Sign in to follow this  
weedmasta

I want to play 1.46...

I have latest version of OFP:Res atm, both CDs original copies but i want to play 1.46 with my m8 who hasnt got Res yet. I tried by putting original OFP CD in and joining a 1.46 server but it didnt work. I am thinking to install original OFP in another folder, my question is will this activate fade if i install the game a second time on my harddisk?

You should be able to play using the V1.46 executable by inserting the original (non-Resistance) CD and launching the OperatingFlashpoint.exe instead of the FlashpointResistance.exe file.

Reinstalling will not trigger FADE.

not reinstalling

i meant installing a second time in another directory.

I realised when i installed Res over Original OFP without any updates, it didnt create an addons folder in the ofp directory. All the files went into Res/Addons and since then i havent had a problem with addons ever since. But i think that is the reason i can't play 1.46 cause all vehicle and weapon files are in the Res/Addons folder.

Basically i want to install Original OFP into another directory

(so it will be installed twice on my harddisk), will that kick fade in?

Hmm, you should have updated opf to 1.46 BEFORE instaling resistance, i would reinstal opf from scratch if i were you, and has Mr. Frag says you should be able to play 1.0/1.46 with the original opf cd smile.gif .

You don't need to Reinstall OFP from Scratch, just Resistance.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Uninstall OFP Resistance only.

2. Upgrade OFP CWC to 1.46.

3. Reinstall Resistance.

4. Upgrade to 1.91.

5. Apply both the 1985 and Red Hammer campaign patches for 1.91.

I read on a clan page that it is save to install OFP multiple times on your harddisk. Thx for the suggestion anyway avonlady wink_o.gif