Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

Mig-21 by vit!

I'm glad we have some MiG-21s finally.

Some comments:

1. Landing gear does not fully retract... you can see two "lumps" for wheels on the underside of the wings.

2. The 250kg bombs don't show up on my planes.

3. When in the cockpit, you can't tell that there is a canopy. It might be too translucent, or maybe someone cleaned it really well. crazy.gif

4. Handling is very, very poor. Even with a joystick, I can't take off without crashing very fast. Maybe decrease the sensitivity?

5. Textures look alright, more like pictures of the MiG overlaid on the model than anything custom designed. I believe there are Czech markings on 3 of the models and Egyptian or Pakistani on the other two. The nose lettering is Arabic, but there is a cross on the tail. crazy.gif Good choice of camo schemes, though.

5. Sound is good.

Overall 7/10. I'd like to see an update in the future!

Its nice to see something better from vit now. His work seems to be improving!

A good choice of plane to do. Vit's quality is picking up somewhat as well but there's always this feeling that no one has even tested the addon ONCE before release.

-The handling is a bit wack I agree. I managed to fly not "too" badly but the poor AI went into a spinning death roll down into the ocean a few times(I had never seen that before)

-The planes are obviously labelled all wrong.

-The pilot is a U.S pilot

-cockpit textures are a bit mediocre

-as mentioned, the gear doesnt retract fully

-unfinished bomb textures

Perhaps a beta test or 10 before throwing out another addon would be a good idea.

The overall model I think is good.  However it would be nice to see in an update:

1. Thandling on the mig improved.

2. The cockpit glass texture dirtied up a bit.

3.  The landing gear animation made so that the gear disappears when it goes up.

4. East AI pilot

5. Finished bomb textures.

6. Script activated flag textures on the planes so that the flags of any nation can be put on it (like the SEB NAM2 helicopters).  They should have at least the old Russian red star and not the modern Russian flag on it.  But I would love to see Libyan, Syrian, Pakistani, Iraqi, North Vietnamese, ect... flags on the Migs.

7. Finally, one HUGE HUGE HUGE bug in this addon is that it is EXTREMELY hard to get missiles to hit the Mig-21. The missiles (Stingers or from Western aircraft addons) will lock on, but they usually change direction at the last minute as if the Mig-21 has some kind of ECM device on it. The Vulcan AA guns will hit it sometimes, but the Mig-21 flys so fast that usually they miss. At any rate, I hope Vit makes it easier for AA missiles to hit it.

Oh... one VERY good thing about this addon is that the AI pilots are actually VERY accurate with their bombs.   Also the sounds of the engine and of the bombs exploding are VERY good.  The only thing missing as far as weapons are concerned are some rocket pods!!!

Anyhoo...  it's a nice step up in quality for Vit.  Hopefully he'll continue to improve this badly needed addon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Apart from above...

a) unrealistic cockpit glass

b) bad proportions, especcially tailwing

c) arnament completely screwed... MiG-21 has no "third pylon" (pair of pylons outside the wing), it has in fact only 4 pylons on wings (2 per wing)

d) textures totally unrealistic and of poor quality (textures do not match geometry) sad.gif

Enough for constructive criticism... :]

This Mig-21 is not in Czech camo.

That lettering on the nose in this image is a mirrored image, which on the other, proper side reads "217". A google search did not pick up a matching real life color scheme, tho.

sad.gif

I'm still waiting for Koepke's MiG-21 to be released! confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ April 22 2003,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This Mig-21 is not in Czech camo.

That lettering on the nose in this image is a mirrored image, which on the other, proper side reads "217". A google search did not pick up a matching real life color scheme, tho.

sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nice... But it's wrong! tounge.gif

it is not a mirrored "217", it is a number in arabic alphabette.

Which means that it is some arabic camo.

Not Chech, true :]

-That Czech one looks verry stragne sad.gif

-Textures are not good too sad.gif

Meybe we can (ACR-mod) create are own,and better,but we dont´t have with 2addons member (Twyggy,me) enought time for all things sad.gif

If somebody wonna help?we need models and textures smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ April 22 2003,14:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ April 22 2003,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This Mig-21 is not in Czech camo.

sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nice... But it's wrong! tounge.gif

it is not a mirrored "217", it is a number in arabic alphabette.

Which means that it is some arabic camo.

Not Chech, true :]<span id='postcolor'>

Well... if you look at it from the correct side (left side) it reads 217 IN ARABIC. In the image I posted it's 712, but backwards IN ARABIC. Sorry, forgot to mention that it was Arabic in my second post, though I do mention it in the first.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">5. Textures look alright, more like pictures of the MiG overlaid on the model than anything custom designed. I believe there are Czech markings on 3 of the models and Egyptian or Pakistani on the other two. The nose lettering is Arabic, but there is a cross on the tail. Good choice of camo schemes, though. <span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for pointing out my omission. smile.gif

I like them , they work with 1.46 and don't lag the game like early migs. They make M1A1's into coffins with their dead on aim smile.gif I never had a problem with the ai pilots. But when I take em for a spin.....well spinning is all I do ,untill I die tounge.gif But's thats cause I use a damn mouse and not a stick, so it's my fault.

Good addon just needs a little work....and it needs a big red target..err..I mean star. smile.gif