Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

Vit's harrier

Yeh this seems to just be a normal plane (no VTOL), but still- its a good one biggrin.gif Is it me, or does it seem a little big? and the pilots not sitting in the middle of the cockpit, but its looking great so far biggrin.gif

Crippler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ April 11 2003,18:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I found out that it can fly through trees.<span id='postcolor'>

Even the A10 can do this sometimes... I have no clue why.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ April 12 2003,02:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ April 11 2003,18:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I found out that it can fly through trees.<span id='postcolor'>

Even the A10 can do this sometimes... I have no clue why.<span id='postcolor'>

The planes have chainsaws on their wings so they can cut of the treetops tounge.gif

It's not too oversized, you can fit about twenty people on a real harrier's wing. i would say the canopy needs to be smaller and the instrument panel higher. Also the pilot should be higher and more forwards with the big seat behind him.

the weapons are however the same as the A10, what's the point? Why not have rockets and stingers or maybe cluster bombs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ April 12 2003,16:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the weapons are however the same as the A10, what's the point? Why not have rockets and stingers or maybe cluster bombs.<span id='postcolor'>

There is one small difference between the mavericks on the A10 and the ones on this Harrier - the ones on the A10 aren't invisible. biggrin.gif

Some kind of stealth missile perhaps?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not too oversized<span id='postcolor'>

vit.jpg

flk.jpg

vey nice KEVBAZ ... when do we get to play with the "real" thing? smile.gif *drooling over the FITF Sea Harrier*

P.S. will their be a US Marine version? please say yes. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ April 12 2003,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not too oversized<span id='postcolor'>

vit.jpg

flk.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

harrier.jpg

MfG Lee

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ April 12 2003,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not too oversized<span id='postcolor'>

vit.jpg

LOL

this might sound pretty harsh, but Vit never was a friend of accurate or high quality addons. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ April 12 2003,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">vit.jpg

Doesn't anyone notice that the wing wheels are different on these two addons?

[EDIT] Maybe they are different models, if so, I don't have a clue about aircrafts  crazy.gif

they are different versions of the harrier, vit is making the more modern US one, ours is based on the british made one in service back in the early 80's but the main frame of the plane is the basically same, slightly different shape, but roughly the same size

annother thing ive noticed with vits model is the undercarrage on the wings got forwards

All i'm gonna say is nice try and good luck with the aircraft!

Loc-Dog out

I find this Harrier hard to fly, well it is when you use the mouse to control it :/

Doesn't really matter. the fuselage base is just about the same size. Probably the most visible difference is the wingspan and the number of hardpoints per wing. Other differences include a bigger frameless canopy, LERXes, refueling boom, rounder nose, larger air intake(thus wider body) and engine nozzles. Some might say might say the wing gears are closer to the fuselage, but i think that is just a impression given by the larger wing.