Sign in to follow this  
mikro

So.....whats with the updates, whats going on?

So why arnt we getting pistols for just the normal old operation fashpoint? why is resistance getting al the attention? i mean come on why isnt there pistols and BRIDGES for normal flashpoint? thats what the old damand was. for knifs and pistols. i wish that you get these soon for operation fashpoint so that us old schoolers dont have to buy a new game for stuff that sould have been added a long time ago to the normal old game! please reply so we can show what we want. i would like to here your comment on this subject so that i can decide wether i have your support to fight the big legue.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mikro @ Dec. 21 2002,21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So why arnt we getting pistols for just the normal old operation fashpoint? why is resistance getting al the attention?<span id='postcolor'>

Resistance IS the update for Operation Flashpoint. As the update added quite more than just a few fixes they charged for it - and its worth the money. With 1.46 you have a stable version to play the game you paid for when you bought it.

If you want more, you need to buy Resistance. I can assure you it's worth the money. So stop whining and get it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Dec. 21 2002,21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shut up.<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif

the origonall copy would sell faster tho if the add ons would just come in an origional download people want to download addons.......not buy them. the damand for games that you dont have to buy updates is in and for those of us in the U.S.A. know that

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mikro @ Dec. 21 2002,23:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">people want to download addons.......not buy them.<span id='postcolor'>

People want to download addons that have better textures and functionality that might only be available in a product's later release/sequel, which you don't have - yet. biggrin.gif

so your saying that its a better idea to buy some expanstion for pistols and 5 new addons? 30$ for 5 addons and 12 new wepons? well if thats what you want then you've got problems.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mikro @ Dec. 21 2002,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well if thats what you want then you've got problems.<span id='postcolor'>

No, I've got Resistance. tounge.gif

Don't forget the new Island, campaign and mission editing capabilities.

BTW, US$19.99 at EB Games.

some people are so cheap. BIS gives them 3 seperate free addon upgrades before Resistance comes out and they still complain when they have to pay for a totally revamped OFP with new addons, campaign, and characters.

listen in america i have to pay importation fees especally because im near the west coast

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mikro @ Dec. 21 2002,23:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">listen in america i have to pay importation fees especally because im near the west coast<span id='postcolor'>

Is that because you live in Irca (Independent Republic of California)? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mikro @ Dec. 21 2002,23:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">listen in america i have to pay importation fees especally because im near the west coast<span id='postcolor'>

What extar do you have to pay when buying from EB Games in the US? confused.gif

The reasons why you aren't getting pistols for the old OFP is not because BIS/CM are cheap, but because the pre-Resistance engine doesn't support them.

there the producers if they cant even change the codes they put in there stupid.....and i live in utah not in the republic of californa.....i say we give cal back to mexico

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Dec. 21 2002,20:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shut up.<span id='postcolor'>

Here-flippin'-here!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...old schoolers dont have to buy a new game for stuff that should have been added a long time ago to the normal old game<span id='postcolor'>

BIS have done more than enough for you. You want more, you better tuck into your wallet and fork out the cash. It's damn worth it. smile.gif

Gameer

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Dec. 21 2002,21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shut up.<span id='postcolor'>

48h Post Restriction for that.

You have been warned in the past for flaming and being disrespectful, this is no way of talking to fellow board members, no matter how controversial their views.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mikro @ Dec. 21 2002,21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So why arnt we getting pistols for just the normal old operation fashpoint? why is resistance getting al the attention? i mean come on why isnt there pistols and BRIDGES for normal flashpoint? thats what the old damand was. for knifs and pistols. i wish that you get these soon for operation fashpoint so that us old schoolers dont have to buy a new game for stuff that sould have been added a long time ago to the normal old game! please reply so we can show what we want. i would like to here your comment on this subject so that i can decide wether i have your support to fight the big legue.<span id='postcolor'>

Res gets the attention becuase it's the next phase of the game.  It's only about 20-30 bucks, it can't be that hard to save up.

There's no bridges in the original flashpoint cause, well, where you put them?  No pistols cause well, that's the way it goes.

Just buy resistance!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">there the producers if they cant even change the codes they put in there stupid.....and i live in utah not in the republic of californa.....i say we give cal back to mexico<span id='postcolor'>

That would mean an engine change. Which you'd prolly have to buy anyway tounge.gif

Important fees? Just save a little here and there, it's not that tough!

Hi mikro

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">listen in america i have to pay importation fees especally because im near the west coast<span id='postcolor'>

When did the US Government being run by BIS?

Trade Tarifs are your governments fault not BISs

And you want free upgrades you a communist or something? If those are your ideals all well and good. If not the free market means BIS should charge everything the traffic will bare. I dont see why those of us who paid for Resistance should pander to dear old 1.46 forever.

Kind Regards Walker

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mikro @ Dec. 21 2002,22:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">listen in america i have to pay importation fees especally because im near the west coast<span id='postcolor'>

LOL .... what B.S. I am in the US also and there is no fee like that. When the first version came out I even bought it from a UK site and no fee. I got the Res. version here and I had no fee! I also bought 2 more and gave them to my friends. You must not like the game very much if you dont buy the addon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Dec. 21 2002,22:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mikro @ Dec. 21 2002,23:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">listen in america i have to pay importation fees especally because im near the west coast<span id='postcolor'>

Is that because you live in Irca (Independent Republic of California)? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol biggrin.gif

if i reamber right BIS said that Resistance is consitereed the newest vershion and that CWC will no longer be supported for updates because resistance is consitered the newest vershion. Honistly i think resistance is well worth the cash. and they have good reasion to charge for it but this is my opion but if your looking for more updages to CWC well i dont think it is going to happen for you.

Lets put this in perspective.

When CWC was realeased in version 1.0 there was about half the stuff in 1.46.

For FREE BIS realeased

Loads of extra stuff in versions 1.1-1.46

Then they gave us a whole new Island, netcode, bridges pistols and a up-to-date graphics package for fast computers.

You want FREE addons for 1.46 - there is about 5Gb of addons available for you to choose from!! The modders have done well.

So go and Buy resistance and give BIS a little money to develop OFP2 or whatever the next project will be called, you will also be able to fly around in that nice Xmas present they gave us a British Sopwith Camel Bi-plane, maybe this means BIS are working on a WWI mod for ofp or possibly a seperate game alltogether. CWC was well worth the money, as is Resistance, and I'm sure the next realease using this engine will also be well worth the money - So Stop whining, dig into your pocket and go buy Resistance.

When your car is 2 years old do you take it back to the Garage and they give you a new one with loads of extra gadets, and all for free beacuse you bought your old one from them confused.gif Wouldnt that be good biggrin.gifxmas.gif Get into the Xmas Cheer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skunk Monkey @ Dec. 22 2002,09:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you will also be able to fly around in that nice Xmas present they gave us a British Sopwith Camel Bi-plane<span id='postcolor'>

Bah, speak for yourself. Some present. It's like getting socks for Xmas.