Sign in to follow this  
Jimboh

Code blue

Yep, we finally released it biggrin.gif

Sorry if its a bit too late wherever you are, but we live on the west coast of US, so our time is a bit later crazy.gif

Download at our site

If you can mirror these files, please PM me, because our server might slow down...

Woah! Talk about baggy clothing! These guys are so damn huge that they might be mistaken with weird-coloured boulders in the battlefield.

I really like the shoes wow.gif

The units look good but the weapons sad.gif

The M4 model was made in 5 minutes, the m16 too and the M249 and M240 dont look good too...

Wha wha why do i need the BAS weapons wow.gif . Cant wait ti'll tomorrow to try this out though. (Got some RAM issues that takes my sound away, and i am to lazy to open the can up again)

These models are really good, just not as good as BAS(sorry smile.gif ).

Oh, I don't think their armor should be able to withstand 25 bullets from a M16.. you might wanna do something about that.

er...you could shoot em in the head...and its a one shot kill... confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Oh, I don't think their armor should be able to withstand 25 bullets from a M16.. you might wanna do something about that. <span id='postcolor'>

yeah it can actually.... my friend in the army tried out the damn armor (intercepter body armor), and the thing only cracked at 8 shots.... no bullets went through at 20+ shots.... He said, however, that cracked ribs do occur, and more crap does happen to your body underneath that armor.... That's what kills you in the game..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> The M4 model was made in 5 minutes, the m16 too <span id='postcolor'>

tell that to BI (Bohemia Interactive) The m16 and M4 are theirs... i just made the forward sights a bit more realistic...

We will improve on the M249.... That M240 is just a crap version i put together in less then 5 mins. It will definately improve..... lol you guessed something right tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Woah! Talk about baggy clothing! These guys are so damn huge that they might be mistaken with weird-coloured boulders in the battlefield. <span id='postcolor'>

They're at MOPP 1... right now they are wearing them bio-chem suits... That's why they look all fat....

That's also why you don't see the bleeding of the legs and arms... The BDU underneath sucks it all up

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Wha wha why do i need the BAS weapons <span id='postcolor'>

We are using their M24 and their M136 with their permission

err.. The US Army has recruited all fat asses.. the faces i dunno.. something went wrong.. maybe you should change em back to the ones u were showing off at beta stages.. when ur about 10 feet away they appear to be tank crews... whats going on?? this was a beta release right?? the textures tend to vanish alot.. make them a little more skinny.

M16 sounds are good.. dont like the burst sound tho.. to echo'y and i cant hit $hit with those reticules. their too tight in close quarters.. if i press shift the enmy goes prone and gets me while im looking for him in my optic view.

nice units.. still

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> eh, that's no way to talk about marines. <span id='postcolor'>

lol yeah.... i think he's talking about them game units though....

I also support the US and British troops

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ April 18 2003,20:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">eh, that's no way to talk about marines.<span id='postcolor'>

hey man, he was the guy shooting at his own soldiers... I'm just telling him that the guy has bullet-proof vests and the soldiers are not invincible (like he was saying) crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MP Studio @ April 18 2003,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The units look good but the weapons   sad.gif

The M4 model was made in 5 minutes, the m16 too and the M249 and M240 dont look good too...<span id='postcolor'>

any suggestions on improvements? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MP Studio @ April 18 2003,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The units look good but the weapons   sad.gif

The M4 model was made in 5 minutes, the m16 too and the M249 and M240 dont look good too...<span id='postcolor'>

Also, this demo was intended to show off our units not our weapons... tounge.gif

uhhh about nine shots to the chest / back do the job by the way.... not 21

Also, you must be shooting the hands instead of the chest.... we will improve the damage to the hands and legs later on

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jimboh @ April 18 2003,19:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">er...you could shoot em in the head...and its a one shot kill... confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, it's a two shot kill..

I haven't been able to kill them with a one shot kill while using any of the BIS weapons.

I shot one guy in the chest with an M2 .50 caliber and he just kept coming. Also, the mopp suit wouldn't absorb the blood after getting hit by a 40mm grenade. Anyway, the Interceptor is good body armor but I doubt anyone would still be standing and capable of fighting after getting shot 8 or 9 times.

These units are clearly incomplete.

Well enough of that who know better with the armor thing i think you guys have it both good so lets quit that but now on the real deal........>the Addon< can some one post some pictures about it? and are there many bugs in it??? i just wanna see what you guys think about it before dowloading it by my self you see.......... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Actually, it's a two shot kill..

I haven't been able to kill them with a one shot kill while using any of the BIS weapons. <span id='postcolor'>

we're making our own enemy weapons...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I shot one guy in the chest with an M2 .50 caliber and he just kept coming. <span id='postcolor'>

Now that's a problem.... We'll try to fix that...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, the mopp suit wouldn't absorb the blood after getting hit by a 40mm grenade.<span id='postcolor'>

The game has it's limitations... the body should also be blown apart too lol  biggrin.gif... Also, games are games... Games will never achieve the realism most people strive for (at least at this time).... Bullets are way too complecated for games to make realistic....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway, the Interceptor is good body armor but I doubt anyone would still be standing and capable of fighting after getting shot 8 or 9 times<span id='postcolor'>

We can't make the guy dead in ofp because then that'll contratict to the death counts the US has.... and ofp can't make the guy so seriously wounded that he can't fight, so we'll might as well let the guy take a few more rounds....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">These units are clearly incomplete.<span id='postcolor'>

That's why it's called a "Mini-demo"... Also, keep in mind that we're using our free time to do this, so Pleeeaaaassseeee don't diss us... it makes me sad lol

Despite beeing bit bulky, those units fit in quite well.

I like the helmets, pretty well done "fritz".

Good job.

Well BAS vest codding keeps balance, i guess youl should also try going this way.

And the weapons, ehm, as you said it's just a 5-min work, so untill yer next release i'll stick to "removeallweapons this; this addweapon...".

It's pretty balanced already... wait till you play a mission with the eny weapons and units, then you'll see that it'll be pretty balanced....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dave8 @ April 17 2003,23:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's pretty balanced already... wait till you play a mission with the eny weapons and units, then you'll see that it'll be pretty balanced....<span id='postcolor'>

since it's a mini demo , why not balancing these units with BIS ones ?

You said that they say phrases! I shot and ordered these guys around but no phrases. crazy.gif