Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

Er....steal the ship?

Its not gonna rule the waves or create any stir, just a cargo liner for those who wants it.

Pic:- gotta copy and paste link onto your address bar.

http://www.geocities.com/philcommando/screenship.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/philcommando/Screenship2.jpg

To download:-website:-

http://www.geocities.com/philcommando/cargoliner.html

It's times like this that I wish we had that Sturgeon class submarine addon with torpedo firing capabilities. wow.gif

Yep, or try to play Battle of Jutland. Need only about 70 dreadnaught class battleships and battlecruisers and les than 300 smaller ships. Any modeler have a free time?

For me it is rather just art for art.

theavonlady, why You wish we had Sturgeon class submarine addon with torpedo firing capabilities? To name that liner "Lousitania II"? Bad girl, oh, sorry, bad lady smile.gif

tanker.jpg

It's not bad. Actually its very promising and could be really good after some improvements.

Comments/bugs:

[*] Textures could really use some more details.

[*] Remove the machine gun, its of no use at all.

[*] The view geometry is misplaced.

[*] Fire geometry needs some fixing (driver can't be killed right now)

[*] Change player proxy into an East unit. Right now it is West Crew, which looks kind of strange on a Soviet ship.

[*]Increase armour. One maverick shouldn't destroy a ship that big.

Otherwise, very good work. I like big things smile.gif

I'm going to download this thing and look into some kind of hostage situation black op. Thanks for your hard work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's times like this that I wish we had that Sturgeon class submarine addon with torpedo firing capabilities<span id='postcolor'>

A Sturgeon sub has been released?

or you could base the ruskies taking over Iceland off it!

Thanks folks for trying out the model. For those who think its okay, credit belongs to the community for thats where i learnt how to create something like this with special thanks to Col klink, brsseb, Soul Assasin and many others. However the bugs and errors are mine as i probably didnt grasp the concepts correctly.

Thanks for the feedback. I am pretty thickskinned, i will accept the good with any bad and ugly for this ship is only a prototype of things to come...hehe...

PS:- Be my guest to depbo the project, modify or do anything with it. I am not looking for credit, i just want something possible to engage in ofp. For those who want to create something like this, feel free to open it in 02 and see how the various LOD are done so that u can cut short the trial and errors ( i destroyed 437 trial models just to get it with some semblance of working order :-O)

On top of many things i like about ofp is that there are many ways to complete your mission and even with addons, there are many ways to use them interactively.

For example:-

1. If u prefer to run on board the 'object' ship and take command at the bridge ( control room) instead of entering at the gangway, just place a trigger:-

"_x moveincargo ship1" foreach units man

whereby man named after u and the 'object' ship is named ship1. This trigger can be activated by west or radio alpha which will put u in the cargo seat and u can switch places to driver later.

2. If u are using the 'eastern amoured' ship and want to get rid of the pilot/driver, place at the ship init or trigger:-

ship1 action ["EJECT",ship1]

should u be in open waters, the pilot will move to the gangway with rifle for 3secs, kill him b4 he moves back to pilot the ship.

should u be near the coast, he will eject out to land, kill him b4 he moves back to pilot the ship.

3. Should u instead want the pilot/driver to steer the ship for u, place the trigger to moveincargo, then another trigger for him to join u:-

[ship1] join player.

with this command he obey your directions.

4. If u place soldiers directly on top of 'eastern armoured' ship, its easy to kill them when they are standing, but should they be prone, get behind cover or a distance away and throw a grenade.

lol! many more codes and scripts...hope u will have fun

@Ex-RoNiN:

Lol sorry i was tired so i was looking wrong so Ex-RoNiN

i edited this post because i was wrong ok smile.gif

(i hope that helped biggrin.gif )

Thanks fighter smile.gif

waffendennis, you just violated a forum rule yourself wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">§6)No discussion on how the forum is moderated

All comments about how the forum is moderated and your opinions on the moderators should be sent by PM to the moderator whose decision you disagree with.<span id='postcolor'>

What the rule means that the last reply needs to be 4 months old, not the initial post smile.gif

Well Phil is there  a newer version on you list? to make and what do you think of makeing more ships? ( hint: Aircraft carrier biggrin.gif ) biggrin.gif