Sign in to follow this  
BIZARO

Sliding door anim

Hello i trie to make a tank which can shot missile, the misssle are stoked outside, so i have put some proxies to see how many missile have been shot, but my problem is the missile in the game don't follow the turret mouvement.

the shot sinmulation work good, but when i turn the gun the proxies stay at there first position. ( nevertheless they are in the otochlaven and otocvez )

can somebody help my? please

i tri too make a sliding door anim too, but i don't find how make it, i have tri to make it whith a door classic anim with a range of rotation very log and a little angle, but it's not pretty good...  confused.gif

I could be wrong but it seems most proxies loses most of it LODs when u attach it to something else in game except for OFP specifically created proxies - the mg with gunner, the reason why when you turn, your missiles does not. It also could be that the configuration of turret class only accepts terms such as usti and konec hlavne and not L and P strela memory points.

Rather than to give up while experiments are going on to find out, why not instead of showing the missiles, just put tubes in its place to simulate missiles comming out of tube, then give it the usti and konec hlavne memory points and use the mg config to shoot missiles instead. In short - use the mg memory points and instead of shooting bullets, shoot missiles.

( i know it sucks but as programming is BIS secret domain, what choice do we have but to seek alternatives to get things our way?)

Sliding door ?.....have not tried that one, usually i work with ramp and normal doors, but notice how landing gear retracts?...perhaps u can use the landing gear user animation in config with the axis changed?

Guest BratZ

I don't think the missile points will move with your turret.Maybe group the l raketa and p raketa with your turret.

A idea:

Model the missiles on your turret in the same spot as your firing points,make the model disappear after you shoot.

Sliding doors...we only have the animation "rotation" but if you move the axis far enough away,it looks like a sliding effect(just don't use the full rotation,just a small part)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A idea:

Model the missiles on your turret in the same spot as your firing points,make the model disappear after you shoot.<span id='postcolor'>

good idea,

how i make it disappear?

Guest BratZ

Either by making it  a hidden selection or just use an animation to make it go inside the tank (where you cant see it of course)

Setting the animation period to 0 will make it instant with no animation