Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Dogs of War

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 16 2003,01:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Didn't you say you were going to stop talking to me?  Please do.<span id='postcolor'>

We've both said that to each other plenty of times, apparently it isn't happening, get over it. As long as you spout your BS I'll counter it when I wish to do so.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tovarish, I;m sure all of the Cuban dissidents rotting away in Castro's jails appreciate your opinion. I'm sure the Cubans risking their lives to get to the US are in full agreement with you too.

<span id='postcolor'>

Dissidents who rotted in Batista's jails might have. Those who didn't get shot arbitrarily by police instead of being jailed that is - which to the credit of the communists in Cuba, dosen't happen these days. By the way, talk about fucking selective reading, did you happen to miss this in my post?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I strongly oppose Castro's government in Cuba<span id='postcolor'>

I was born and raised in Cuba pal, I have more family there than I can count. I know their suffering well, I have visited since and it completely depressed me to see how life is, but under Batista it was as bad and worse. Many of those Cubans fleeing to the US simply can't afford to have a poltitical ideal to follow because of the way it is, they flee because they know that if they make it to the States, they will have democracy. However, even if the US has it's way in Cuba there is no guarantee of that, they were the ones who kept Batista in power. And yes there are those who buy the US propaganda hook line and sinker, just as there are those who buy Castro's propaganda. Some of them have carried out terrorist attacks against the Castro regime in a "war of liberation". I have as much respect for those as I have for the hardline communists.

The world is not black and white pal, sometimes there are no good guys in a conflict, just a couple of assholes duking it out and the civilians stuck in the middle suffer. Don't try to lecture me about dissidents of the Castro regime, I happen to be one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 15 2003,21:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The world is not black and white pal, sometimes there are no good guys in a conflict, just a couple of assholes duking it out and the civilians stuck in the middle suffer. Don't try to lecture me about dissidents of the Castro regime, I happen to be one.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, exactly, and also sometimes the civilians can be assholes too. smile.gif It's great...

Tovarish, would you recommend a holiday in Cuba though? I've heard nice things about the place, and the fact that they do anything for Americaaannn Dollaaaars.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 16 2003,03<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tovarish, would you recommend a holiday in Cuba though? I've heard nice things about the place, and the fact that they do anything for Americaaannn Dollaaaars.<span id='postcolor'>

Varadero is supposedly one of the best beaches in the world, but when I was only a Cuban citizen it was off limits to me (foreign tourists only). Now with dual Cuban-Canadian citizenship i could go back and go there, but i'd rather stay with my family if I do go back  again during the Castro years at all. I did stay at the Mar Azul resort as a kid for a while, it was great.

I can't say much about visiting outside the resorts. the Cuban people are great, but crime has gone up a lot since '92 when I left, and there is a lot of prostitution,ect. If you don't want to stay at a resort, I could probably even refer you to an aunt or uncle of mine - they've hosted tourists in their homes before for a pretty low price, but of course you'd want to be able to speak some Spanish in that case. Otherwise, I'd say look into Varadero or Mar Azul.

*edit* Sorry Ralph, started posting before you did

*edit again* and a date typo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 16 2003,03:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">US cuts off Syria's oil pipeline from Iraq.

Maybe that will make them think twice before they aid our enemys.<span id='postcolor'>

You do realise that all the other coalition nations have told the US where it can stick its WMD claims concerning Syria.

God knows why Rumsfeld is rattling the sabre when their 51st state is now surrounded by angry arabs. Perhaps he is trying to see how far his luck will hold.

One additional thing, if the US have evidence of WMD's in Iraq, and know wheer they are (Obvioulsy telling the UN would compromise their sources.... tounge.gif ), why the hell hasn't anything been found yet. They should have been looking since day one, as thats the only thing that can justify this war.

Theory time now!

If WMD's were not found, (Hidden, never there, destroyed etc), do you think the CIA wouldn't be above planting some? I ask this in all seriousness to FSPilot (And this is assuming there are not, so its hypothetical), and when you answer, consider all of the insane stunts the CIA has pulled in its time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 16 2003,09:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You do realise that all the other coalition nations have told the US where it can stick its WMD claims concerning Syria.<span id='postcolor'>

I never said anything about our allies, or WMDs. Just that we cut off their oil because they're harboring Iraqis. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">God knows why Rumsfeld is rattling the sabre when their 51st state is now surrounded by angry arabs. Perhaps he is trying to see how far his luck will hold.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh right, now I remember, life is a popularity contest. We shouldn't do anything that might make other people upset, whether it's right or wrong.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One additional thing, if the US have evidence of WMD's in Iraq, and know wheer they are (Obvioulsy telling the UN would compromise their sources.... tounge.gif ), why the hell hasn't anything been found yet. They should have been looking since day one, as thats the only thing that can justify this war.<span id='postcolor'>

It's been what, 3-4 weeks? The inspectors had 12 years and you said they needed more time. You give us three weeks and get impatient? Double standards, eh?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If WMD's were not found, (Hidden, never there, destroyed etc), do you think the CIA wouldn't be above planting some? I ask this in all seriousness to FSPilot (And this is assuming there are not, so its hypothetical), and when you answer, consider all of the insane stunts the CIA has pulled in its time.<span id='postcolor'>

Not with all this media coverage, I doubt it.

Top Ten reasons why we should not invade Syria:

10. No oil. Why invade a country with no natural resources that we can exploit as part of our new colonialism kick?

9. We'd be biting off more than we can chew. I mean, we're already engaged militarily in two Muslim countries- why go for a third?

