Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Bis need v1.90 config+resource files

BIS, the v.85 config files that came along with binarize.zip work very badly when launched from ofp.exe -mod=mymod command line. Many errors occur when I do that.

Could you please release v1.90 configs and all resource files so total conversion mods can begin their work?

they would probably never do that! So you shoould ask some 3rd party addon makers to do that for you...

That is ridiculous. How can total conversion mods ever work if bis will not release proper decrypted config files. 3rd party files don't work properly. v1.85 configs provided by bis in the binarize don't work either.

I dont see why BIS couldn't release new commented config files (and keep releasing new ones as patches come out), configs for 1.46 and 1.85 have been released, and it would really help to get fresh ones with every patch.

The ones decoded from the config.bin/resource.bin wont have the same structure, wont have any comments and will all be in one big file which makes editing and maintaining different versions alot more complex.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That is ridiculous. How can total conversion mods ever work if bis will not release proper decrypted config files. 3rd party files don't work properly. v1.85 configs provided by bis in the binarize don't work either.

<span id='postcolor'>

i made one with the files from 1.90 and everything works perfect, new menu, splash screens etc.

Vixer, would you be so kind to provide a link to those files by posting here or via PM. It would be very much appreciated.

Sorry, got the link already. But both resource.cpp and config.cpp looked ok, but when I binarized and put them to MyMod folder and run OFP.exe -mod=MyMod it crashes on the desktop immediately. Tried also un-binarized files with same result and also by putting stringtable.csv and dll file to the MyMod\bin folder. Didn't help. What could be the problem?

Depends. I know that A-Lone-Wolf's config.bin and resource.bin are somewhat messed up and are missing things (such as classes)

The config.bin and resource.bin from InternalEditing are bug-free and works very well...(though I think they only released v1.85)

Their v1.90 config seems to work fine!

Thanks a lot xmas.gif