Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkStar

Floating vehicles

Hoiw can I change the waterspeed and the floating height of a vehicle? Hope it doesn't depend on mass...

change waterspeed - depbo, look into the config opened with notepad, edit, save and pbo it again. Max speed seems to be 105km/hr for all floatable vehicles.

Change waterheight - 1. edit the vertices weight to get the mass higher in geometry LOD.

2. Only M113 type vehicles seems to be configured to be pretty stable on water and moves with speed, while tank class seems to sink and will never be able to configure to speed. So u might wanna try using APC class vehicles for speed and stability.

3. By default perhaps due to the water wave animation, any object will kinda sink 1 meter into the ofp waters, so for any

vehicle objects created, u might wanna offset the 1m height by adjusting the floorboard of your craft upwards. ( would be 2m if u dont wanna see water splash on your floorboards.

PS. Car Class and air class cant float even with the - canFloat = 1; - command inthe config vehicles config text. APC floats by default, tanks kinda floats, other objects not configured as vehicles type will float with the canFloat command

I use "Jeep". Works fine. I'll try changing the mass center now. Doesn't this change the way it acts in slopes etc? It's perfect now. Don't want to change it... Thanks anyway!!

as far as I know, the useful points for the floating feature are the LandContact points sad_o.gif

That's not a problem with boats, but it can be one for the cars... as they're designed to roll, not to float :/