Sign in to follow this  
CoolCarlos2002

Gulf war armor pack by cobrasquad

i thought the textures on the vehicles looked very good

head over to the cz ofp site, ofp.info to get the pack

smile.gif

Don't post images > 100 kb.

1. an excellent t-55 pack is coming out, and it will be better than this.

2. BMP-1, BMP-2 are inherently wrong because of BIS. I don't use them in missions anymore because they are too freaking big.

3. So much of this has already been done so well! OT-65, SHilka, T-72, etc. What's the point?

M60A3.

If there was a Bradley, it would be worth it.

I agree. The MAF addons (and also one other desert M113 addon in the last desert pack) have very good textures plus they have improved sounds as well. The desert BMPs are new although the textures could use a bit more dirtying up.

The T-55 isn't too bad.

But I also really wished we could get a Bradley with desert textures and perhaps an increased armor level and more powerful AP ammunition (simulating DU rounds). Perhaps someone will eventually make an all new model with stuff like rucksacks and other equipment hanging off the side along with the heavier bolt-on armor plates on the sides. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Umm I am sorry to say this but the otehr add-ons (NOT THE MAF ONES) are taken from teh Gulf War demo ...

Stealing and stealin

Yep....I've just been having a good look (back to back texture comparisons)......definately using our stuff mad.gif

by the way i am cobraquad and by pm i aksed u quaker and u said it waz ok

how the hell canu say i stole if i gave u guyz credit?

for it hence the topic on ofpec

and i did ask u on opgwc crisis formus a while back fighter the guy i send the pack 2 ovisally didn't read the whole meeage hence the start of it on ofpec forums

"hiya guyz i jus thought i wud tell ya that my pack is out soon with permission forom the owners of the old gulf war mod that was out way back i have put their textures on most of the bis units so now ucan have a big desert war the pack contains many rair vehicles such as desert m60 desert m2a2 iraq bmp iraq bmp2 iraq republican guard etc wud u guys download it ? i need someone 2 host pics cso my iamges are above 50k "

aw well i am jus gonna get more abuse 4 a sumting i HAD permission 2 publish  sad.gifmad.gifconfused.gif

Firstly even if you did have permission from Quaker (and not from whoever it was you were talking to at OFPEC..Lets go back the Mog has quite CLEARLY identified himself as a beta-tester and not the author of these textures), there is NO credits given at all. And secondly why are you releasing this stuff anyway....since it's all stuff that's out there anyway?

And this, from the same thread:

"my e-mail ain't workin and i talked 2 quakergamer bout it a while back on opgwc

and he never said neytihin against it"

isn't permission.

well he said i cud send them 2 him and include them in the next patch

i talked 2 quaker on the OPWGC forums a whiel back via pm my name there is cobra

i ahve bad engilsh that means nothing

fine get rid of it all dealte it all if u want 2 i Had permission from quaker

1 of the e-mails i sent 2 fighter

"hello here is the colitain desert pack textures by operation desert sheild desert storm i just pbo ed wrote configs etc enjoy! this is not final version

Cobra"

Lets Go Back to the Mog is not a representitive of our mod...he is a beta tester, and does not have access to all our private forums. So anything he said to you is worth nothing. If Quaker gave you permission and has forgotten about it, then I apologise. But you SHOULD have given credit for the textures.....and there is none given at all in your pack, in any language. This gives the impression that this pack is all your own work, and quite clearly it is not.

am sorry m8 i will reuplaod with a read me claming textures soz

Thx.....that will sort out the problem. We do keep a watchful eye out for people stealing things (since we have been the victims of beta leaks, texture stealing etc....plus that whole other incident which I won't go into)....and putting credits in the read-me will help to clear up any mis-understandings like this. smile.gif

n/p m8 it is being re uploaded as we speak!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quakergamer @ 02 May 2003,18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Stealing and stealin<span id='postcolor'>

funny coming from a bunch of guys who did a bit of stealing in thier day

*ahem bas choppers ahem*

Ah don't go digging up all that again. That's in the past and they've been behaving. Anyways, I'm glad everyone was able to workout this misunderstanding. Is there a desert M2A2?? I don't remember seeing that in this pack.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ahem sorted out looooong ago, ahem problems with language barriers confused.gif ahem gees, hold a grudge why don't ya, ahem nuff said? sad.gif

great!! hurry up and re-upload.... im getting unpatient.. finally i can download some of these addons without having to wait 6 days on a 56k...... thx guy.