Page 7 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Ai thread

I mentioned this a long time ago before even Red hammer came out I believe. AI should have a better IFF (identify friendly foe) system. As it is now, they will not fire on empty vehicles regardless if the enemy can use them or not. ( I know I would destroy a T80 if it worked and the crew was just outside of it) It also knows when 1 of its vehicles have been comandeered. If you steal a T72 and drive it into a soviet base, they won't know that you are a US soldier until you start killing them. Also, If you drove that same T72 to your base, some private with an AT4 will shoot at you because he thinks your a soviet, not like current ai.

this would probably be easy to implement because all youd really have to do would be to change the 'side' of a unit while it was in the vehicle
    And if the Army and the Navy ever look on heaven's scenes, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines

Visit
    my site for my custom campaign and missions.

I think the reasoning is that passwords and radio communications are used to identify yourself when you approach friendlies in real-life. It is doubtful (except maybe in a Spec Ops mission) that you would have the necessary password or be able to radio the friendly convincingly.

I think that it would be best if a certain amount of "surprise time" be allowed in such situations.
    One of the OFP "Veterans"

Sleeping Soldiers:

When I soldier is abruptly roused from sleep one way or the other without waking on his own, there should be a couple of minutes where the soldier is completely disoriented and confused.

If he wakes on his own (that is, his body had slept enough), he should only be disoriented for about 5 seconds.

This, of course, would necessitate soldiers who can sleep, which I think is absolutely necessary for realistic Spec Ops missions.

Erratic fire:

I think there should be a random pattern to fire. "Bang...bang, bang...burst...bang...burrrrrrrst" The more panicky the soldier the more times they will fire without taking careful aim. The more panicky they are, the more they will hold down the trigger in full-auto, too.

I don't know if this has been posted yet. Weighing in at 62 replies feel free to delete my redundancy should it end up being so. =P

... anyhow. Character interaction, and I don't mean insofar as mundane crap like talking and chitchat and such. To illustrate my point. Have you ever seen a squad you were assualting with nearly torn to pieces... or a tank squad scamper away from their wrecked vehicle? Didn't it frustrate you that you couldn't say or indicate that they should join you or something? Should you have the space to command them that is. I don't necessarily mean by scripted events either. Just out of the blue you see an allied plane shot down... you meet up with the pilot and you can attempt to bring him into the fold so he doesn't run off bumbling into the enemy. So he can actually be useful in a group.

Anyhow that's just my idea really. Allowing my character various options of interfacing with AI, not necessarily in a cinematic way, but to more efficiently coordinate and compensate for things on an ever-changing battlefield.

I have an suggestion for a script.
    Make the AI be more realistic like:

- Retreat when they're about to lose.
    - Take cover, and use landscape to it's advantage.
    - Make AI use airstrike and call backup, reinfocement.
    - Make AI ambush you when they get the chance.
    - Make AI snipers kill Officers first.

Or make more than one script, as you must have understood.
    my suggestion is to make AI releaistic, and make them think

so....................... i'm going to bed

I orginaly posted this at the scripting topic so i just copyed.
    next target. BED!

This will make giving commands easier.

The game Socom: US Navy SEALs came with a microphone that you could give commands with ai. It reconized your words and made it able to encrypt into the ai's "brain".
    The game could come with a microphone.

This way you don't accidentally tell ai to turn the engine off while mid air.

Sergeant Major
    It would definetely be cool if OFP2 had voice recognition technology built into it for the AI. And if you said something they didn't understand, the AI could say "what on earth are you talking about" or something.

ye that would rock!
    I got SOCOM: us navy seals.

Quote Originally Posted by (Naruto @ June 24 2003,00:22)
    I have an suggestion for a script.
    Make the AI be more realistic like:

- Retreat when they're about to lose.
    - Take cover, and use landscape to it's advantage.
    - Make AI use airstrike and call backup, reinfocement.
    - Make AI ambush you when they get the chance.
    - Make AI snipers kill Officers first.
    I believe that they'll do all of this except for #4, right now.

Try putting a Cobra flying into a group with a squad on the ground commanding it. The A.I. commander will tell the Cobra to take out the BMP or Tank.

I would like to see smoke grenades provide actual concealment. This does work in MP, but not against AI in single player where smoke is little more than eye candy.
    \"Will laser for exfil.\"

\"Friends don't let friends vote Democrat.\"

Page 7 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast