Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas kiowawarriors released!

Well, here it is, proably a little un-expected, but we like to keep you guys on your toes wink.gif

oh58dhellfire.jpg

oh5850cal.jpg

th57.jpg

Head on over to the BAS Site and grab them biggrin.gif

@mods... images are a little over 100kb (like 13-15 kb) up to you if you want to keep them up, or take them down...

edit:ralphwiggum

@DeadMeatXM2: a little? wink.gif would appreciate if you take acre of picture size before posting it.(some links were lost)

[Edit] (DeadMeat)

It IS a little when you've been transferring 100's of megabytes... specially on a 56k...

I'll go take care tounge.gif of the compression ratio of those pics so they are under 100kb, and post em back up.

[Edit#2] they are under 100kb this time wink.gif

Wow, I had just posted and was waiting for the topic list to refresh when I noticed this new one had suddenly been added. Sweet! Downloading now... biggrin.gif

Sometimes waking up in the middle of the night has its advantages! biggrin.gif

Thanks for your efforts guys.

wow.gif You guys are absolute champs!

This was something I've been wanting to see since the original BIS Kiowa, but I didn't think anyone was within months of releasing them! I 'll download 'em straight away and post some feedback - I just had to congratulate you guys ... huzzah for BAS! smile.gif

Nice addon wink.gif

Damn nice suprise.

But I was really waiting for the MH-60L and the Seals crazy.gif

I the MH-60L and Seals will be released this month too wink.gif

I really like the smoke rockets and illumination rockets smile.gif.  One other thing, the hellfire is underpowered.  It should take out a T-72 w/ one hit, no question.  Why does it seem like the big addon makers make these huge amazing, terrific, addons, but don't make the hellfires realistic. confused.gif   Still a very good addon though.

urghhh... X-cuse my ignorance... but no offence these R nice choppers in all.. but for pete's sake release the darn Mh-60's thats what everyone is waiting for... thank you.. once that is released i think uve relived all the Black Hawk Down freaks (like my self) of their stress everytime they see the movie and want to play with the units in flashpoint... MH-60's please!!! thank you..

*wishes for tommorow!!!!* or next week!!

I was a bit dissapointed that the engine sounds were still the crappy BIS ones. One other thing TooTall noticed is that there are textures missing in the TH-58 backseats. Otherwise great recon helos! I still think BAS rules in the area of Chopper addons (besides DKM wink.gif)

Re: Hellfires.

We had a MAJOR discussion over the damage levels. In the end the view was to make them consistent with existing BIS damage levels.

Basically, the Kiowas are usually teamed with Apaches, acting as spotters, targetting etc. If we had made the Kiowa Hellfire more powerful it would have unbalanced the relationship with the in-game Apache Hellfire.

We at BAS want to make addons that work well with existing units in OFP and that means making compromises in certain areas, especially damage levels. We could have recalculated all the damage and armor levels of units and weapons in the game and recoded the whole lot, but that would involve making a total conversion which is outside the scope of what BAS is doing. Currently, the only "standard" are the BIS values, so that is what we code for.

SelectThis

why do the kiowa's have their own Directory in the editor? its in BAS - vehicles?? shoudlnt this be in the one with all the other choppers... Y isnt it using 106th SOAR Guys??? hmm i smell a patch..

or maybe a 160th SOAR update.. along with the littlebirds..

took me a few moments to find em but then upon finding them i se the reason; they arent a "special operations" unit as such are they? they are as stated in a previous post, spotters and recon, just a normal army unit.

nice work though, stingers are cool, finally a damn hind can go down without firing 3-4 stingers (as with the MANPAD version) biggrin.gif

HOLY SHIT! The sounds are GREAT!

Edit: Why do I have the option to 'ride in back'?

bas_kiowa.jpg

^ not over 100kb wink.gif ^

Your OH-58D (Stinger) version has missing textures on each set of stingers.(crash model).

