Sign in to follow this  
LAW Soldier fd

Multiplayer user defined markers

Howdy,

Could someone please tell me the names of user defined markers in multiplayer, and how do they differ? (east, west, civ, guer) ..

made a A&D map, no respawns, and it would rock hard to be able to use the map, doubleclick on a spot and inform the squad of something.. but the problem resides..

if i put a marker in there, write text "let's attack from here", the other side can see it too. they'll just put a marker next to it telling "yeah right :)" and i can see that marker also.

what's wrong ? .. i saw this done on at least ofpleague.com official TDM maps, user markers are not "broadcasted" on both sides..

i've got as far as hidden the in-game markers with the init.sqs thingy, and it works. just need the info on what are the markers called in multiplayer? .. in single player someone said in a tutorial, that they are _USER_DEFINED_X/X (or something like that), but they were quick to mention that they don't work in multiplayer.

anyone have a clue ? (i've asked half the world so far, and zippo. nada. :P)

thank for any help.

In singleplayer I always refer to

"_USER_DEFINED #0/X"

as the markername, i.e. the first number is always zero. Maybe the first number refers to the players (or different sides) in multiplayer.

Just a guess,

Spinor

spinor, thought of that too, read about it on the same tutorial i guess..

thanks for your guess tho, could perhaps give it a go.

anyone else? ;)