8. Their dictator just isn't evil enough. He hasn't got chia-hair like Kim Jong-Il, or a badass Saddam or Adolf moustache. There's a reason we didn't let them into the axis of evil.

7. Nobody in America knows where it is. Some of us can't even find Iraq, and we've been engaged there in to one degree or another for 12 years. The only way we might be able to get around this one is the fact that we've already got some forces right next door.

6. By doing so we'd wipe out Russia's last major arms client in the Middle-East. And let's face it, they need the money more than they need surplus tanks.

5. The Muslim/Arab backlash. How many of their countries do we honestly think we can invade before people become convinced that we have it in for Islam?

4. Our military would have a hard time handling it. I mean, what with being in Afghanistan and Iraq already, we'd be spreading ourselves pretty thin. To do it right we'd need to pass a bill increasing military spending by several billion dol- ah-ha! Crafty republicans, now I see what they're up to...

3. Dubya would strain his relationship with Tony Blair. I mean, just when we thought it was true love, George goes and stabs Tony in the back like this. If it wasn't for Tony's habit of staying in abusive relationships, I'd think he might actually leave George for someone new.

2. Did I mention there's not any oil?

1. It would mean having to listen to self-righteous pinko-commie Europeans whine about how evil America is for pursuing a war of aggression- and be forced to acknowledge that they have a really good point! Please, Dubya, please don't force me to tell those Euros that they're right. They'd never let me hear the end of it...

stfu n00b!!!  And don't post a list of reasons why we shouln't go to war with Syria.

wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 16 2003,07wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">stfu n00b!!!  And don't post a list of reasons why we shouln't go to war with Syria.<span id='postcolor'>

*NEVERMIND*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ April 16 2003,07:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 16 2003,07wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">stfu n00b!!!  And don't post a list of reasons why we shouln't go to war with Syria.<span id='postcolor'>

*insert flaming here*

Way to make your country look like its full of asses.<span id='postcolor'>

No, I was just getting back at Tex because that's the same thing he said to me after I posted in the "Offtopic" thread about offtopic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 16 2003,07:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">stfu n00b!!!  And don't post a list of reasons why we shouln't go to war with Syria.<span id='postcolor'>

hehe, someone a little sore? Sorry bro, but I mean, c'mon- that thread was over a year old! How many pages back did you have to go to find that one?

wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 16 2003,07wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">stfu n00b!!!  And don't post a list of reasons why we shouln't go to war with Syria.<span id='postcolor'>

1 week post restriction. I'm getting tired of you constantly violating forum rules, IceFire. Next time it will be a permanent ban.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 16 2003,09:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1 week post restriction. I'm getting tired of you constantly violating forum rules, IceFire. Next time it will be a permanent ban.<span id='postcolor'>

crazy.gif Why don't people pay attention to my sig's bottom line?! crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 16 2003,02:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FallenPalladin, sometimes I really think you are SAddam Hussein..or one of his body doubles biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sure. I`m the typical german guy with dark-blond hair. I have to be Saddam. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 16 2003,09:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sure. I`m the typical german guy with dark-blond hair. I have to be Saddam.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like one of my favorite Bond movies: Live and Let Dye.

Coming back to some other statements calling me Pro-Saddam and all the other weasel- and eurowimp stupidity: After 9/11 I was almost totally Pro-USA, even had arguments with Longinius and denoir! But then Pres. Bush started to mess up world politics and to commit crimes.

Look at my current point of view. If I could I`d put all the hawks and Pres. Bush into a Bus to a We-Own-The-World-Party and disable the brakes. I totally dislike the US government for it`s actions. If they continue to act [insert phrase worth to be censored here] I think my feelings will turn into hatred. Now imagine what the normal muslim in the middle east feels about the US government.

Right now the USA is the most dangerous country in the world. More dangerous than any terrorist groups together, because the USA is easily able to start WW3. Add a stupid President to this cocktail and a few ministers and advisors who see their country above anything else (hello, remember what thinking like that can lead to? ) and a world without the balls to enforce sanctions and penalties (ex?) against the USA I see a pretty chaotic and dark future in front of me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 16 2003,04:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">US cuts off Syria's oil pipeline from Iraq.

Maybe that will make them think twice before they aid our enemys.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, so much for "the Iraqi oil belongs to the Iraqi people". Pity you don't pay attention to history. You do remember what prompted the Japanese attack on Peral Harbor?

"US cuts off Syria's oil pipeline from Iraq.

Maybe that will make them think twice before they aid our enemys."

Just to bad it isnt your pipeline to cut off...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 16 2003,08:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ April 16 2003,09:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sure. I`m the typical german guy with dark-blond hair. I have to be Saddam. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like one of my favorite Bond movies: Live and Let Dye.<span id='postcolor'>

"James Blonde - The Hairdresser's Revenge" biggrin.gif

Its a shame that the EU ceremony and conference in Athens is being overshadowed by the EU's split over Iraq. Historic, what with ex-soviet bloc countries getting membership to the EU. Sweet! If they could have seen this 15 years ago...

Wonder if the french knew their missiles would get fired at US planes... Or if the US knew their missiles would get fired at US planes... or if the british knew their planes would get shot down by US missiles... or that US planes would fire missiles at US missiles... my head hurts...

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (killagee @ April 16 2003,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my head hurts...<span id='postcolor'>

Take two missiles and call me in the morning. crazy.gif

We're shutting down this thread. The war is more or less over and there is very little military stuff to be discussed. Having two threads for Iraq-related political discussions is a bit redundant.

Closing smile.gif