Sign in to follow this  
sputnik monroe

Quakergamer's challenger

Hi this is my first post here I hope Quaker Gamer reads these.

I've been trying out addons, mostly I'm looking to get some British Addons. I downloaded a challenger by some one who's name I forget and it was terrible so I deleted it. The next day  I saw QuakerGamers and tried it out. I'm pleased with it, but its not perfect. The following is my critiq of qauker's challenger. It isn't meant as a flame, infact I mean it as constructive critisism. In fact I  compliment this tank fully, and you should all try it. If the following are fixed I'm serious it'll be equal to or better in quality compared to the stock tanks.

Any how here are my observations...

1. When the driver turns out there is no hatch, he is just welded to the tank with a square sticking out behind him.

2. There is a glitch when looking through the optics from the commanders postition where mouse cursor will get stuck off to the left. When the glitch happens you cannot effectivly command your crew or pick out targets.

3. When hit the tank doesn't darken.

4. Also when looking through the optics from the commanders position, you can see bad clipping though some of the superstructure of the top of the tank turret.

The following two I might be wrong about.

5. I did some test by firing on the challenger and having it shoot parked empy T55's, 72's and 80's. It seemed to have a very weak gun and its armor was as weak as the T55's. I could be wrong, but I just think are English brothers (I'm an American) designed a very good tank, it seems like it would be stronger than that.

The following concerns the UK desert Infantry that came packaged with it. They are exellent except for one glitch. The UK Engineer (M60) crashes the game. Also, I could be wrong about this one I'm not certain, but can the SA 80's scope really zoom in and out like the M21? I figured it would be like the G36 in the game. I could be wrong though

Any how I hope you don't take this as an insult. I actually like the tank and think it shows a lot of promise, thats the reason I decided to post my observations. Any how thats my two cents.

oh PS... if you do upgrade your Challenger Addon, do you think maybe you could add an UK Tank Crew to the infantry pack?

@Sputnik Monroe: Well first of all i welcome you to this forums and i hope you have a nice stay biggrin.gif but now i gonna awnser you: well if i am not wrong Quakergamer is working on a newer version but that is going to be released in a demo if i am not wrong smile.gif but you posted this in the wrong forum so could you please post this next time in the Discusion forums? well i dont think the moderators are going to make some problems about this because you are new but watch it the next time ok biggrin.gif