Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

Hammer of bagdad

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wonder @ 29 April 2003,23:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You know what would be cool with a nuke? ....a momentary white-out screen that fades in one second!

btw... maybe you could use the "stealth" sound for the plane instead of "plane"... I mean like "12 o clock enemy stealth 500"<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO...*Pictures a radar operator screaming "STEALTH AIRCRAFT DETECTED,Sir!...*

Thanks for your responses. Here goes:-

A. REALISM:-

Its pretty difficult to cater all tastes and one of the many reasons why i dont binarize my work is that you, the end user can configure it to the level of realism that you want as i have already provided the infrastructure.

To get it to the level you want, you only need to change 3 lines of code in the config.cpp.

1. Depbo the PCf117.pbo into a tempfile.

2. look for the config.cpp file, open it in notepad.

3. look under configweapons :> Class PC_mk80 or PC_gbu >

count = 6; ( change it to 2 or as many as u realistically want)

4. look under configvehicles> Class PC_f117CS>

Maxspeed = 500; ( change it to whatever speed u think u can handle realistically)

Weapons= { PC_gbuLancher, PC_wcmdLancher, PC_mk80Lancher};

Magazines= { PC_gbuLancher, PC_wcmdLancher, PC_mk80Lancher};

( change it to just one Lancher, eg:- Weapons={ PC_gbuLancher} ; Magazines={ PC_gbuLancher} ;

5. Save it and then pbo it back, copy and paste in addons folder and overwrite the original.

PS:- My only hope is that u do not distribute it and espacially do not use it in multi-player as it might be considered cheating, perhaps you can check with the host what kind of configurations he accepts so that all can have a fair fight.

B. AI BOMB RUNS.

On my first public release of the F117, i disable the AI from dropping bombs because:-

a. They already have 6!!! gbu to shoot.

b. Either they do not know how to estimate target distance altitude adjustment or just plain reckless and love to dive low to bomb, damaging that US$120million plane

c. User pilot would still be able to practice bomb running.

I received mails that they want AI to do bomb runs as well, so rather than to show how to change the codes ( there are about 8 lines which is very easy to get confused with ) i have recoded and uploaded the new zip in my website. Just unzip it and overwrite the original PCf117.pbo and AI will do bomb runs for u.

There is no secrecy with me about the disabling features in the event some modellers wanna have it in their planes. Its just the irtargeting in configvehicles that needs to be true in tandem with the ammo types for irlocking and take into consideration whether your plane has stealth characteristics or not.

C. SPEED

Just take note of plane speeds in ofp. It seems that planes have a minimum speed of up to 30% of maxspeed, eg: if the plane has a maxspeed of 900mph, it must not fly below 300mph or it will just land or drop from the sky with u as pilot losing all upward flight controls. At even the min speed of 300mph, i wonder what could u actually target?

D. NUKE smoke.

The picture of the explosion of the F117 attack on my website is created using triggers to start the catfire2 addon. As mentioned before,

ofp engine explosions cannot be tampered with in config. Those that uses script have nice explosions but unfortunately does not kill.

My nuke effect is not really realistic, just a normal puff, furthermore i scaled down the dammage level range to only about 6 map squares. Actual nukes would have vaporised anything 5km within the epicentre. I figured 6 map squares of death and destruction would satisfy any bloodlust among you. So if u want a better graphic smoke, i would recommend getting one of the bombscripts at the editing centre or find for any addons that would complement the feeling of despair or victory, depending on which side you are on.

Any other problems u have with the addon, post it here or mail it to me and i will try to answer all posts.

Vikingo made a nuclear scud once. I still have the mission. Its great fun, the only problem is a error I get saying something about a "damned zero divisor" as it said in the corner of the screen...

