Sign in to follow this  
Oversoul

Stacking objects

I was working on a mission and I tried to put a Machine Gun Box (WEST - AMMO - AMMO WEST MachineGun Box) on top of a pallet (pallet A).

I tried putting ' this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, (getPos this select 2) + 1.0] ' and ' this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, (getPos this select 2) + 1.0]; this setunitpos "UP" ' in the box's init field, but it just falls through the pallet no matter what I do.

This is no major thing -- I just thought it would be cool to have a box o' M-60 on a crate under a camo net in my crude helo base. If anyone can figure out how to make the pallet clip or whatever, I'd be interested to hear about it. I'm probably overlooking some small thing.

Thanks

Use this exact line. I guarantee it works. I noticed some of your paranthesis are missing. Change the 2 at the end to whatever is needed. Probably 0.4 or so.

this setpos [(getpos this select 0), (getpos this select 1), (getpos this select 2)+2]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Thundercok on 2:32 pm on Nov. 10, 2001

Use this exact line. I guarantee it works. I noticed some of your paranthesis are missing. Change the 2 at the end to whatever is needed. Probably 0.4 or so.

this setpos [(getpos this select 0), (getpos this select 1), (getpos this select 2)+2]<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I tried that. The M-60 box just falls right through the crate again. I tried it with and without parentheses (except for the last parameter, which HAS to have them). It also tried different heights (0.5m, 1m, 2m). Oh well.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from bigd0311 on 3:00 am on Nov. 11, 2001

I had the same problem after upgrading to 1.29. Bug?<span id='postcolor'>

I had the same problem to. Somebody have info about this issue ??

Bye

It works for me in 1.29.  Try this file.  It is the 2 types of ammo crates, on top of pallets.  Desert map.

AMMO FLOAT.zip

(Edited by Thundercok at 9:44 pm on Nov. 11, 2001)

seeee!!!!! it shouldn't be to hard. wen u use the command line it makes any obj just float in mid air.