Sign in to follow this  
PlaneShifter

Very simple but fun script

I came up with a script that I'm going to use for a customized MP game type, where players fight over the entire island. I wanted the passing of time to speed up, so that during the course of the game several days will pass, allowing players to utilize night and day tactics.

Just one argument, to set the delay. If you make the delay very small, you can watch your shadow crawl across the ground and watch the stars rotate at night! Stupideously simple, but it's fun.

_waittime = _this select 0

#loop

skiptime 0.001

~_waittime

goto "loop"

- PlaneShifter -

That sounds GREAT! I'm also working on a map fought over all of Mulden. It's a CnH map with each of 9 towns being the objectives. I can get you a copy if you think it could help you.

What does this script do to things like the watch in game or the clock tower in the church? Does it too speed up to reflect the new time of day? How do I use this script? Where do I put it?

Thanks alot!

Sure, I'd like a copy!

The watch reflects the time skipping--it looks pretty funny.  I don't know about the clock towers, never noticed 'em, but I bet they're synced to the same variable that everything else uses to determine the time, so it should go fast too.  Hehe ^_^

To use the script, put [] exec "timeskip.sqs" (if you named the script that) either in the player's init, or in a gamelogic unit.

- PlaneShifter -

(Edited by PlaneShifter at 3:30 am on Nov. 27, 2001)

i have one question about this script

if you use it in a MP mission and set the time for the map

to end to 30 minuts will this cause the map to end earlyer then 30??

If you're using the "time" command to check the time elapsed since the beginning of the mission, then I think it *will* end earlier--you'll have to adjust your timelimit counter accordingly. Try testing it out in the mission editor.

- PlaneShifter -

I'll try it tonight. I'm also curious about speed of sound issues useing this script. Also useing this script with the random time of day script. I'll have a report tommorow.