One question tho: Why isn't this discussion on the AMD thread?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Vikingo made a nuclear scud once. I still have the mission. Its great fun, the only problem is a error I get saying something about a "damned zero divisor" as it said in the corner of the screen...<span id='postcolor'>

hey thanks Sgt. Milkman for remeber that mission smile.gif

I still have that script "bug" here but a fan called "I" made some fix to it... I still have to test it here and I hope to have an updated version soon... I also want to bring Resistance support for the mission... but well for the ones that want to give a try to that and some other missions just click here

unidades_sov_nuclear_scud_mission_06_th.jpg

have fun with the nukes and V2 wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (philcommando @ 30 April 2003,04:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks for your responses. Here goes:-

A. REALISM:-

Its pretty difficult to cater all tastes and one of the many reasons why i dont binarize my work is that you, the end user can configure it to the level of realism that you want as i have already provided the infrastructure.

To get it to the level you want, you only need to change 3 lines of code in the config.cpp.

1. Depbo the PCf117.pbo into a tempfile.

2. look for the config.cpp file, open it in notepad.

3. look under configweapons :> Class PC_mk80 or PC_gbu >

count = 6; ( change it to 2 or as many as u realistically want)

4. look under configvehicles> Class PC_f117CS>

Maxspeed = 500; ( change it to whatever speed u think u can handle realistically)

Weapons= { PC_gbuLancher, PC_wcmdLancher, PC_mk80Lancher};

Magazines= { PC_gbuLancher, PC_wcmdLancher, PC_mk80Lancher};

( change it to just one Lancher, eg:- Weapons={ PC_gbuLancher} ; Magazines={ PC_gbuLancher} ;

5. Save it and then pbo it back, copy and paste in addons folder and overwrite the original.

PS:- My only hope is that u do not distribute it and espacially do not use it in multi-player as it might be considered cheating, perhaps you can check with the host what kind of configurations he accepts so that all can have a fair fight.

B. AI BOMB RUNS.

On my first public release of the F117, i disable the AI from dropping bombs because:-

a. They already have 6!!! gbu to shoot.

b. Either they do not know how to estimate target distance altitude adjustment or just plain reckless and love to dive low to bomb, damaging that US$120million plane

c. User pilot would still be able to practice bomb running.

I received mails that they want AI to do bomb runs as well, so rather than to show how to change the codes ( there are about 8 lines which is very easy to get confused with ) i have recoded and uploaded the new zip in my website. Just unzip it and overwrite the original PCf117.pbo and AI will do bomb runs for u.

There is no secrecy with me about the disabling features in the event some modellers wanna have it in their planes. Its just the irtargeting in configvehicles that needs to  be true in tandem with the ammo types for irlocking and take into consideration whether your plane has stealth characteristics or not.

C. SPEED

Just take note of plane speeds in ofp. It seems that planes have a minimum speed of up to 30% of maxspeed, eg: if the plane has a maxspeed of 900mph, it must not fly below 300mph or it will just land or drop from the sky with u as pilot losing all upward flight controls. At even the min speed of 300mph, i wonder what could u actually target?

D. NUKE smoke.

The picture of the explosion of the  F117 attack on my website is created using triggers to start the catfire2 addon. As mentioned before,

ofp engine explosions cannot be tampered with in config. Those that uses script have nice explosions but unfortunately does not kill.

My nuke effect is not really realistic, just a normal puff, furthermore  i scaled down the dammage level range to only about 6 map squares. Actual nukes would have vaporised anything 5km within the epicentre. I figured 6 map squares of death and destruction would satisfy any bloodlust among you. So if u want a better graphic smoke, i would recommend getting one of the bombscripts at the editing centre or find for any addons that would complement the feeling of despair or victory, depending on which side you are on.

Any other problems u have with the addon, post it here or mail it to me and i will try to answer all posts.<span id='postcolor'>

Being able to modify it is nice, but there's not much point to doing that if you're writing missions that use this addon but that will be played by other people. If they have different versions of the addon then it won't work, hence the reason why I really hope you release this addon with several versions of the F117 (including the AI bomber) with and without nukes.

At any rate keep up the great work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

My advice to the addon maker, just change the loadout to 2 bombs a bomber and leave it that way. You can go back and rearm and refuel if you gotta just completely vaporize something with it.

Release it with only 2 bombs a bomber and I think this addon will be even better.

Anyways, thought I'd get my worthless 2 cents in. Great work, keep it up.

Later.

Mr. Hitman.