Sign in to follow this  
dm

Deltas and rangers released!

well my mistake about my "M4's" they were CAR-15's or atleast they looked.. and about the sounds.. it sounds like the weps in Black Hawk Down.. thats what im saying.. make em sound like the ones u hear on Discovery specials where they shoot all kinds of Colt weapons and it sounds like a popping snap noise, the BAS ones on the other hand sound like toys... especially the Machine Guns.. im not getting upset or anything i play with the rangers/delta's all the time and u guys just seem to flame everyone that says something differnt than what you want to hear.. if you dont want to hear what we have to say about your addons maybe you should ask a moderator to close this discussion, or next time youll have a little more patience and explain "POLITELY" why they sound like that...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ April 12 2003,06:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ April 11 2003,17:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not exactly safe in a crash I'm guessing. Were the seats removed?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, they were. I've never flown on a mission where the seat WERE installed. Not that I can recall, anyways. At JRTC I know for sure we had them out. Mind you, it's been 3 years since I've been in a helo. We'd sit on top of our rucks, which wasn't always comfortable, but it did provide some ass relief over that vibrating metal floor.

And, at JRTC, we flew with the side doors secured. I seem to remember that this was the only way we'd be able to operate without seats and still be considered safe. It wasn't too far of a flight from England AFB to Fort Polk anyway - 20 minutes seems about right from forming up the flight and landing at that airstrip in the box. Where, by the way, we got hammered.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm guessing "the box" is the target area? You guys got hammered?

Yes... the "box" is the combat maneuver area. And we did get hammered - took immediate mortar fire on the LZ, and we got constantly harrassed all night by small teams. We had so many casualties that the whole battalion was pinned down while all the casualties got processed and evacuated. We were finally relieved about 6 hours later, just before dawn, when a mechanized infantry company with some M-1s showed up and used their thermal sights to pick out the bad guys, calling in Cobra gunships and mortars.

JRTC was easily the most fun experience I had in the Army. It was close enough to combat to keep you on your toes, and so well structured that you don't get bored with it, like on normal maneuvers. You do a lot of cool shiznit at JRTC that you don't get to do anywhere else. You also get to see a lot of stuff too. For example, we had an Australian platoon attached to the brigade for our rotation, as well as Hawaiians, Samoans, New Zealanders, and all kinds of Air Force and Marine guys that you'd never get to work with except in real combat.

Plus, you get to see real Mi-24s and Mi-8s. smile.gif One of them killed me. smile.gif

EDIT: In an effort to keep this post on topic, any replies about JRTC should be PMed to me. smile.gif

any progress pics on tha update?

No... you'll get them when they are done wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ 01 May 2003,17:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No... you'll get them when they are done wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

How hard is it to take a picture you just press Print screen and open a grafic pogram like Paint and prees Ctrl V and save it as a JPG biggrin.gif

STGN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STGN @ 01 May 2003,20:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ 01 May 2003,17:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No... you'll get them when they are done wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

How hard is it to take a picture you just press Print screen and open a grafic pogram like Paint and prees Ctrl V and save it as a JPG biggrin.gif

STGN<span id='postcolor'>

Thats not the point.

There was a news post on the (BAS) site, that clearly stated

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There will be no more screenshots of projects in work, as it reduces our workload, and prevents any issues if features have to be removed.<span id='postcolor'>

Running things this way (no shots until they are ready for release) vastly reduces the amount of SPAM we get (around release time or when new screenshots are posted this can be up to 80 emails a day)

And therefore means we can spend more time making the addons, and not processing pointless emails. wink.gif

I like the updated Deltas in the one pic on your site. Looks more realisic. smile.gif