Sign in to follow this  
Airwolf

What is the best camo?

I play paintball, and i have a set of basic woodland camo BDU's that i use for camoflauge. But everyone has woodland camo, and i want to be a little different, i have been looking for marpat BDU's online but i cant find any. I have often thought of getting some swiss camo, which is basically resistance camo isnt it? Or some german fleckarm (dont know how to spell it) camo. But im not sure if it will be as good as basic woodland camo, can anyone here offer some info on what you think is the best camoflauge that can be purchased and why? And possibly, where? The local surplus store just closed down due to lack of funds... so i have no place to go anymore, and im not sure about some of these online places, alot of them dont really look legit, bad site designs and so on.

thanks.

i'd say a french lizard pattern

gimme a few seconds to find pictures

frenchlizard.jpg

if i remember correctly , it's the second version of lizard camo in use in the french army , it has been issued to french troops from the late 50's to the early 80's

it has seen combat in algeria

the one sold on this page appears to be a later model compared to the one i've posted a picture of , it is a little bit lighter

http://www.tridentmilitary.com/Tiger.Stripe.Camo.htm

french2.jpg

What kinds of settings are you playing in? The effectiveness of different camouflage patterns will largely depend on it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ April 21 2003,00:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What kinds of settings are you playing in? The effectiveness of different camouflage patterns will largely depend on it.<span id='postcolor'>

1 camo pattern which blends well in several kinds of landscapes is the french central european

You can check here,Camouflage Website the creator of the site has all kinds of camo uniforms from the post WW2 era, name a country, he probably has a uniform for it.

Since I am biased, I'd say that CADPAT is the best camouflage that you can get, civilians can't buy it because of the anti-IR coating, but there are reproductions available.

Tyler

Where we play looks very similar to this

bcanyon.jpg

the only difference is that there is more small bushes and dead trees, that have turned grey. And there are dead light brown leafs all over the ground everywhere, and if dirt can be seen in the areans, its usually redish.

Well, here in oklahoma the dirt is really red in some places. For that I have some german camo that is a lot of blotches of redish brown, black, green and and some other colors and it seems to work really well.

If you are in America, Here is were I buy most of my hunting/outdoor stuff for wholesale prices.

Welcome to Sanctuary's camo advices

By looking at your game field , the best camo will be a bush camo

Here a picture of me to illustrate this

(By example here , i am the bush in the left of the guy in the central part of the picture)

bush4.jpg

But do not do the mistake when you choose your bush camo

(here i made the mistake to take the wrong bush camo and every people could see me)

BUSH%20points%20with%20finger.jpg

biggrin.gif

.redad.JPG

LÖL biggrin.giftounge.gif

looks like you were wearing a ghillie suit. but i think Airwolf wants a new BDU. wink.gif

45142761.jpg

From this picture you can see the British army cannot afford to give us all desert combats so they split them half and half.

But when they are not in the desert (uhh when is that?) they have good camo schemes for the enviroment they work in.

However the RAF is given all the good stuff!

45140352.jpg

45142325.jpg

Okay Okay, so we aren't so good in Heathrow either, but we are trying, if only more holiday makers wore DPMs and we had a bit more vegetation!

45137228.jpg

Well we might as well be wearing targets around our neck, but it's okay now. Remember '72 though.

45137190.jpg

No wonder the Norwegians laugh at us when we're over there, these Royal Marines are at the end of a five day insertion march over some very steep hills.

45142348.jpg

Just wait till these guys finish the exercise and go terrorise the clubs of Cyprus. Disgusting behaviour!

But anyway

45110465.jpg

This is the British FIST system, when we all came up with the idea of 'super soldiers' we decided to jump on the bandwagon. I should be getting a Merlin or Super SAR Puma but no, these guys have to slug around looking silly. I'm all bitter and twisted about that!

smile.gif

German fleckarn !

Germany always had advance on the other countries as regards camouflage pattern (even in WWI & WWII)

flecktarn1.jpg

flecktarn2.jpg

***** I'm not german, so it isn't a chauvinistic choice *****

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 22 2003,19:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I once captured a jogger in the forest on a military exercise.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

pfffft. see, i told you not to drink beer to much, Herr Bierliender Kendoist wink.gif

Flecktarn Camo is the best looking camo, imo.

its just a matter of taste.

If you like to be stylish, get the red Swiss camo which Victor Troska uses. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 22 2003,22:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 22 2003,19wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I once captured a jogger in the forest on a military exercise.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

pfffft. see, i told you not to drink beer to much, Herr Bierliender Kendoist wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I`m telling the truth, mate biggrin.gif

Check Here!!! tounge.gif

I thought the Swiss camo was great

swissm88.jpg

Swiss Alp camo

swissalpenflage.jpg

The chinese one:

chinese_pla_para_jacket.jpg

My paintball match's are in the forest or in an fake urban environement (grey cardboard)

So i have this grey camo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ April 22 2003,17:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't you think Airwolf would stand out way too much in that red dress? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL biggrin.gif

and don't forget: OFP's resistance doesn't only use swiss camo. the MGunner's, snipers, crews, and pilots also wear Flecktarn! wink.gif

Flecktarn means spot-camo

Fleck = spot

tarn = Tarnung = camoflage