If you followed Brsseb's excellent tutorial, you should have no problem with it. I thought i might just add in a few tweaks with focus on proxy subjects in vehicles.
Isn't it frustrating when you fired your entire clip and the driver is still alive? Even if he is wearing armour, and 5m away, in real life the rounds would still be like stones ( as it has not reached its muzzle velocity speed ***at 5m yet) sufficient to injured him after 10 rounds.
Problem is i believe the human has not been configured with a ratio amour value.
This is the place where you first introduce ofp engine to recognise components which are to be fired upon.
1. Create the box like structures of your vehicles.-engine, windows, etc.
2. Component convex hull to make it whole.
3. Add in your proxy humans.
Hit point geometry:-
1. Copy and paste the boxes from Fire geometry to Hit point LOD.
2. name the boxes. ( Brsseb has a list of the parts.) additional ones are like cargo, driver, gunner, sklo predni( sklo meaning windows, predni-front, named selections usually czech names in nature).
3. Do not place proxies here, but use the 'insert' button of your keyboard to place vertices of the proxies position here. 2 or more. ( the more vertice, the higher chance of hitting your figure)
1. look out for amor values, like armor = 100 ( this means your vehicle will be destroyed with ammo or ammos that adds up to the 100 dammage ratio)
2. At armor = 100, if you do not have anyother values, ofp engine will take any point of your vehicle to be the dammage value, meaning if i hit the wheel, i must fire at that spot till it reaches 100 damage before being destroyed when in actual fact you should be able to destroy the wheel with a damage setting of 20.
3. Therefore look into other values such as armor wheel, armour turret, armour body. These are not the named selections in O2 but a config term( a bit confusing here but ofp use english terms instead of czech names) to tell ofp engine to determine the damage parts ratio.
4. For humans we use armorBody=0.1 meaning 10% of overall damage. If u hit the body you dont need 100 damage value, just 10 damage value witll do = a few bullets and u will see blood.
armor Wheels = 0..5, amorHull =0.9, etc.....will break up the entire model to have different damage values. Will try to write more or if someone has something to add, do help