Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

We at RSS are starting to pick up pace right now and have a lot of things to show already, and instead of making a new thread for al of them I decided to have one where all the updates would be listed and discussed. So here you go:

T54/55 pack

t551.jpgt552.jpg

t553.jpgt554.jpg

t555.jpgt556.jpg

VDV pack

vdv1.jpgvdv2.jpg

vdv3.jpgvdv4.jpg

vdv5.jpg

Wow - those look very nice smile.gif

Nothing wrong with them in my view except the very bright backpack on the one soldier (but I'm sure you are going to fix that)...

looks great!!!

i mostly like that Iraq T55

Guest jacobaby

oh yeah, NICE tanks

Vix, hope ya dont mind, I grabbed you URL 'cuz the forum gremlins/nazis ate mine.

TJ

are those UCE's textures? if they are good to se someone using them on new models.

Red Star Studios is great! I can't wait for the T-55 pack. Will some of the tanks be Resistance and some East?

Also, I don't know how well this worked out in practice, as I haven't yet tried them out, but the Royal Netherlands Marine Corps mod put out troops that can change their headgear. Maybe that would be something useful for the VDV troops that have those leather/soft parachute helmets. When they land, maybe there can be a script where they remove those helmets and put on a beret (or steel helmet or Spetznaz-type bandana).

Edit: Will you also be making Soviet versions of the VDV? I see all the models so far have the Russian flag on their patches.

The T55 pack has as follows:

T54

T55A

T55AM2

Type 59 (Chinese, green, with track skirts)

T54 (desert)

T55 (desert)

T55 Enigma (Iraqi, with concrete addon armour)

T54 (winter)

T55 (winter)

T55AM2 (winter)

All are East, but those that are appropriate to it will also be available as Resistance. . . (Like in the T72/T90 pack. . . which is also going to get a major RSS update, (new markings, model improvements, etc. . .))

Also expect to see a complete retexture and update to the T80 pack. (eventually)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Mar. 05 2003,00:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow - those look very nice smile.gif

Nothing wrong with them in my view except the very bright backpack on the one soldier (but I'm sure you are going to fix that)...<span id='postcolor'>

Do u mean the parachute?

vdv3.jpg

Its got the right colour and brightness

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ Mar. 05 2003,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do u mean the parachute?

vdv3.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Once they're on the ground, shouldn't that be removed?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 05 2003,08:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ Mar. 05 2003,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do u mean the parachute?

vdv3.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Once they're on the ground, shouldn't that be removed?<span id='postcolor'>

It sure will be.

Another little update. ON the T55 we have removed the NSV's mounted on the commander hatch and replaced them with more time appropriate DShK's:

dshk.jpg

BTW, you can visit and bookmark the site: http://redstar.ofprc.net

We're also thinking about making a working variant of the DShk for the ground. And some parts of the model are out of proportion, so we're fixing that too, and corecting some other details on it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Mar. 05 2003,09:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We're also thinking about making a working variant of the DShk for the ground. And some parts of the model are out of proportion, so we're fixing that too, and corecting some other details on it.<span id='postcolor'>

Well then, why don't the two of you compare notes and produce one super terrific model, both freestanding and for the tank! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jacobaby @ Mar. 05 2003,03:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oh yeah, NICE tanks

Vix, hope ya dont mind, I grabbed you URL 'cuz the forum gremlins/nazis ate mine.

TJ<span id='postcolor'>

no problem m8

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">t555.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Is the extra armor gone be defined as a seperate hitpoint?

Very impressive screenshots - this pack is nicely going to compliment Sigma's tank packs smile.gif

Are you planning to do any fixed-wing aircraft? For example Su-7 Fitter would a be a good partner for the BIS-made frogfoot. More ground attack aircraft! smile.gif

yap, those screenshot look sweet smile.gif

are going to implement the "tankshock-dust-script" by fishion?

Great models! I'm realy impressed.

Who is doing T-54/55?

I gathered a lot of materials for polish T-55 (from 80's) for LWP mod. Maybe I could help somehow?

Korzon

As far as I know, we will be implementing scripts with these tanks, including the dust script, and we're discussing possible alternate muzzle flashes.

As for Vixer's question, Suma has made it clear that there is no way to implement additional hitpoints.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sigma-6 @ Mar. 05 2003,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As far as I know, we will be implementing scripts with these tanks, including the dust script, and we're discussing possible alternate muzzle flashes.

As for Vixer's question, Suma has made it clear that there is no way to implement additional hitpoints.<span id='postcolor'>

yes i know about the hitpoints, maybe you could define it as a existing hitpoint that you do not use on the T55 yet and make the armor of that hit-point higher?

aaaah, great news smile.gif

one thing about it: the original script was causing crashes on our linux server.

i´m not sure about it, but i think it was caused by some error with "/"s and "\"s

.... anyways, im sure you guys will handle that

You know, that's a good idea, Vixer. . .

Problem I see is that you'd need atleast 4 of them, because you'd want to have different hitpoints for the different applique or reactive armour locations, otherwise, when you hit the left track-side plate, you'd also destroy the right one, the glacis and the turret front. . .

Kudos for RSS for bringing great models to life.  However, I have to point out that the cammo colors on Russian paras are completely wrong.  They seem to come from UCE’s old Russian infantry addon!  Unfortunately, they don't match up to any of the schemes that were/are used by real RF infantry...

For most of the 90s Russian paratroopers had been using the VSR cammo pattern.  While actual color combinations might differ with various units, the actual scheme should look something like this:

VSRCammo

Also, since the late 90s Russian Army in general, and VDV in particular, have been switching to Flora pattern.  Again the actual color might vary, but on the overall it should look like this:

ParaFloraCammo

Could you guys please change the cammo to one of these two schemes for the final release?  Without those patterns, your otherwise excellent models are only remotely reminiscent of real VDV uniforms.

Peace out,

DreDay

plenty of photos of Chechen operations back DreDay up.

Besides, it simply looks cooler.

BTW, what is wrong with that mannequin's nose? He looks sort of like Jacko...