This addon use "smoke-behind-planes" script

Copyright 2003 by Maje$tyTheDogg

lehmstich92@gmx.de

http://mitglied.lycos.de/niko92/

-------------------------------

1 pic and url to download :

fi103r_v1.jpg

http://www.storiamilitare.org/be45/germanair.php

"Fi.103A-1 Flying Bomb" (West > Empty > Air)

"Fi.103Re.4" (West > Air)

"Fi.103Re.4 CAP" (West > Air)

"Fi.103Re.4 CAS" (West > Air)

"Fi.103A-1 Flying Bomb" fly without pilots or scripts !

By "At St Walker" (p3d and cpp), "Dr.Rebus" (textures), Col Max R. (beta testing)

some info about this doodle bug ..

Fi.103A-1 Flying Bomb

The Fi.103A-1 was more commonly known as the "V-1" (Vergeltungswaffe 1 -- Vengeance Weapon 1) missile. It was a pilotless, mid-win monoplane powered by a unique pulsating flow duct motor, carrying a warhead weighing 846kg.

Guidance and accuracy were pre-programmed into the missile before firing and this prevented the missile from any form of electronic interference or jamming. The path of the missile would always be a straight line. When target was reached the pulse jet simply shut off and the missile began its free-fall.

Mass production began in March 1944 and approximately 35,000 were constructed before the end of the war. Of the 35,000, 9,251 were used against England (London in particular), of which 4,621 were shot down, and 6,551 landed on Antwerp, of which 2,455 were destroyed.

Length : 7.75m

Body Diameter : 82.3cm

Wingspan : 5.4m

Launch Weight : 2,200kg

Warhead : 846kg

Guidance : Preset magnetic compass, airlog propeller, autopilot

Propulsion : Pulsejet

Range(km) : 260

Deployment : About 35,000

Fi.103Re-4

The Fieseler Fi 103R manned missile was one of the many desperate projects conceived as the German situation became more hopeless. Basically the Fi 103R was a piloted version of the V-1 flying bomb, powered by the same Argus pulsejet engine. By mid-1944, preparations had been made for mass production, in time for the operation to attack the Allied forces amassed in southern England.

The Fi 103R was to be carried by a parent aircraft and released near the target. Then the pilot would take over and direct the bomb into a dive towards the target. The pilot was to detach the canopy and bale out just before impact. The canopy, however, would almost certainly block the pulsejet inlet and reduce the chance of pilot survival to almost zero. Nevertheless, the Germans went to great lengths to distinguish their Selbstopfermänner (self-sacrifice men) from the Japanese Kamikaze pilots, whose cockpits were sealed closed before take-off.

The Fi 103R's operation was codenamed Reichenberg and a total of about 175 manned Fi 103Rs (R for Reichenberg) were made. The R1, R2 and R3 were used for test and training, and R4 was to be the production model. Two Rechlin pilots crashed while test-flying the Fi 103R, and afterwards trial flights were transferred to DFR test pilots Hanna Reitsch and Heinz Kensche. Flying the Fi 103R was quite simple, since the Fi 103R's unmanned version could fly without direct control.

Landing, on the other hand, was very difficult due to the primitive control system, absence of landing gear and high landing speed. This should not have mattered much because the Fi 103R was not designed to return anyway! The project was deemed impractical and abandoned, even though some 70 pilots volunteered for training.

Length : 7.75m

Body Diameter : 82.3cm

Wingspan : 5.4m

Launch Weight : 2,200kg

Warhead : 846kg

Propulsion : Pulsejet

Range(km) : 260

Deployment : About 175

-------

Weapons :

- "Fi.103A-1 Flying Bomb" : unarmed

- "Fi.103Re.4" : unarmed

- "Fi.103Re.4 CAP" : 2 mg17, 2 MK108, 24 R4M rocket

- "Fi.103Re.4 CAS" : 2 mg17, 4 50kg bomb

Hmm...Looks OK although the wingspan looks a little bigger than it should be.I went to the Duxford Air Museum this weekend and they have a launch ramp and V-1, and the missile looked generally sleeker than this addon does, more like a missile.Also why the CAs and CAP??! confused.gif  confused.gif This is a cruise missile!

Anyone remember a movie called Operation Crossbow? 6302605032.01.TZZZZZZZ.jpg If not you might wanna check it out smile.gif     This addon kinda gave me a chill as I watched two buzzbombs fly over the beach that I was standing on.

The empty buzzb didn't kill me when it crashed near me, maybe add some satchel power to it's crash?    

