Sign in to follow this  
dm

Deltas and rangers released!

well after a long wait, here it is!

you guys are in for a real treat biggrin.gif

ADDON DESCRIPTION

=================

This addon provides a comprehensive list of 1st SFOD Delta and 75th Ranger Battalion units. Both Desert and Woodland versions are included and a new set of highly accurate weapons and equipment has been modeled and included.

Features include:-

- Highly accurate and comprehensively researched Delta units in Woodland and Desert camo

- Highly accurate and comprehensively researched Ranger units in Woodland and Desert camo

- New Kawasaki dirt bikes as used by special ops in woordland and desert camo

- Extensive weapons pack including a variety of M4's and other spec ops weapons in a variety of configurations

- Animated goggles

- New character models

- As an added bonus we have included a unit called "Soldier" and "DES Soldier". These units come with no sleeve patches and are designed to allow a mission maker to include their own custom unit patch. As a sample we have included unit patches for the 101st, the 82nd and the 10th Mountain with the addon pack. (see the BAS_DeltaCodes.txt for info on how to use these units - they use the setobjecttexture function).

During the development of this addon we relied on the input of many "real life" operators. Active serving members in the military and some Rangers. The addons you will see in game are the product of meticulous research and a commitment to quality by the BAS Team.

Every single member of BAS had input into this addon. The team has worked tirelessly to bring what we hope is one of the best addons out in the community. Personally, I (Tigershark) would like to thank them all for their persistence, belief in the end product and commitment to quality and craftmanship.

Big thank you goes to Frandsen..who joined up...started the inital models and then left for the Army....good luck Frandsen.

Enjoy the addon from the BAS Team!

go to Ballistic Addon Studios and grab it...

HOLY SHIT THESE ARE GOOD!!!!!!

I swear to god if you haven't downloaded these than you are very dumb! The rangers and deltas are so fantastic!

Yess, finally, I've been sitting around my computer for the last 5 hours waiting for this. biggrin.gif

I LOVE YOU!!!! [to all of bas]

ps. can i come back to IRC?

Mirroring files, give me a sec and I'll give you links.

Very nice! I am building a mission for them since 2 weeks, now i can use them smile.gif

Hope mission is ready soon biggrin.gif

Guys, please report us your feedback/opinions in here, and also a couple of missions made by you would be cool biggrin.gif

Getting em now. Will let you know what I think as soon as I get em up and running, and I doubt it will be a bad review tounge.gif .

By the way, thank you for the 82th and 10th too, finally some modern day US troops.

Very very very good work guys. I think we have gays on this forum biggrin.gif . Who said about love ?

I am hosting an online test at 66.167.119.58:2302. The BAS Littlebirds are required along with the delta force... DUH!

Good day all!

PS: I'm not gay.

Blackdog, you can come back in now m8

Downloading now, 90% ready. Finally I can finish my coop mission biggrin.gif, thank you BAS. I'll post some feedback soon.

Excellent work ...as usual! smile.gif Downloading now. I hope the ACOG reticle has been fixed.

Well I just finally tested the entire pack, and I have one small gripe:

WHY DID YOU USE THE BIS GLOCK 17 AND BERETTAS? I doubt Delta's use glock 17's anyways, I'm pretty sure they still use the Colt Delta Elite pistol, which is a slightly modified Colt M1911. Plus the BIS Glock is unrealistic, it should hold 17 rounds instead of 14, plus the sound is, well, gay. The Beretta also has a crummy sound and it holds 10 rounds, unrealistically. Hopefully in the next release you at least modify the Beretta and Glock to have better sounds and maybe include the Delta Elite.

WOW ! This is amazing ! That sniper rifle is nuts!! Thank you guys so much for all this hard work !!! Please keep it up! The M14 Aimpoint is my favorite weapon, it is outstanding ! This is great work, worth the wait.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Feb. 16 2003,19:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I just finally tested the entire pack, and I have one small gripe:

WHY DID YOU USE THE BIS GLOCK 17 AND BERETTAS? I doubt Delta's use glock 17's anyways, I'm pretty sure they still use the Colt Delta Elite pistol, which is a slightly modified Colt M1911. Plus the BIS Glock is unrealistic, it should hold 17 rounds instead of 14, plus the sound is, well, gay. The Beretta also has a crummy sound and it holds 10 rounds, unrealistically. Hopefully in the next release you at least modify the Beretta and Glock to have better sounds and maybe include the Delta Elite.<span id='postcolor'>

erm... actually we discussed this with our Army Advisor, and these are the weapons they use.

And if you actually tested it properly you would find that the Berreta in the pack actually holds the correct number of rounds i.e. 15

Played the bike mission and the Delta mission, where you attack the airport so far.

And the OFP Academy Award goes to BAS for the best addon and the coolest intro (the explosion of the factory in slow-motion biggrin.gif ) !!!

The bike is just great, the textures wonderful and the animation also. Funniest vehicle so far in OFP to drive!!

One thing in the mission, that bothered me a little:

When you have to search the last guy in the enemy forest, my medic ran like hell here and there searching. That`s nice, but he ran right into the fire of an enemy squad. He didn`t took cover, just ran until he died. After that I was lost in the woods... sad.gif

The Delta mission so far is great, too. Only one thing: the sniper in the intro is lying half in the air on the house. You should put him back a little.

Maybe some more enemy movement in the intros. The guys are a little too static when all the comrades around them get shot wink.giftounge.gif

BAS, I could kiss you guys, wonderful addon!!! The units look better then a lot of the original ones of the game!!! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ Feb. 16 2003,20:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Feb. 16 2003,19wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I just finally tested the entire pack, and I have one small gripe:

WHY DID YOU USE THE BIS GLOCK 17 AND BERETTAS? I doubt Delta's use glock 17's anyways, I'm pretty sure they still use the Colt Delta Elite pistol, which is a slightly modified Colt M1911. Plus the BIS Glock is unrealistic, it should hold 17 rounds instead of 14, plus the sound is, well, gay. The Beretta also has a crummy sound and it holds 10 rounds, unrealistically. Hopefully in the next release you at least modify the Beretta and Glock to have better sounds and maybe include the Delta Elite.<span id='postcolor'>

erm... actually we discussed this with our Army Advisor, and these are the weapons they use.

And if you actually tested it properly you would find that the Berreta in the pack actually holds the correct number of rounds i.e. 15<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm I never noticed that it held 15 rounds. I guess I'll just change the sounds myself then, I don't play MP anyways. I suppose the Delta's stopped using the Delta Elite sometime in the mid-90's. wink.gif