Sign in to follow this  

Trigger still triggering

i have 4 scuds...and if you trigger them 2 mins later they launch and you lose the game, but if you kill them and go into the trigger zone they still activate scud launch ...How do i stop this?

Could you explain your situation a little bit more? I think I understand but I can't really help. Exactly whats going, then I could be precise in helping you.

You may just have to use some conditions in the triggers, be more specific and we can help you.

ok ..thanks, i have 4 scud launchers and this is

what i have in my condition in all my scud triggers i have this...

"damage (scud1) >= 1" ..without the quotes.(scud1,2,3,4..etc)

then in activation i have...

"scudestroyed = true"

then i have a trigger with "scudestroyed" in the condition

and

scud1 action ["SCUD Start"] in the activation

then in the players init i have this "scudestroyed = false"

Oh what a tangled web.......................

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">then i have a trigger with "scudestroyed" in the condition

and

scud1 action ["SCUD Start"] in the activation<span id='postcolor'>

Why would you have a scud starting in the activation field if the scud is destroyed ( as recognized in the condition field)?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">then in the players init i have this "scudestroyed = false"<span id='postcolor'>

Why did you put that in the init line?

because im not a scripter and thats why im asking for help

..... smile.gif  wink.gif

Before this game came out i was quite happy polishing my trumpet..... tounge.gif

To start, I can't remember the Scud anims, so you'll have to look them up elsewhere.

As for the timings, you need a trigger that sets a timer off. Say a "present"- "west" trigger for when your guy gets close enough to set the ball rolling. Make sure you've clicked the [advanced] button in the top right-hand of the editor screen. In the trigger's "coundown" fields for MIN, MAX and MID put 120 (seconds= 2 mins). In the "On Activation" field put a variable name (say, "timer" to keep it simple smile.gif ).

Now you need 4 additional triggers with:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">(getdammage scudx >=1) AND timer<span id='postcolor'>

in the "Condition" field. Replace scudx with each scud's name in turn for each trigger. In the "OnActivation" field for each trigger, put the action/anim you want to play and setup any variables you need (like for "game ends" etc).

This way, you get a countdown that affects all of your missile sites, which then checks each individual site to make sure it's alive and able to fire.

If I'm not clear enough, let me know and I can go into further detail. smile.gif

Guest jacobaby

To fire the scuds after a set time, you can use the reserved variable "time" that starts from the start of the mission.

So in the condition field to fire them up after FOUR minutes

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

time == 320

<span id='postcolor'>

You can combine that with an extra condition that will stop the action if the scuds are dead. So it becomes;

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

time == 320 && (alive SCUD1)

<span id='postcolor'>

Now if you do a trigger like this for each scud, you can vary the start up times slightly, which will look more dramatic.

Hope that helps a little....

Guest jacobaby

Hmm, sorry, just re-read your original post.

Add to the condition field of the trigger which fires the scuds a line which cancels the trigger if the scuds are dead.

eg

Trigger is WEST PRESENT

And in the condition field;

this && (alive scud1) or this && (alive scud2) etc etc

<span id='postcolor'>

In the onactivation field you have a line which will not fire a scud from a dead machine (ididnt know they still could?)

? getdammage scud1 < 0.8:FIRE SCUD line etc

<span id='postcolor'>

Does that help more?

Thanks jacobaby that was just the ticket

i owe you a pint...... wink.gif

thanks guys..