Sign in to follow this  
Corporal Ice

CTF Discussion

serg rock is right.

but anyways, the thing is that even without satchels a flag can be really hard to get if defended, and defended with satchels it will be near impossible.

nothing is impossible tho, it can be done...but only by doing big sacrifices, a team can be expected to do that, but not a casual player on a public server.

i dont have a team in ofp, mostly cos ofp is unfit for a team to play in with some problems for online playing, but if id get 7 volunteers (anyone from the forum) i could play.

the ctf map has to have atleast 8 satchels (preferably more, to re-satcheling the flag).

volunteers, sign up on this thread smile.gif

as sgt rock says, there is only one way to settle this. smile.gif

(malboeuf, no offence intented...i just cant understand how you say "it is EASY to get past satchels", a flag could not be better defended..you yourself said something in that direction earlier, and that nobody got a flag defended that way from you.)

(and youre very stubborn)

about d-day malboeuf, defender always is in favour, but when the attacker has much larger amount of soldiers and naval artillery and total airsuperirity....well, one can expect a defence to break down smile.gif

server in NA?..not possible for me, lag would kill it for me, i live in sweden.

i have a good connection but ofp will lag enourmously on a american server.

I laugh at sach users Muuuhahahahahaha

me too, but somewhere during the argument i turned into a satchel defender and you satchel opponent..

i just have no idea how and when it happened sad.gif

we'll use a server on your end then I play with UK guys all the time and they get 200 ms off me

I'll find you men lol

>>>>>>>i dont have a team in ofp, mostly cos ofp is unfit for a team to play in with some problems for online playing

so after all this I now know why you thnk it can't be done, you don't play CTF much do you, had a few bad games and gave up on it... to bad really CTF is the most played game in NA

you have 1 week, I dont care if you play

actually...thats not the reason we (my df team) dont play ofp.

its the sudden disconnections and cos its impossible to rejoin the game after it started (if you get disconnected), in a organiced league play it will never be a succes, i know there are some ofp leagues, but it will never come to a high level as df is/was.

i prefer ctf of all gametypes, its the gametype where u best can use a good tactic to your advantage....

and i understand why you dont care if i dont play.

however, im convinced a group of who ever wants to join the match will be able to defend the flag easily.

volunteers wanted for the match

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Pete on 4:34 pm on Nov. 23, 2001

I laugh at sach users Muuuhahahahahaha

me too, but somewhere during the argument i turned into a satchel defender and you satchel opponent..

i just have no idea how and when it happened sad.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

I actually was one of the 1st in NA to use saches on Flags

It's very effective when used randomly

combined with sniping and guarding with tanks or laws and several other tactics i have never lost a Flag EVER while I have been on D

I have lost them in between deaths from stupid rookies that kill thier own sniper though !

I hate newbie TKer's

NEWBIE: "I thought you were the enemy"

Malboeuf [RN]: "hmm lets see I've been sitting here for 10 mins and you walked past me 3 times and NOW you shot me! yea Ooooo K"

CTF works fine when you have the right server

I play 20- 50 CTF missions a night when I'm home and can hide from the GF

the guys on the Radish server play that many and then some!

I've played CTF and Squad matches for years in Free Space and Solder of Fortune

in soldier of Fortune I'm Ranked it the Top 5 killers on the net (Body Count) and #1 stolen Flag retriever, by that I mean I let the guy steal my flag and Then kill him, I never camped my own flag, never needed to.

Flag man steals my Flag I say:

"shhh be wery wery quiet, hunting wabits"

and then

"Wabit i have a Carot!"

and then when I sew the poor smuck

"kill da wabit, kill da wabit!"

then the guy dies and I say

"You wasically Wabit!"

and then basically every Newbie hates you beause they never every get the flag when BC is playing

Newbie: "you CAMPED YOU CAMPER"

Body Count:  like um no i ran up behind you and pulled the tigger rookie!, you actually think I'm going to let you point your shot gun at me lol"

I love OFP it ROCKS BABY YA!

(Edited by RN Malboeuf at 5:00 pm on Nov. 23, 2001)

Malbeuof tlaks alotta s**t, as you can see. He thinks I'm the newbie cuz I dont play 9 hours a day, lol. Mal when aill u see your not that good, as I have said you ain't s**t w/o your chopper. When I lpayed you after I blew up your chopper you got 3 kills. out of your 9 ttotal. Yea Yea EYa blah blah youlll say "we'll I lkead all those games, so I must be good" I think why people adont like your lame is because your too cocky. "I'm one of the top 5 killers" Who gives a s**t, your too lame, get a life.

50 ctf missions/night? smile.gif

if a mission lasts 30 minutes then you play 25 hours/day

thats the normal amount of time, or 20 minutes, which would mean 1000 minutes, this equals to 16 hours each day, long nights you have smile.gif

20 missions sounds better....30 minutes * 20 missions = 10 hours/day.

pretty hardcore...dont you think?

20 missions and 20 minute games means 6,6 hours

thats about the lenght of a night.

this is IF you get into a another ctf game immeadetly, my experience tells me its sometimes a long wait before a game starts cos you cant just join it after it started.

lets add 10 minutes of waiting to get into a game and we see impossible numbers.

10 minutes times 50 = 500 minutes, that is eight and a half hours, meaning if you play 50 games and 30 minutes per game and with 10 minute of waiting in between, selecting soldiers and players etc etc it means you play a amazing 33.5 hours/day!!!

