Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

Hammer of bagdad

Here's your chance to fly the planet's most advance and sophisticated plane, newly modelled, textured, and LOD'ed built according to specifications from this nighthawk site:- http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-117.htm - this is not the download site!!!!!

Besides the usual bell and whistles, this

PCf117.pbo consists of :-

a. PC F117GP -

'Game Play' version of the actual Steath plane modified to suit OFP islands. 6 X GBU, 4 x MK84, 1 x WCMD (NUKE),370MPH.

B. PC F117CS -

'Close Simulation' version of the actual Steath plane modified to suit OFP island. 6 X  GBU, 4 x MK84, 1 x WCMD (NUKE),500MPH

C. PC F117XP

-'X'tra Play' version of the actual Steath plane modified to suit OFP island. 6 X  GBU, 4 x MK84, 1 x WCMD (NUKE),370MPH and laser weapon, which airforce generals are considering having to enhance its stealth capabilities, getting closer and slower to hit pinpoint targets while avoiding SAM barrage firing blind by equipping wingmen with white sands tested lasers to plough through the sam sites while letting the main team perform bomb runs.

Sorry if the downloading is slow, probably someone else is downloading it. wait a while cos this site gonna be around for sometime.

Download it here!:-www.geocities.com/philcommando

hmm is there another mirror? confused.gif

your site semms to be temporary unavailable.

and could we have some screenshots please? i want to see that bird before i can download it. smile.gif

I am very interested but your geocities page will be "down" for a while now I think.

/me screams for blackdog to upload it!!!

MfG Lee biggrin.gif

I like, the handling on the plane is nice, best of the F117s i've seen so far, and thankfully the nuke doesnt blow you as well as everything else on the map up when it hits!

Not sure if it was my computer or not but some of the textures looked strange close up, kind of like you used a cyristalise filter on them, probably just my graphics setting tho.

Hmmmm... confused.gif Couldn't you at least release a REALISTIC version to go with all these crazy-ass versions?? The F-117 can only carry up to 2 Bombs depending on their size.

I agree.  Nukes and lasers??   Please make a regular version with just a few regular bombs please and with stealth characteristics.   With that said, thanks for making an improved Stealth aircraft. I haven't downloaded yet (your site is down and no mirrors) but I hope that along with the versions you have now, that you will just make a normal one because if I have the AI flying the F117's I sure don't want them dropping a nuke near my own troops. sad.gif

Keep up the great work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

U know that the F117 only can carry to bombs or Rockets?

And also, it's 3 times the same planes with same Weapons:

6 GBU's (which GBU's?) flying like Sidewinders

4 Mk84's and 1 Cluster i think? thats very much for a bomber i think which can only carry 2 bombs! (oh i see Shashman said this already) Next time better coding.... confused.gif

Thanks for the response, here a  pic

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=242607

Sorry about the difficulty getting into the site. I will try to scrounge around for some bucks to set up my own server.

lol!...crazy assed versions?....hehe......i left it up to the user to select the weapons he wanna use, cos there are several types the actual F117 carries and not sure which would be suitable for them. Thats why i call it the game play versions.

There are 3 versions of this craft, main reason is the speed.  I dont like ofp aircrafts official or unofficial ones cause it's just way too fast - before u can check the target, u already zoom 10 km away from it, spoiling the 'fun' factor. Thats why i have the varying speeds.

No problem about creating the regular versions, but what would u like to have in it?( its already stealth capable - does not show up on radar, others cant target it)

speed:- ?

weapon:?

armour:?

any other changes u want?

Let me know and i can make the necessary changes or perhaps someone else  can create a better one than mine.

have fun! :-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Homer @ 27 April 2003,21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(oh i see Shashman said this already) Next time better coding.... confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

whats that supposed to mean?

you ungreatful people are f****** disgusting

whats so hard about giving constructive critisism instead of bashing people??

----------------------------------------------------------

I really like your model over the previously realeased ones, keep up the good work

no problem,xmurderx...thanks anyway.

The actual F117 is nuke carrying capable, as built based on specifications from the actual F117 published sites.

I tried to code a realistic nuke killing effect ( minus the cloud as ofp engine does not allow tampering with its explosion smoke in config but only in script). I placed groups of soldiers and equipment on every square of desert island, fly my plane up 900m, release the bomb and then flew down to check.............it was....horrifying......even if it is only virtual........death and destruction, blood and burnt wrecks.........total carnage.

