Sign in to follow this  
MLF

If ofp is supposed to be realistic why...

Are the armoured units out of scale, was this done for gameplay reasons or sloppy Design?

Some vehichles, like the BMP, have been made bigger than real life. I believe this was a simple mistake. One of the BIS team members said it had to do with converting measurements into the game if my memory serves me right.

*Edit*-Spelling

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Mar. 30 2003,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some vehichles, like the BMP, have been made bigger than real life. I believe this was a simple mistake. One of the BIS team members said it had to do with converting measurements into the game if my memory serves me right.

*Edit*-Spelling<span id='postcolor'>

Then why didn't they release a fix in a patch that corrected the size measurements, or had a fixed replacement BMP?

Didn't they realize that their BMP was wrong when they looked at in the game?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Mar. 31 2003,15:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Mar. 30 2003,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some vehichles, like the BMP, have been made bigger than real life. I believe this was a simple mistake. One of the BIS team members said it had to do with converting measurements into the game if my memory serves me right.

*Edit*-Spelling<span id='postcolor'>

Then why didn't they release a fix in a patch that corrected the size measurements, or had a fixed replacement BMP?

Didn't they realize that their BMP was wrong when they looked at in the game?<span id='postcolor'>

They do know that it is out of porpotion but I suppose they have better things to do than go around resizing vehichles.

Here is the thread about the BMP

To show just how out of porportion the BMP is, check page 2 with the photo comparing the real BMP to the OFP BMP.

Having seen the two pictures theres no question the scale is wrong. I can't say that it has spoiled the game for me though and I wonder if it might not cause problems fitting men inside it if they did reduce it further.

All in all, if BIS have time to make more changes, there are other things I'd like too see before they remodel their BMPs.

I don't think this really needs a thread all on its own.