10 minutes of waiting time and 20 games gives you 20*10 = 100 minutes, that is a additional 1,4 hours to add to your 20 minute gaming (6.6 hours)..a total of 8 hours/night of playing

now, you go to school (i quess).thats 8 hours of the day, eating and taking a bath will take another 1 hour, then your 8 hours of MINIMUM playing makes a total of 17 hours, this gives you 7 hours of sleep.

congratulations, you proved that you have no life at all.

you are avare that a day is only 24 hours, right?

(Edited by Pete at 1:18 pm on Nov. 24, 2001)

The only things that bothers me is that you can't shoot satchels, and satchels can't destroy each other... tounge.gif

It could be done in other games I played, thats why I was rather suprised when I noticed they couldn't be destroyed.

Now this has little to do with tactics itself, (it may CHANGE tactics) but i would would simply make more sense if you could shoot satchels smile.gif

Sarge: look rookie!! the flag!!! lets get it

Rookie: WAIT SARGE!!! look!! theres a big bomb next to it!!

Sarge: ahh... no problem... shoot it!!

*rookie shoots the satchel with his M16*

Rookie: Not even a scratch sarge sad.gif

Sarge: awwww no prob... I'll just use my LAW

*sarge fires a law*

Sarge: huh?confused.gif what??? aww well looks like you have  going to be the bait rookie smile.gif

Ofcourse that example is stupid cuz is has no tactics etc, but... its the idea tounge.gif

Thats my thought on it tounge.gif

The only things that bothers me is that you can't shoot satchels, and satchels can't destroy each other... tounge.gif

i agree 100%...i dont care much about the satchel itself, only that if the satchel is there someone WILL die, and since a satchel doesnt blow up a another satchel then 2-3 satchels means that 2-3 people WILL die....

Making them destroyable wouldn't unbalance the game I think, it would simply make much more sense smile.gif

If you want to use them effectively hide them in bushes, under vehicles or behind houses or whatever.

Everything in OFP can be destroyed!! vehicles, people, houses, trees, ammo crates... but satchels are invincible smile.gif

Its not that I don't like satchels, or I want to get rid of them or anything... its just that they are pretty silly the way they are now smile.gif

(Edited by Morchaoron at 5:46 pm on Nov. 24, 2001)

yea I play 50 CTFs the odd time

when I play

I play for 26 hours straight when I can hide from the GF

just ask AAT morgan lol

I was drinking (beer) 5 AM on moring after being up and playing for 26- hours

that was a whacked day

I ran into WiSdom the day after, and regarless of what the little boys says about me, he's mad because I'm all ways 1st place in the Radish server when I play

no wait I take that back I came in 2nd once

(Edited by RN Malboeuf at 4:24 pm on Nov. 24, 2001)

^ see how much s**t he talks? You should be aleast a better infantry soldier if your lame ass plays for 17hrs striaght. d*amn I bet he doesnt really have a GF if he plays that much, he just doesn't wanna look like that much of a loser.

BTW get on today, I wasn't playing good that day anyway. And in the mean time, get a life.

And between these forums and playing, you must have no job,life,GF,sex,time to pisss, shower. etc.

(Edited by WisdoM at 2:27 pm on Nov. 24, 2001)

look at the little flamer

still pissed about me killing you in you shilka when you were spawn camping? I got 3 Snipers kills and your sad attemped at spawn camping, then I killed ya again on the walk to your base

it was funny, you were running along the rigde line in plain view with out a care in the world and pow 1 klick shot dropped you with a AK74 (before you say it's not possible play OFP at 1600x1200 res with a higherend mouse smile.gif )

I got 5 kills on your men to my one death and all i had was a AK74 compaired to three M21 snipers and your shilka (had to use a LAW off your dead sniper too)

I got what 5 kills on you that game and you got one on my chopper when I was landing smile.gif

have you actually ever killed any on in OFP?

I dont remember you even getting a kill while you tried to Spawn camp!

Like I said in Game, stop whining and start playing

>>>>BTW get on today,

Wont be home till Tuesday

>>>>>I wasn't playing good that day anyway

funny I never had any bad days when I play, never good, nor Bad, Drunk or Sober, or half a sleep, I always come in 1st or 2nd place id russin is playing

it has nothing to with me being good or not, It just takes time to understand Mapping Tool"l data AND to actually use it inyour favor, I'm sure if i whined as much as you do online I wwould be in 9th ot lasth place as well

>>>>And in the mean time, get a life

I have a Life a fast one

I Own my own Computer Company and the store front

this is ma baby 324 kph (201 mph)

THIS makes Life FUN!

>>>>>I bet he doesnt really have a GF if he plays that much

I'm 27,  6'-5" thin and actually a NICE guy, I do allot of  helping around here, mabey you should as well in stead of being a flamer

AND my GF is 21, 6'-"1, thin and does get realllllly pissed with me when hide on the NET for two days straight!

Shes a hotie, she has a 2 year old daughter that is just cutie and is crazy about me smile.gif

combine that with OFP and I have a Great LIFE

Wisom, no matter how hard you try I'll never be/get mad at you, I'll never need to, I out grew guys like you years ago

After you graduate look me up and I'll give you a job!

(Edited by RN Malboeuf at 2:22 pm on Dec. 18, 2001)