Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Operation flashpoint 2

Guest ####

Definately a plot created by the Pentaverate.

looks interesting anyways.

Interesting. I saw this at OFPEC.

Guest ####

Here is my guess what it's all about.

The Tv set is an old B+W one so our story takes place in the past say the 1950's or 60's. So what major event in Czechoslovakia took place?, you guessed it a Soviet invasion. I think it will be a resistance type campaign set in the 60's in an eastern european country (island).

While it's funky and all that there's a domain it still doesn't change the fact that mere speculation is really pointless until those splendid chaps (and chaplets) give us some cold hard facts smile.gif

I dont know any reason why we should close this thread.

smile.gif nice, opened. So this will be the OFP2 site, can't wait for something to come up on it. smile.gif

COOOOOOOOL.

We will have OFP2.

Where is the button for pre-order? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (uiox @ Mar. 23 2003,14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">COOOOOOOOL.

We will have OFP2.

Where is the button for pre-order?  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

doh offcourse we will confused.gif

I have a nice idea of an EAST vs. WEST conflict in the mid-eighties around a fictional island group. I guess that would be a great idea for a mod based on OFP2. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (master @ Mar. 23 2003,13:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont know any reason why we should close this thread.<span id='postcolor'>

You the Masta! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where is the button for pre-order? <span id='postcolor'>

Yes, good question, thats the first thing that needs to be added to this site smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (master @ Mar. 23 2003,13:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont know any reason why we should close this thread.<span id='postcolor'>

Placebo hot owned wink.gif

btw its interesting about the comparison from the Res book and this TV screen.

Well, I just hope, that BIS doesn't make the same mistakes as with OFP 1!

But I won't buy OFP 2, until BIS releases together with the game:

- a modelling tool (like our O2, but with extrude!wink.gif

- an island tool (like Visitor)

I don't think that I or others will wait another time for 1-2 years for first high quality addons and islands. Well, at least there will be games, that already announced releasing documentation on file formats or tools, or parts of those tools are prebuilt in the game itself. And OFP 2 has to compete with those games!

I don't want to sound too negative, but OFP was and is a great and unique game, and BIS supported it as long as possible, and I am grateful for that. For me it seems, that the first MODs (if they get finished) get finished 2 years after initial game release. That is too long.

So please BIS, don't make the mistakes of OFP 1, just support us from the beginning with the right tools! And please deliver us a SDK, so we can extend the possibilities of your future engine ourselves.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigpoppa @ Mar. 23 2003,19:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So please BIS, don't make the mistakes of OFP 1, just support us from the beginning with the right tools! And please deliver us a SDK, so we can extend the possibilities of your future engine ourselves.<span id='postcolor'>

So you would rather Opf2 get delayed 6-12 months so that mod tools can be included rather than getting Opf2 first and then waiting a while for the mod tools? Personally I know what I prefer and it's not the first option smile.gif

i would rather have the mod tools delivered when promised wether that be after or included with the release.

Doesn't matter, I would buy it anyway of course. But yeah, would be nice if it didn't take too long.

60's? What do you people hope that the setting will be?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Mar. 23 2003,22:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">60's? What do you people hope that the setting will be?<span id='postcolor'>

duh....

marijuana, hippies, flowers, and free sex. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 23 2003,22:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">duh....

marijuana, hippies, flowers, and free sex. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, imagine the "mods".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The guys at LLWR Mod (Love Letters With Roses) have released their brand new Bean Plant! Great job!<span id='postcolor'>

No but seriously... I guess Vietnam can be nice. If not today. Doesn't anyone want it to be set today? Perhaps with a made-up conflict...