Sign in to follow this  
solen

Convert terragen to visitor?

How can i convert terragen to Visitor?

I don't have 3d studio max, but i do have wilbur.

Do anyone now if there is a converter i can use?

Basically

Ter->Wilbur->txt

txt->WrpEdit->wrp

wrp->Visitor

Ah-ha!

that does'nt work for me, maybe I forget somthing ?

Ive got it to work, however the area is steep as hell. Hills are like pikes :P If anyone figures out a way to scale stuff down please let me know!

Isn't there another way? I got some real terrain data that I'd like to import into OFP, if possible at more than 256x256 grid size (512x512). I've got a bunch of gis and dem tools here, but unfortunately none seems to be capable of converting any common elevation data format to a 32bit-tga that Visitor would accept.

If I try to go through WRPedit I'm left with just one cormer of the map, while the rest gets clipped.

sad_o.gif

Any ideas?

Ok, easy way without going through WRP:

Once you have your dem in wilbur just switch to Texture/Gray Maps/Height Map, then save as 8-bit bmp. Open the bmp file in Gimp (that's what I used), Photoshop or any other graphics software that can handle tga files. Create a new picture with the same resolution as the bmp, but in rgb. Cut&paste the grayscale picture into the new image and add the alpha channel (else the image gets saved as 24bit which would cause Kegetys' converter to barf). Then save as tga, convert with the tga2ase tool and import in Visitor.

This way even dem of 512x512 or 1024x1024 can be imported with ease! biggrin_o.gif

EXCELLENT! I have a DEM of my area around my house I would love to make into an island, thanks!

The only problem with converting from Terragen To Wilbur is that the newest version of Terragen that I have no longer saves files as .ter, it saves them as .tgw instead, which Wilbur can't open. Anyone have a way round this?

@korvass

sure ;)?

i downloaded terragen yesterday and i saved my terrain as .ter

I think you haven't clicked on landscape/save

you clicked on world/save (where you get the .tgw)

landscape is the small window in terragen where you generate your terrain