Sign in to follow this  
Skul

Activate a trigger only when...

Okay, simple question which I have searched the answer to, but I can't find it for some reason. I could have sworn I saw a post about this.

Here's what I am trying to do:

Make the 'End 1' (or w/e trigger I want) to activate only once I have activated another trigger (or two). And I don't mean synchronising, because I would just make a timed trigger in the same area that would be set to activate a few seconds after the other triggers. I have tried putting t1 in the Condition field, but no...

I have also put the following codes in the Condition field of the End trigger. (t1 is the name of the trigger which is supposed to cause Mr. End Trigger to wake up)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">t1=true<span id='postcolor'>

and

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">t1="true"<span id='postcolor'>

Anyone?

First trigger ( in on activation )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">t1=true<span id='postcolor'>

Second trigger ( in on condition )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">t1<span id='postcolor'>

Greets

Thanking thee, comrade!

I shall try this once I doth return home... And apologies for talking in medieval... just a bit of fun...er... confused.gif

Ok, I've got a similar problem.

I have two triggers setup, the first trigger activates when a certain person is killed. And in the Activation Area i put</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">t1=true<span id='postcolor'> like you suposed to.

The second trigger is a ways away and it's set to Act=West Cond=t1

What i want is after you kill the guy the mission keeps on going until you get back to your extraction zone

The trick is eveytime the guys dies the mission ends right away! Your the only west person in the area so someones not setting it off. Why did it go off? I thought about setting the time on the second trigger to only be activated after you've been there for a while...But that didn't help.

Any ideas?

This guy had the same problem as me but no one answered his question.

If you didn't understand what i was trying to tell yah here's that link.

Other Dude

Maybe if he still cares he can get some help tounge.gif

I'm not 100% I know what you mean, but here goes..... tounge.gif

dead-person trigger:

cond: !alive unitname

onactiv: t1=true

end-trigger:

west/player present + condition

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this && t1<span id='postcolor'>

For the most reliable result you should always init your statements at the beginning of the mission.

i.e. make a trigger with condition set to

true and the following in its onactiv-field:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">t1=false<span id='postcolor'>

This is rarely required for AND-statements but always required for OR. Not initialised statements are handled as NIL (nothing) untill initialised with true or false.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This guy had the same problem as me but no one answered his question.  

If you didn't understand what i was trying to tell yah here's that link.

Other Dude

Maybe if he still cares he can get some help  <span id='postcolor'>

That's the kind of problem I am having. I don't want a trigger to activate one that's miles away, I would just use a timed trigger for that.

My problem in Laymens terms:

I want a trigger ( named 'end' ) that will activate End 1 when I enter it ( 'end' ). With me?

Then, I want it to be triggerable ( confused.gif ) after I cross a certain trigger.

Not

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">end = true<span id='postcolor'> then end the mission before I even reach 'end'. That's not what I want.

Anybody?

Sorry, I double posted cuz I hit stop in my browser while it was sending. Admin delete this post.

Its also good to use the publicVariable command if you are making a multiplayer mission, sometimes the variable doesn't execute on all computers for some wierd reason!

t1=true; publicVariable "t1"

Like the command ref says: Broadcast variable value to all computers.

This assures that all computers gets the variable and its status! smile.gif

Oh ok, Shadow...

So because he's walking through the trigger at the beginning of the mission he sets it off initially and then all the trigger is waiting for is the condition to be made?

So if i was to put into anything's init field </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">t1=false<span id='postcolor'> then it shouldn't be active until after i kill the guy. right?