Sign in to follow this  
Waterman

Skye - version 2 is out!

That's right folks, you can now download my newest version of Skye.

Get it at: http://www1.freewebs.com/watermansofpsite/SkyeV2.zip

Now includes Resistance Textures as seen on Nogova.

New user made buildings and updated buildings by CBFASI and Agent Smith.

More Vegetation.

Modified Landscape...

If you want a faster server to download from, you can wait until it is announced on ofp.info or elsewhere. Since my website is hosted for free then I dont get much...

Domensk1.JPG

Factory1.JPG

Harbour1.JPG

Waterman. smile.gif

hmm... my host server (freewebs) don't have good download speeds, so maybe you should wait till the news sites host it.  Sorry about that if it wont work. confused.gif

Try pasting the url in the address bar...

I'll see what I can do...

I could email the file to you if you like. I would be greatful if you could mirror it, so at least then people can actually download it ok. sad.gif

Cheers,

Waterman. tounge.gif

is this the island with all the setpostoined lights? i hope not that lagged the crap out of me..

what do you mean "setpostoined lights"?

If your talking about the lights for the airport, thats not setpos-ing them by the way. And Secondly what specs for your comp you have? You do need a half decent comp to run it.

Im have:

AMD Athalon 2000+ XP (1.66GHz)

64MB Hercules Graphics card

60GB HD

I get a benchmark of around 4500...

Operates OK on my comp.

Waterman. smile.gif

Yeah, I get the no file present on the server error too. I tried with my download mananger and without, but still no change.

Version 1 ran ok for me, although my benchmark is around 6000 (P4, 2.8GHZ, 512MB RAM, GeForce 4 - 128MB).

biggrin.gif

It worked fine for me by using Opera and "save file as".

Getting it in an unbelievable 1 kb/s too biggrin.gif

Well, I'll have it in 1:40. Thanks, it looks really good, and I enjoyed the previous versions smile.gif

take the #1 out of the www in the address then it works fine to download

500mgz p3

192 mgs sdram

geforce 4(lower end one)

i run about a 1000 on my OFP BENCHMARK....i know it sucks.....but i get along... sad.gif ...

I like it!

This island is getting better and better.

skye1.jpg

Playing mfcti on this island would be great!

MfG Lee smile.gif

Missing addons "zwa_telbu\tb.p3d"

Can you fix all mirrors plz Waterman? smile.gif

i like that island too, it has great potential.

waterman, how about that:

add the barracks addon from joerg f/ mapfact. it´s WRP-able, so you wont have to have the addon file in your folder.

Not sure if it is just my computer but i cant get any explosions to work on this island. When a missile or heavy machinegun hits the ground, it just leaves the burnt patch and the explosion niose, no fire or smoke is produced. Anyone else experiencing this?

Otherwise this is fantastic, the old version was already one of my favourites. The airports and islands look fantastic.

Dos that happen only on this island?

I had that problem when I first bought OFP and because I hadn't seen it before I thought it was weird, but probably normal.

But one time i saw it at a friend and he had explosions, smoke and everything.

I got home and tried changing some settings, and I found out that it was because I had "cloudlets" turned off. When i turned it on I had everything smile.gif

I really like this island, great work!! biggrin.gif

Just a few humble comments/requests:

1) Some parts of the island could use some vegitation, since it's very empty now.

2) I see you used Smiths harbour-addon, great ! But could you add the cranes aswell please ? smile.gif

3) Could you please add some more industry smile.gif

- Sander

Thank you for all the replies...

I'll fix that missing addons problem asap. There's always something. crazy.gif

I know the server is pretty crap, so that's why I recommended to wait till the news sites hosted it. (Thanks to fighter especially). As you probably noticed my site is out of bandwidth again. I should really buy some space but Im only 17 and dont have money flowing in... wink.gif

Also some of you may have noticed that just maybe there will be a RTS map for it... That is if Karrilion can be bothered and has the time.

About your requests, I know what your saying MOMO, it just takes ages to place each bush individualy. There's no other way really... sad.gif

Cheers,

Waterman. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Waterman @ 01 May 2003,18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thank you for all the replies...<span id='postcolor'>

From all the demands and suggestions, sounds like you should be working on Skye V3.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Waterman @ 01 May 2003,17:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">About your requests, I know what your saying MOMO, it just takes ages to place each bush individualy.  There's no other way really... sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I know, I've been trying to make up a decent map myself but so far without any really good results.

Succes smile.gif

- Sander

Well i cant d/ld from ofp.info anything confused.gif

And i use DAP crazy.gif

HELPPPP