Sign in to follow this  
Andraz

M24 sniper weapon system

I've released my first add-on for Operation Flashpoint, the M24 7.62mm NATO SWS bolt-action sniper rifle with Leupold Mark 4 M3-10x40 optical sight (features a realistic "round dot" Leupold Mil Dot reticle, 3.7m FOV at 100m).

You can download it at OFP.info.

m24-02s.jpg

Andraz Beravs

Crap, bloody OFP.info wont let me download, again. Could it be because of DAP. Also it seems that you have put alot of effort in to you scope, i hope all future sniper rifle addons featuring a mil dot will use yours or one that works exactly like yours. Thats if you dont mind. I think the worst thing about making sniper addons is the scope as it is really important to get it right. Anyway good work!

Click in the url under my name, it will take you to my web site. Look in the news section and you'll find a link hosted by me smile.gif

I find it almost impossible to hit a target 1280 meters away.

I'm also finding the bullet impact point veering left of center.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Loc-Dog @ April 15 2003,13:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Click in the url under my name, it will take you to my web site. Look in the news section and you'll find a link hosted by me  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Doesn't work as its a link to the same file.

If u use DAP then retry it several times I have that problem alot lately with ofp.info

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cheeky monkey @ April 15 2003,14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Doesn't work as its a link to the same file.<span id='postcolor'>

Do you mean from my web site? So when you click on the link "M24SWS (655kb)" on my web site, it downloads from ofp.gamezone.cz?, I find it hard to belive as in my browser and I posted this link from my own server *link removed by me cause I do not want to direct link files from my server on forums*

So you're saying that you clicked on the M24SWS (655kb) link from www.loc-dog.com and it downloaded from ofp.info? That is impossible.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 15 2003,14:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I find it almost impossible to hit a target 1280 meters away.

<span id='postcolor'>

You're joking, right? crazy.gif The M24 SWS effective range is 800m, you can check the Remington Law Enforcement website.

The elevation holdoff table for distances from 100m to 800m is in m24.txt.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 15 2003,14:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm also finding the bullet impact point veering left of center.<span id='postcolor'>

Point of impact is dead on, I can assure you that. You probably canted the rifle by laying on non-flat surface (slope). It doesen't happen while in standing or kneeling position. It is a known bug in OFP, you can check the posts in "Prone aiming bug" topic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Andraz @ April 15 2003,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 15 2003,14:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I find it almost impossible to hit a target 1280 meters away.

<span id='postcolor'>

You're joking, right? crazy.gif The M24 SWS effective range is 800m, you can check the Remington Law Enforcement website.

The elevation holdoff table for distances from 100m to 800m is in m24.txt.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 15 2003,14:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm also finding the bullet impact point veering left of center.<span id='postcolor'>

Point of impact is dead on, I can assure you that. You probably canted the rifle by laying on non-flat surface (slope). It doesen't happen while in standing or kneeling position. It is a known bug in OFP, you can check the posts in "Prone aiming bug" topic.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep. Sorry. Works like a charm. smile.gif Well, a bad luck charm for that fella down the other end of the runway.

I'm really sorry for arguing about some stupid thing on this tread. About the weapon, It rocks! The model is lovely and its just perfect, this goes right into loc-dog's sniper rifle top 5 list smile.gif

all right....please tell me how to tell how tall some one is without using the command screen. biggrin.gif

So, what's next?(hint: new M82 or M16) This is my new favorite addon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Loc-Dog @ April 15 2003,16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">About the weapon, It rocks! The model is lovely and its just perfect, this goes right into loc-dog's sniper rifle top 5 list smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yes, because you bet your life on it wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chaztheducky @ April 15 2003,22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">all right....please tell me how to tell how tall some one is without using the command screen.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'll give you some estimation guidelines.

When engaging targets that are fully visible:

Average height of a man is 5'9".

69 inches x .0254 x 1000 = Range to target in meters

Size of target in mils

When engaging targets that are only partly visible:

The normal distance from the breastbone to the top of the head is 19 inches.

19 inches x 0.254 x 1000 = Range to target in meters

Size of target in mils

Normal height of human head is 10 inches.

10 inches x .0254 x 1000 = Range to target in meters

Size of target in mils

This two examples may prove to be of specific use when facing an enemy entranched in bunkers, in vehicles or in dense vegetation.

Sniper should know the measurements of:

(1) Vehicles

- height of road wheels

- vehicle dimensions

- length of main gun tubes on tanks

- lengths / sizes of different weapon systems

(2) Average height of human targets

(3) Urban enviroment

- average size of doorways

- average size of windows

- average width of streets and lanes

Because some objects and vehicles in Operation Flashpoint are out of scale (BMP for example) I suggest you to measure them in Oxygen Light (use the data3d.pbo from the first demo).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jackal326 @ April 16 2003,02:436)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll be downloading to check out the competition for my M24 Rifle, included with my SRT2 Pack<span id='postcolor'>

I hope you don't mind for pointing it out, but your M24 (less the bipod) 3d model with textures is a Counter-Strike replacement for Steyr Scout, made by Endorphin, Sixshooter and Dirty. It has quite a few inaccuracies, like detachable magazine (the real M24 has internal magazine), fictional scope rings and scope, wrong trigger guard (Remington Model 700), wrong bolt body, too long bolt handle… confused.gif

Great addon smile.gif. Small size, user friendly and high quality makes this one to stay in my addons folder. Though there's only one thing I don't like, you can hear the bolt action sound from miles away. I suggest you use reloadSound command:

reloadSound[]={"\M24\boltsound.wav",0,1};

This makes the bolt action sound more realistic. Also don't forget to remove the bolt sound from the firing sound if you use this command.

*EDIT*

In case you don't what to do next, I suggest you make a Russian bolt action rifle like SV-98 http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn28-e.htm for balance smile.gif.

Erm is it just me or does the sound come from the game "america's army".... that sound really bugs me

You can hear it from ages away, its like BAS's stupid MH47

N.o.R.S.u: Thanks for the suggestion. I'm very unexperienced at editing config.cpp (this is my first addon), so I used Bohemia Interactive Studio HuntingRifle as reference. I noticed the problem of hearing the bolt action far away, but I thought if BIS HuntingRifle has this problem, well, I don't see why mine shouldn't have it too. biggrin.gif (what an excuse) tounge.gif

SV-98 seems to be a fine rifle but I don't plan any addons in the near future.

Apocalypse4 Yes, it's the sound from America's Army: Operations.

Well .. since i made the first M24 way back in the dark ages i HAD to check this one out..

and BOY am i glad i did. I've not had so much fun with a rifle in ages. Top notch job and it whops but like nothing else tounge.gif

Please make more guns smile.gif

/HuBBa

aka.

[FILO]HuBBa

now

[moose]HuBBa