Sign in to follow this  
//relic//

Ai differences between cwc/res

A few days ago I decided to replay the original CWC campaign, using SuperAI. While it creates a few problems (e.g Guardian [iIRC] - the tanks you're blowing up kill your getaway vehicle because it wasn't stashed far enough away), it's a lot more fun.

One thing I have noticed though, is that T80's in CWC will fire on helos. I personally think this is great, and makes flying a helo in combat that much more realistic and challenging. How come they don't do this in Resistance, when they should be both utilising the same AI system i.e SuperAI?

Also, playing CWC vs the past few months using online Res really contrasted the terrains in both sets of islands, and IMHO the terrain in CWC is far more realistic and detailed; especially from the air.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (//relic// @ 03 May 2003,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, playing CWC vs the past few months using online Res really contrasted the terrains in both sets of islands, and IMHO the terrain in CWC is far more realistic and detailed; especially from the air.<span id='postcolor'>

Can you explain why you think this? I thought OFPR was supposed to have more realistic terrain because the tiles were smaller, and there were more small rises and such. What detail level are you running for both programs? Could you show us some screenies?

I might have to dust of my CWC CD and have a look smile.gif .

Cheers

Mr B

Yeah I recently played through ALL the campaigns again. I was unpleasantly surprised when a BMP took me out with a cannon in Air Superioirty as I hovered scant yards above it. This never happened before but I know Tanks always engaged choppers with their HMGs even in 1.0

Lod limit/visual quality: .005

Viewdistance: 2500

All textures: 2048

terraingrid: 12.5

geometry performance: 6200

Since I was using the Resistance exe, the terrain was done in a 12.5m resolution for the CWC crisis campaign. It just looks far better imo - more natural and realistic.

As for the AI - yeah it was the mission. Air superiority and Air Assault - tanks shoot at you in both of those, but not in other CWC missions like Escape from Prison. So - why? And why not all the time, becuase it certainly is better than tanks being sitting ducks.