Many addons and mission require some other addons etc. so it's sometimes very hard to get it all working in the game. Ideally, we would like to see single files containing logical collection of addons and missions and have gamers to get just the single file to play with it in the game (without having to open the mission editor etc.)
4) We want the OFPEC TAG system become standard in the addon making community as it seems the only reasonable way how to keep addons compatible.
5) We consider version 1.90 / 1.91 as the only one supported platform for this initiative.
At the end, we would like to advertize selected best quality addons compliant with our initiative at www.flashpoint1985.com which we hope will bring more fun to all of us and more recogntition to you, creators of great new content for the game.
I know there's a lot of eventual controversy and issues in this effort. I recommend you to use this thread to general comments to the initiative and tu start new threads if you would like to discuss any specific point into deeper detail.