Sign in to follow this  
vader_21vb

Sliding around the taxiway!

I have this problem with a plane it just have no desent traction to the gound when I kind of TAXI out on the airfield.

I have the landcontact LOD in place, but I remember something about ShockAbsorbers or Dampers, but not able to find it again.

The Mass is 12000, and it Flys and Takes off nicely.

The only thing "hiddeing" the problem is lowing the NoseSterring sencitive.

The Plane is allso very hard to stop/brake, but changing the BrakeDistance from 100 to anything else, do not seams to affect the traction.

Anyone have an idea on wath I need to look into?? plz.

Hi

You can set up shock absorbers, see my tutorial 2 (the car) where absorbers where made, and use those selection names on the vertices in Landcontact lod ("levy zadni tlumic", etc). Then read the Commentedconfig to find the right attributes on how to tune the shock absorbers.

From v 1.85 (or 1.9), there was added a value for editing the nosewheel steering (to help bigger plane taxiing). Dont remember the exact lines, but it was announced by Suma on this forum somewhere (seach).

Try reducing mass to help the plane to respont to braking faster. You can also tune the brakedistance some more together with some of the other values (landingCof-someting, i think..)

brsseb

Super thanx for the tip, It did the trick, + using "Placing markers for the wheels" description from you execelent tut. wink.gif

It's so easy when you know what to do.

I got court thinking that it was only for Vehicles..

Guest BratZ

You can setup shock asorbers on a plane? But the wheels don't even turn?

I notice that Col Klinks WW1 plane the SE5 also has the problem you were.I remember when the Bis Camel came out and I was using Klinks SE5 trying to maneuver around to rearm and it just kept sliding sideways.

Did making it lighter help? I would think that making it heavier would?

I did not see any less sliding due to heavy'er weight, the sliding disapeared with the correct markers for the wheels in memory lod.

The other effect I noticed was it needed longer takeoff due to more friction from the wheels, but takeoff speed was almost the same. Ones it's in the air, everthing behaves like before.