I don't think I can hear the freefall bombs that are dropped from the BUZZB make any noise.

I see the west pilots being the only other prob ,and that can be fixed easy.  Overall good job!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ April 24 2003,12:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also why the CAs and CAP??! confused.gif  confused.gif This is a cruise missile!<span id='postcolor'>

Yes i know.. CAS and CAP version (SCi-FI Ok.. smile.gif ) for the next one Be45 demo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paladin @ April 24 2003,00:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Download link doesnt work.<span id='postcolor'>

?? :0

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pathfinder @ April 24 2003,19:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The empty buzzb didn't kill me when it crashed near me, maybe add some satchel power to it's crash?    

I don't think I can hear the freefall bombs that are dropped from the BUZZB make any noise.

I see the west pilots being the only other prob ,and that can be fixed easy.  Overall good job!<span id='postcolor'>

The empty buzzb ..

Yeah, crash version with expl. script is under costruction, i'm sorry

I can hear the freefall bombs ..

?? no sounds ? wow.gif

I see the west pilots being the only other prob ..

I'm sorry, all german addons made by Berlin1945 is loc at west side and russian in east smile.gif but you can freely changed side if you will (but not redistribuite this modified addon smile.gif .. only for personal use OK ? smile.gif )

Please explain what the logic is behind making the Germans on the West side and the Americans on the East side???

Is it because West is looked at as the "good guys" and the East as the "Bad guys"?

A lot of us players do not just stick to one WWII mod. Most of us mix and match lots of different WWII addons. All of the other ones have the sides reversed (U.S. West, Germans East). While this can be changed in the map editor, it's a stupid to be forced to do this and it causes the max per squad to be 11 (because the leader has to be on the West side with his probability of appearance slider turned to 0%).

Anyways, I sincerely hope that your mod team changes the sides on the addons because unless you're a big fan of the Nazis it doesn't make any sense.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'd call it a cruise missle not a UAV...and a very innacurate one at that.

I don't think they ever used the piloted versions of them. I kind of recall them being a potential "kamikaze" weapon but even though the SS was pretty wacked out they weren't crazy like the Japanese were.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ April 25 2003,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Please explain what the logic is behind making the Germans on the West side and the Americans on the East side???  

Is it because West is looked at as the "good guys" and the East as the "Bad guys"?

A lot of us players do not just stick to one WWII mod.  Most of us mix and match lots of different WWII addons.  All of the other ones have the sides reversed (U.S. West, Germans East).  While this can be changed in the map editor, it's a stupid to be forced to do this and it causes the max per squad to be 11 (because the leader has to be on the West side with his probability of appearance slider turned to 0%).  

Anyways, I sincerely hope that your mod team changes the sides on the addons because unless you're a big fan of the Nazis it doesn't make any sense.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

Ok Ok..

Berlin OPF MOD.. berlin West Europe Ok ?

German vs Russian Ok ? not others nation in this MOD, only vehicle and weapons..

German = West

Russian = Est

its geography pure, no ? smile.gif

its to sensitive if you ask me sad.gif would be neat if ir flew more like the bronco tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (At.St_Walker @ April 25 2003,18:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok Ok..

Berlin OPF MOD.. berlin West Europe Ok ?

German vs Russian Ok ? not others nation in this MOD, only vehicle and weapons..

German = West

Russian = Est

its geography pure, no ? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oooooh ok. So no U.S., British, ect... soldiers. Alright that makes sense now.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

that makes sense within the mod itself, but you guys haven't released the entire thing yet. More importantly, everyone likes to mix and match WW2 addons, so it's hard to play with the West Pz4 fighting along the West Sherman against the East T-34 and King Tiger.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ 26 April 2003,23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that makes sense within the mod itself, but you guys haven't released the entire thing yet. More importantly, everyone likes to mix and match WW2 addons, so it's hard to play with the West Pz4 fighting along the West Sherman against the East T-34 and King Tiger.<span id='postcolor'>

We release the final version of the MOD..before the addon then the islands and therefore the missions.. Be45 website is "final version" of ours MOD smile.gif

Day after day you have the complete MOD without having to unload (to the end) tons of MB of zipped (or exe) files  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ 26 April 2003,23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">More importantly, everyone likes to mix and match WW2 addons, so it's hard to play with the West Pz4 fighting along the West Sherman against the East T-34 and King Tiger.<span id='postcolor'>

I know this problem.. i know..  wink.gifangel.gif