Be glad that i made the bomb effect smaller scale, though its still quite disturbing  to see what one bomb can wreck on a division of troops.

Do read the readmetxt as it shows how u can bomb safely or place your troops out of range.....have...er...er..fun. ( by the way, the AI pilots are pretty accurate with the drop bombs, only small margin of error)

pics:-

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=2365034

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=2365070

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xmurderx @ 28 April 2003,04:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Homer @ 27 April 2003,21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(oh i see Shashman said this already) Next time better coding.... confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I really like your model over the previously realeased ones, keep up the good work<span id='postcolor'>

Errm...Why don't you chill and READ what we have written.

If telling the guy who made this addon that the weapons he has implemented aren't the weapons this aircraft actually use, and that it carries way more than it can carry, then please enlighten me as to what "constructive criticism" means.

- The F-117 is a relatively slow aircraft : I'd suggest giving it max speed of around 300kph.

- Limit its payload to 4 bombs, depending on munition type.For example it could carry 4 GBU-12s(500lbs), 4 GBU-10s(1000lbs),2 GBU-24s(2000lbs),1 GBU-28(4000lbs, bunker busting bomb) or equivalent weight JDAMs (can't remember precise designations)...As far as I know the F-117 can't launch missiles but it DEFINATELY isn't equipped with rocket launchers...

- Try to give it a high rate of climb so that it doesn't take too long to get to a suitable bomb drop altitude (usually +1500m but higher for better standoff capability)

Hope that helps   smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xmurderx @ 28 April 2003,04:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Homer @ 27 April 2003,21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(oh i see Shashman said this already) Next time better coding.... confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I really like your model over the previously realeased ones, keep up the good work<span id='postcolor'>

I would be very careful with my words, xmurderx, you are very close to getting a PR for this.

From the looks of things the plane looks the best Stealth Fighter/Bomber out. But please dont muck up things like the cockpit like past Stealth Fighters had done to them wink.gif I added a post on ofpbase.com about it (looks so good), but i cnat upload it because my e-mail doesn't take large files, so you cnat e-mail it to me confused.gif So can you give us a direct link to the file you uploaded to the site (i think you said you can d/l it from your iste on the first post, but i cant get into your site).

HotShot.

tryed to download it last night off your site and at 11% complete it told me the file was corrupt and it auto-shutdown the download.

Can someone post a pic of those nukes in action?  I've always wondered what that would look like in OFP.

Well not sure, but the explosion in the top right looks like a nuke explosion...

f117phil1.jpg

Base

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ 28 April 2003,17:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xmurderx @ 28 April 2003,04:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Homer @ 27 April 2003,21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(oh i see Shashman said this already) Next time better coding.... confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Errm...Why don't you chill and READ what we have written.

If telling the guy who made this addon that the weapons he has implemented aren't the weapons this aircraft actually use, and that it carries way more than it can carry, then please enlighten me as to what "constructive criticism" means.<span id='postcolor'>

Iam refearing to the statement "next time better coding" if you dont think thats a slap to the face then Iam sorry.

its kinda like walking up to an artist and saying "hmmm, next time do a better job of painting" that doesnt sound very constructive to me

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HotShot @ 29 April 2003,03:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">f117phil1.jpg

Base<span id='postcolor'>

if the plane was that close to the explosion it wouldn't be much of a plane anymore. wow.gif

How do you know the planes not really fast and is actually out running the explosion?

Enough flaming guys.

To answer his question, personally I'd just like to see the F117 with 4 regular GU-10 or GU-12 bombs. You might check out that F-111 addon that came out recently that has laser-guided bombs with fins that fold out when they drop. It's really very impressive!!! I highly recommend asking that addon maker who made it to use those bombs.

But even if you use just your own bombs or BIS made bombs then that's fine. I just mainly want something where the AI bombs accurate, has stealth (as it already has) and that drops normal bombs instead of nukes.... although keep the nuke version also because that's always fun sometimes. smile.gif

Keep up the great work!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I remember the one F15 jet addon that came with a H Bomb. The problem with it was the blast was invisavle and was hard to escape but if you ejected, even in the center of the blast, you lived. crazy.gif  wow.gif  confused.gif  crazy.gif  Anyway it looks really nice keep up the good work. smile.gif

You know what would be cool with a nuke? ....a momentary white-out screen that fades in one second!

btw... maybe you could use the "stealth" sound for the plane instead of "plane"... I mean like "12 o clock enemy stealth 500"