Sign in to follow this  
AirwolfPL

Transparent texture disappears when...

I've one of those problems that you know that can be solved in no time but you just can't figure out how to do that...

And I feel like a newbie a bit asking about such issues wink.gif

The problem is that I've two different transparent textures.

For example - one applied to choppers windshield, and other applied to it's main rotor. When you looking at the windshield through texture applied to the rotor - windshield's texture dissappears in the place where rotor's texture is displayed.

So when you've your rotors running the effect is really weak - windshield texture appears and disappears...

(The strange thing is that transparent rotor doesn't disappers when you looking at it through the transparent windshield from cockpit :/)

All my choppers has this problem.

Sebnam choppers looks to have no problem with that.

But Seb Special Forces UH-1 has this problem too - but just on some of windshield's faces.

I've checked it out in O2, but I can't see anything special about it...

Where is the problem? (I can provide the screenshots if you don't know about what I'm talking)

Its most propably a z-buffering error, which can be fixed by changing the face order to make them get drawn in different order. This I believe can be done with the move top etc. functions in the faces menu, or easier by using cut and then paste on one of the affected parts. (Ie. select the whole rotor, press ctrl-x and then ctrl-v, or if that doesnt help do it to the windshield)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Feb. 11 2003,18:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its most propably a z-buffering error, (...)<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks, I'll check this out ASAP. I knew I can count on you smile.gif

I had a similar problem.

I read somewhere that it had to do with paa file's.

When looking through one paa file (my canopy glass texture) at another paa file (a near black texture inside the cockpit), the black texture vanished and the cockpit areas textured with it became see-through, but other paa textures in the cockpit were fine.

When I changed the black paa file to a pac file it worked fine.

Obviously you won't be able to change your textures to pac since they use alpha channels, but I'm wondering if the whole problem has to do with which colours are used. Which is why some vanish and others remain fine. confused.gif

You could possibly try altering colours slightly and see if they still vanish (if Kegetys solution doesnt work for you). confused.gif

Common problem this. Often get it when adding rotor blurs or windows to my models. It usually goes away if you just select the, i.e rotor blur plane, cut it (Ctrl+X) and paste it again Ctrl+V. If this dont work, try pasting it to another LOD just temporaroly, then cut and paste it back.

Putting this together with keygets Z-buffer tips, it is apparent that the face gets a new value when doing this.

brsseb

It's right Kegetys but you have forget to tell that not possible to see through a *.pac textured side..

wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Move top / Move bottom options from Faces menu solved my problems.

Thanks Kegetys.