Sign in to follow this  
USSoldier11B

Breaking news

Read on:

Quote[/b] ]

By Edith M. Lederer, Accociated Press

NEW YORK (June 11) - Saddam Hussein is alive, flush with cash and bent on revenge, an Iraqi exile leader warned, saying the Iraqi ex-president is offering money to anyone who kills a U.S. soldier.

Saddam has been spotted north of Baghdad, and he has $1.3 billion in cash taken from the Central Bank on March 18, Ahmed Chalabi, head of the London-based Iraqi National Congress, said Tuesday.

''He's put a price on American soldiers. He will pay bounty for every American soldier killed in Iraq now. This has been spread around in the western part of the country,'' Chalabi told the Council on Foreign Relations, a private New York-based international advocacy organization.

Chalabi said U.S. soldiers in their armored vehicles ''are sitting ducks for terrorists'' and urged the creation of an Iraqi security force under U.S. command.

He said Saddam has been seen recently moving in an arc from Diyala, northeast of Baghdad, around the Tigris River toward his hometown of Tikrit and into areas to the west of the Tigris River. Chalabi, a 58-year-old former banker who left Iraq as a teenager, had been touted in some U.S. government circles as a future Iraqi leader - though he denies he has any ambitions to lead the country. He also has many critics who are opposed to anyone ruling Iraq after spending so many years abroad, and to his business dealings in Jordan.

He said Iraqis need to patrol their own country with a new security force, and that the ratio should be about one American to 10 Iraqis.

This can be done in six weeks with help from community leaders to weed out criminals and members of Saddam's Baath Party, Chalabi said.

''They can actually provide order quickly,'' and could also restore water, electricity and other public services, he said.

Chalabi noted that a battalion of Free Iraqi Fighters was created in 10 days and went to the Nasiriyah area in southern Iraq, where they captured missiles and ammunition and arrested some of Saddam's fedayeen militia who had been harassing U.S. forces.

If the United States establishes an Iraqi security force, Chalabi said, it could then substantially reduce the number of American troops in Iraq.

''My own view is the United States should stay in Iraq by treaty - have military bases,'' and keep between 25,000 and 50,000 troops in the country, he said.

Chalabi said U.S. troops didn't move quickly and aggressively enough to seek out key scientists involved in weapons programs, and ''some have left for the Gulf.'' He said he was convinced that Saddam's forces possessed banned arms.

If I was him I would have faded away into the wood work for the rest of my life....then again with the US's ailing HUMINT network maybe not.

Good let's hope he crushes the Americans! mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Good let's hope he crushes the Americans!  

I'm not even going to say anything about this statement. crazy_o.gif

Well what do you expect?! It's even worse now that Saddam is gone and Iraq is out of the headlines. People are STARVING there, because Bush has his mind on milking cows on his ranch and his "plans" for peace in the middle east, when children are S T A R V I N G in Iraq. At least with Saddam, there was some food!! mad_o.gif

You don't know the other half of him. Sure he's a bad guy, but just as bad as Bush. Lets see now

Lets his people starve:

Bush

Saddam

Has lots of WDMs:

Bush

Cannot make public speaches:

Bush

Well, devil, your name seems to be pretty appriopriate. sad_o.gif

PS, you could add this to your list:

Slaughters millions of his own people and uses chemical agents against them.

-Saddam

Now about the news.  Honestly, I doubt that more than a couple people would even think about attempting to do this, becuase, even if you manage to attack US troops in Iraq, there's very little change of you getting away alive, and continuing to live for long enough to get your money.

"Slaughters millions of his own people and uses chemical agents against them.

-Saddam"

I dont think Saddam consider kurds to be "his people"....

There is a 600 page long Iraq debate forum if your interested...

I will be very supprised if Saddam is really still running around. I would have thought he would be very entrenched...

They need to send Bobba Fett in to get him... tounge_o.gif

...Saddam is like Milosevic,bad for his people, but I just want to see all that weapons of mass destruction... and chemical labs to...

Use the Iraq thread.

Closing smile_o.gif