Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

As you might have noticed we have revised the current forum rules. If you have any questions about the new rules, post them in this thread and we'll try to answer them to the best of our abilities.

Please keep this thread civilized and without flaming and personal attacks. We'll leave it pinned for a week or so. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Feb. 20 2003,00:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do 100kb images mean:

1. 100,000 bytes or

2. 102,400 bytes (100 * 1024)<span id='postcolor'>

Probably 102,400 bytes. 2,400 more or less probably doesn't matter that much, just remove a pixel or two wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Feb. 20 2003,00:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So there haven't been any real changes? If it ain't broke don't fix it, I guess.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We have updated the board rules to include a number of rules that have been in practice, but never written down. We have also provided more detailed descriptions of each rule.<span id='postcolor'>

- http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=27348

They're all basically the same. Just with an explination beneath them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Feb. 20 2003,00:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So there haven't been any real changes? If it ain't broke don't fix it, I guess.<span id='postcolor'>

No dramatic changes. We've written down some rules that were enforced before but never written down. There is a new regulation for the signature size (§3.9). We've intruduced a maximum width for signatures (600 pixels).

I might add that one change that might seem superficial is actually very important. We've numbered the rules as paragraphs.

The reason for this is that we've noticed that a suprisingly large number of members have never seen the board rules. This revision's purpose is to raise awareness of the rules and to get people to actually read them.

By the time we are through, you'll know all the sections and paragraphs by heart wink.gif

Good, no "No FSPilots" rule. smile.gif

Paragraph 4, can you define "disgusting images"? It's not that important but it might come up. I mean, pictures of someone throwing up might be disgusting to different people.

Or maybe I should just be a lawyer. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 20 2003,01:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good, no "No FSPilots" rule. smile.gif

Paragraph 4, can you define "disgusting images"?  It's not that important but it might come up.  I mean, pictures of someone throwing up might be disgusting to different people.

Or maybe I should just be a lawyer. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

On a similiar note...

No explicit pictures or what not.

If we link to a site that may contain pictures of dead soldiers or something similiar, and the link is in direct relevance to the subject at hand, AND a warning is posted before the link about the pics, and their EXPLICIT nature...is that still unacceptable or is that ok?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 19 2003,18:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">102,400 bytes smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

So 100KB not 100kb. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Rules of Format regulate the appearance of what is posted and of user profile.<span id='postcolor'> Really? smile.gif Fix, fix...

Also, how about a new rule for the moderators: If you PR someone you should provide them with a way to contact you. Or how about all moderators provide a means of contact for PR'd or banned personnel other than PM(which they can't do).

I ask for this because it's possible that someone might want to apoloize or explain something after they get their butt whooped.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Feb. 20 2003,01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No explicit pictures or what not.

If we link to a site that may contain pictures of dead soldiers or something similiar, and the link is in direct relevance to the subject at hand, AND a warning is posted before the link about the pics, and their EXPLICIT nature...is that still unacceptable or is that ok?<span id='postcolor'>

It's still unacceptable.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, how about a new rule for the moderators: If you PR someone you should provide them with a way to contact you. Or how about all moderators provide a means of contact for PR'd or banned personnel other than PM(which they can't do).<span id='postcolor'>

Obviusly you have not been PR:ed. wink.gif When you are post restricted you can send and recieve PM:s.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Feb. 20 2003,02:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about a ban then, let them PM a moderator when banned?<span id='postcolor'>

Bans are only issued when they are permanent. A permanent ban means a full termination of all future contact with the forums. After somebody has been perm banned there is no turning back so there is no need for contact with moderators.

Bans are seldom issued but when they are they are permanent and irreversible.

Uh you forgot that Americans be exempt from all rules tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

J/k. My attempt at humour with my euro buddies wink.gif

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 20 2003,02wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Feb. 20 2003,01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No explicit pictures or what not.

If we link to a site that may contain pictures of dead soldiers or something similiar, and the link is in direct relevance to the subject at hand, AND a warning is posted before the link about the pics, and their EXPLICIT nature...is that still unacceptable or is that ok?<span id='postcolor'>

It's still unacceptable.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, how about a new rule for the moderators: If you PR  someone you should provide them with a way to contact you.  Or how about all moderators provide a means of contact for PR'd or banned personnel other than PM(which they can't do).<span id='postcolor'>

Obviusly you have not been PR:ed. wink.gif When you are post restricted you can send and recieve PM:s.<span id='postcolor'>

I think it should be taken into consideration because that time the ac-130 thread got closed it was on plenty of other mainstream forums being discussed.

I think with respect to that rule it should be

normal stuff is ok but pictures which fall into the grey area should be linked.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">§2)No bigotry

Racists, sexists, homophobes or any other type of bigots are not welcome to these forums.

<span id='postcolor'>

calling someone gay is an insult in itself these days confused.gif

Therre wasn`t any mention of goiing off topic in a thread?

S is what is the position on that.

I think if there was going to be a rule it should be any thread that has been answered succesfully or has run its course and has started a few meaningful discussion within it should be allowed to continue rather than being locked like they used to smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Feb. 19 2003,23:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">§2)No bigotry

Racists, sexists, homophobes or any other type of bigots are not welcome to these forums.

<span id='postcolor'>

calling someone gay is an insult in itself these days confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

My advice is don't worry about that, if you are well intentioned there is little or no chance if you say "gay" that it will be misinterpreted.

Yes calling someone gay for saying something or disagreeing with you can be considered homophobic, that's because it's is meant as an insult.

Same goes for one member calling another member Einstein, it can be a weird/funny complement, or a pretty big insult. smile.gif (speaking from experience...)

OK. I was thinking of starting a thread in this forum about "How many times can you die?" and we could have a contest but I'll post it in the OF Combat Photography smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Feb. 20 2003,05:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Therre wasn`t any mention of goiing off topic in a thread?

S is what is the position on that.<span id='postcolor'>

That one is still on a case-by-case basis. It's difficult, if not impossible to define a specific rule. You have to have some freedom to discuss things related to the topic. On the other hand, there is a limit to that too so we don't get people discussing gardening in a troubleshooting thread. smile.gif

Alright, no single element in a sig over 100 pixels in height.

So if I have a logo that's 150 pixels, what if I chop it into two parts at 75 pixels, then combine them. Would that be okay?