Sign in to follow this  
dkraver

Improved unit editor

you should also have different camo patterns. Like the new one the marines use. Which has to deal with pixels.

you should also have different camo patterns. Like the new one the marines use. Which has to deal with pixels.

You should read the whole post  biggrin_o.gif  it should cover allmost every part of the unit selection.

I do like the whole backpack thing, but it has to be removable, the res soldiers with the backpacks are pretty easy to see when there prone.

It would be very nice if not only addon makers, but also mission makers could add custom cathegories/classes to the editor. Like equiping a soldier and then saving its as a template that could be used in other missions. Several of these template units could be used to form custom groups, that could also be saved as templates. A great thing would be the ability to export/import templates and exchange them with other people.

Such a template would contain all nescessary info like equipement, stats or visual aspects (with the possibility to leave some of them as default/random).

there should be a command to make a unit appear at a point without oodles of scripting like "this unit appear" in a trigger field and in the init you could type something like "unit setinvisible"?

Nice points, i hope BIS considers some of it.

Just one thing, from a mission editors point of view, allow a fully configured unit to be copied then pasted and it will appear with the same uniform, loadout, face etc.

Also you could select the unit to have a random face and random headgear so with ten copy and pastes, you have essentially created an individual squad.

All good ideas.

So now we can throw out the ability to use old OFP addons.

So we can make totaly new ones, and BIS would have to give us a new 3d program to build with. wink_o.gif

So now we can throw out the ability to use old OFP addons.

Not really. You would only have to change the config a little to make it fit the different selections. Much in the same way that people changed their addons from old OFP to RES OFP with own selection folders.

$33ker @ June 27 2003,10:58)]
smile_o.gif reminds me of that old AOEII: AOK editor. my first editing experience. I even made a little campaign which was released on a PC games mag disc. biggrin_o.gif (I wish OFP's editor could be as simple as AOE's wink_o.gif )

Very nice idea, but Im not here to post about that.

Sounds good for a Perfect Dark setup.

Anyway,

I think it would be good if SpecOps could have Splinter Cell type movments.  Maybey hug walls, a Stealth Walk, and stuff.

Edit - please don't quote images

Anyway,

I think it would be good if SpecOps could have Splinter Cell type movments.  Maybey hug walls, a Stealth Walk, and stuff.

And why would you post this under in a post about the unit editor??  rock.gif

I didnt find the display of the unit editor to be much hassle. Although selecting commands using the numbers on my keyboard was a bit annoying. Perhaps this is the only solution to such a problem?

The idea here is to have as many options open to the player, yet make them as easy as possible to access.

As of yet, i do not have a solution for this.

I didnt find the display of the unit editor to be much hassle. Although selecting commands using the numbers on my keyboard was a bit annoying. Perhaps this is the only solution to such a problem?

The idea here is to have as many options open to the player, yet make them as easy as possible to access.

As of yet, i do not have a solution for this.

You really should read the whole post instead of just the title before posting something. This thread is NOT about how you command your units, but on the selection of the units you want to use when making a mission in the mission editor. For the other thing you should post here which you already have. But again think you also should read the whole thing there aswell.

I'm not sure I quite follow what the ManwithManyIdeas is saying then - it's annoying to use the F keys in the unit editor (to add triggers, groups, etc.)? Then just use the mouse... am I missing something? rock.gif

I would hope that there would be a built in way to create mission briefings, and set other parameters like respawn, and weapons pool from inside of the editor.

I have a few decent missions that have not been released because of the pain of going to a 3rd party app to create these things.

Hows about you can load up multiple mission pages at 1 time & that you can flick between easily? - Also interface that shows the SQM text file that you can edit in an editor window?

Another idea i had in mind for some time now, @ 1st i thought it was just crazy, then i thought it was insane, then just kool:)and now im throwing to you lot...

Hows about multi people can use the editor mission page at same time? they connect like multiplayer game via IP or something like that on lan or net?

Ran through this thread quickly and I did not find anything related to unit skill...

I think it would be nice with all these ideas/suggestions (which btw great...) to have more 'complex' skill settings.

So you'd have multiple skill faders for, let's say like shooting, driving (tactics, leadership, or is this getting way too roleplay... sad_o.gif ) etc. because it's very annoying when you have to make for example a vehicles driver to have full skill just to make him stay on the road whilst driving... When he gets out and starts shooting he is dropping you almost from 800 meters away with single shot right after hitting the ground...

This would also lenghten the fire fights since it would possible to set the NME skill to spot you high but his shooting skill low...

I'd love to get the same fire fight atmosphere in OFP as they have (in other ways a bit crappy...) Call of Duty...

But I'll shut up now and let you shoot my ideas down  tounge_o.gif

Right now, we have 4 sides, West, East, Res, Civ, and we can't create new ones! A team system like in the "skirmish" mode of, for example, the Command & Conquer games would be practical.

You can create as many teams as you like and then decide which teams they will be friendly to and which sides they will be hostile to.

I bet this could be adapted to OFP2. smile_o.gif