...Why what a pleasent surprise...... smile.gif

HOLY SHIT THESE ARE AMAZING! crazy.gif

-iCe-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Landwarrior87 @ April 05 2003,05:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">urghhh... X-cuse my ignorance... but no offence these R nice choppers in all.. but for pete's sake release the darn Mh-60's thats what everyone is waiting for... thank you.. once that is released i think uve relived all the Black Hawk Down freaks (like my self) of their stress everytime they see the movie and want to play with the units in flashpoint... MH-60's please!!! thank you..

*wishes for tommorow!!!!* or next week!!<span id='postcolor'>

the MH60s are just not done yet to be released, we cant work on everything at the same time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Landwarrior87 @ April 05 2003,13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why do the kiowa's have their own Directory in the editor? its in BAS - vehicles?? shoudlnt this be in the one with all the other choppers... Y isnt it using 106th SOAR Guys??? hmm i smell a patch..

or maybe a 160th SOAR update.. along with the littlebirds..<span id='postcolor'>

I'm guessing it's not with the other choppers because it's not used by special forces, just regular Army - the 160th to my knowledge doesn't fly Kiowas...

It took me a little while to find too, but it's better to seperate them in the long run.

As for the MH-60, just be patient - give them an extra bit of time to make it spot on, and we shall all be happy with the final product smile.gif

Feedback on Kiowas:

I love the smoke/illumination FFARs and the rotor downwash effects, I hope you implement this on all future versions of your helos smile.gif The stock-standard unarmed TH-57 is terrific - all we need to do now is give it some extra windows and a new paint job, and we have a ripper civilian chopper smile.gif

Well done again BAS

I have a popup message "Sound empty not found" when I play the spmission just before the completion of the first objectiv. Anyway when i click "ok" I can continue the mission. So no big deal... BTW an other great addons. BRAVO wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ April 05 2003,02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here's 3 Kiowa Warrior pics:

baskiowa_1.jpg

baskiowa_2.jpg

baskiowa_3.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Ooooh, those are beautiful! smile.gif

Answers:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One other thing TooTall noticed is that there are textures missing in the TH-58 backseats.<span id='postcolor'>

First off its TH-57  tounge.gif  ok, must have slipped through the net... not enough to demand a patch yet... if summat major crops up then we'll do it.

*scribbles down a note about textures*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why do the kiowa's have their own Directory in the editor? its in BAS - vehicles?? shoudlnt this be in the one with all the other choppers... Y isnt it using 106th SOAR Guys??? hmm i smell a patch..

or maybe a 160th SOAR update.. along with the littlebirds..<span id='postcolor'>

160TH SOAR does not use this helo, hence the lack of SOAR Pilots...

In the updates (LittleBirds and MH-47E) and all the new releases they will be under

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">BAS - Vehicles<span id='postcolor'>

or

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">BAS - Men<span id='postcolor'>

that way we don't clog the editor list with loads of BAS - ******* entries

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You don't necesarilly wuv me<span id='postcolor'>

Yes we do Blackdog  biggrin.gif  who else hosts great mp games for our stuff so quickly  wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why do I have the option to 'ride in back'?<span id='postcolor'>

Not sure... hasn't showed up for any of us during testing... which version was it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your OH-58D (Stinger) version has missing textures on each set of stingers.(crash model).<span id='postcolor'>

Probably the Stingers themselves, as their texture is very similar to the default O2 model grey...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope you implement this on all future versions of your helos <span id='postcolor'>

That was the plan  biggrin.gif  wink.gif

Nice helo , but it dissepointed me a little  confused.gif  the first i thought : "That's not a work of BAS !!" but after seeing this thread it is really BAS  wink.gif But i figured it's just the low quality picture i saw  biggrin.gif  .

Next time let Blackdog or Nagual edit it smile.gif

But one simple noobie question confused.gif (OMG 2stoned2kill's asking a noobie question biggrin.gif )

I have that BAS rotorwash.sqs .

But what do i have to type in the initialization ??