Sign in to follow this  
PicVert

Rapier launcher completed

Nice, especially the sound of the missiles being launched, the smoke at the firesite and the textures of the missiles.

Few scripting issues i noticed.

1. AI cannot 'put new missiles in' the launcher. You have to walk over and select that command from the menu for him to have new missiles. Even when you give him new missiles he cannot reload them, meaning he can only fire 4 missiles.

2. When putting new missiles in, you are able to repeatedly execute that command thus giving the launcher multiple 'clips' of missiles i.e. you dont need to use the reload menu function ,talked about in point 1,  to get more missiles into the launcher, it simply reloads like a tank gun after you fire all four missiles.

3. When you have multiple clips of missiles loaded only three missiles actually fire (disappear) from the launcher with the one on the top left staying put. When you then go to your next clip of missile only the one missile on the top left appears loaded on the launcher (i.e. the launcher graphics didnt reload, they just stayed as was when you fired the last missile from the first clip). All missiles in that clip then fire from the vacant top right where there is no missile. This continues until you have no more clips. On the final missile fire the missile that has been stuck on the top left disappears, however ot fires from the top right position.

4. These guys hardly ever hit their targets. I watched the AI fire around 20 missiles (from multiple sites and angles) at a helo and not hit it, may need to rescript the tracking/fire acccruacy of the system.

Once these are fixed this will be quite a useful static air defence unit.

This addon would be awesome for the Falklands and Maldivas War mods since British forces used this Rapier system in that conflict. By the way for it's time, it was considered to be one of the deadliest and most accurate short range AA missile systems.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I shot down 15 Mi 17's with this! How come it can't turn at a 360 degree angle? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ April 19 2003,16:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This addon would be awesome for the Falklands and Maldivas War mods since British forces used this Rapier system in that conflict.  By the way for it's time, it was considered to be one of the deadliest and most accurate short range AA missile systems.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

i think Klink is making a rapier?

otherwise great job swiss mod! smile.gif

ugh! this addon needs 2 other addons to work. plus that installer.... confused.gif and if it does not turn 360 I wont find it of much use.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R71 @ April 19 2003,23:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ugh! this addon needs 2 other addons to work. plus that installer....  confused.gif and if it does not turn 360 I wont find it of much use.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually you don't need those other addons. Simply stick it as an "empty" object on the map editor. Then give it a name like "rapier1".

Then put in a soldier that you want as a gunner next to it. In the soldier's init line type:

this moveingunner rapier1;

Walla... now you can use it. For a gunner I use Bibmi's British soldier teaser or the Maldivas Mod British soldiers. The main problem I see with it is that the AI can't reload the system. sad.gif

The 360 degree problem can be handled by careful placement of the several Rapier systems facing different directions, but I agree that it would be much nicer if it turned 360 degrees.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

1.Download the Rapier.

2. Go to Project UK forces, and download their Royal Marines, or find any other UK troops of your choice.

3. Bung the Rapier into your mission empty, and name it R1.

4. put: this moveingunner "R1" into a troops init field.

5. Better do another one, just in case.

6. Run mission. Destroy any bad guys flying.

Damn, Miles wuz quicker.

Hang on: who said it can't turn 360?

Just tested; it can, but you've got to hit V.

Sorry but I can't try it since you restrict visitors to your web-site and you won't get in if your browser doesn't support Active-X  confused.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I tried it again. This time it went in a 360 turn. I don't know why it did it before. crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ April 19 2003,16:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This addon would be awesome for the Falklands and Maldivas War mods since British forces used this Rapier system in that conflict.  By the way for it's time, it was considered to be one of the deadliest and most accurate short range AA missile systems.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

We finished making ours a while ago buddy  wink.gif

rapier1.jpg

1. The installer is for AAE. (check version and other stuff)

2. 360° is a limitation of OFP engine, the gunner is outsid view and did'nt move with view direction is stay on the air control sys. But the solution is to press view optic wink.gif.

3. Falkland MOD I assume you have nice pic but where is the addon, if I saw it before I don't make it, I begun to make other addon if I saw it, I have a lot of work for addon. smile.gif

4. AI could'nt reload : I've done a scipt for AI but question ? how many reload do you need ? smile.gif I have done one with 3 time reload for AI.

You could download it in web site.

Thx.

happy to see "swiss addons" in OFP smile.gif

it works good.

But as said before, I hate the installer.... My OFP isn't installed in "Program File/Codemaster....." But it's just a detail without importance.

wait one or two day for download the script I have no time today sry.

For place to install I would see that smile.gif

PicVert: I meant no offence to what I was saying before.. I was just letting the other guy (Miles Teg) know that we'd already begun work on ours quite some time ago.. You can see from this thread:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=165

That doesn't mean anyone else can't make it of course!

No Ash I'm not offenced smile.gif

I was just telling that if I saw your addon, I don't make my own, because I have a lot of addon on work and if I saw yours I use it for my futur Campagn smile.gif

and Col. Klink is working on ? he help me for scripting "shit" excuse me Col. Klink I don't want be a robber of your work !smile.gif

I hate that idea confused.gif

I have a debt with your MOD if you need some help for texturing or other stuff I'm your soldier wink.gif

Hey PicVert. No problems matey. Doesn't matter who makes what. Look at this way. Your rapier is made under Swiss licence, ours is under New Zealand license smile.gif

Anyway if you need any more help, just ask.

Cheers