Sign in to follow this  
DracoPaladore

African militia released

...................... posted........... news site............... must.......... control........ urge to throw bricks... at DracoPaladore

smile.gif they look very good. i will download them

Very good addon! Very useful.  smile.gif

The only bug I saw was a untextured LOD on the PK gunner I believe it was.

Well, this is great news.

There will obviously be a lot of Somalia based Rangers vs. Militia missions coming out.

But how about South African army for them to fight? Anyone else think this is a good idea?

I like the RPG soldier especially...it's different. I like his clothes it's...Different!

Ya, the #3 soldier has no bullets, what's up with that?

The other troops are just so simple and common. Other than that it's fine.

withstupid.gif

Just had to put that there!

OK, a couple things on the government troops:

A) LODS! Its ghost city once you have troops in the distance.

B) m16 sound has some kind of skip in the loop

C) Weapons in general: I think they need some new ones(maybe FN's or something better then current)

I think they have great potential though.  smile.gif

EDIT: Looking at the promo pic, they do have FN's!?

Is there something wrong at the OFP.info? I cant download African militia pack. Download only lasts about one second and the goddam zip is empy! mad.gif

I am fu**ing angry! So much waiting and when its finally here I cant download it. sad.gif

The FN isn't mentioned in the readme, so you'll probably have to add iy yourself.

Didn't find any South Americans or European terrorists either.

When are these due for release?

These units rule! They are amazing altough there are some bugs like those wierd triangles coming from soldiers forehead when they exit vehicles.

I would definetly download those South American troops if they are nearly as good as these. biggrin.gif

I went and added FN's to government troops and IMO they are much better with 'em. The M16's are just crazy.gif

I still say that the militia guys need a pink toyota with a machine gun though to cruise around in! biggrin.gif

Imagine these guys in rusty toyota pickup which has russian DShK mg in the back. Pickup is full of bullet holes and it has extra armor strapped on the sides.

Sun shines as they drive into combat shouting war cries and praying that their old pickup will stay in one piece just this one more time. tounge.gif

What?! No "Kalashikov of free world"?

IMHO a FN-FAL in any African pack is a must!!

Hope we'll see some high-dispersal FALs (and maybe G3s) in ver. 1.1

When the RPG soldier walks backwards with the RPG it looks like he's trying to break dance. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You could always use the ingame (1.75) FN FAL.<span id='postcolor'>

aye, well if someone can post the .cpp bit for the FAL i can include it in the next one....

the triangle thing is a duplicated proxy. easy enough to fix smile.gif

They look totally white until I get close to them, it sure makes them easy to pick off though.

i found t-shirts, shoes, caps not good enough, they need a few more detail, so they'll look more realistic

These units are very good, but I too sometimes get a bug that they appear white at a longer distance.

Its a shame there are no 'techincals' currently out, to compliment this pack. At the moment I use the jeep with the MG, could anyone re texture this jeep from OFP until something more appropriate becomes available?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Mar. 27 2003,23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You could always use the ingame (1.75) FN FAL.<span id='postcolor'>

Resistance had an FN FAL? Odd it dosen't list them in the Men> Soldiers list when I'm working with the editor nor have I seen them in-game....