Sign in to follow this  
engen

Swedish forces pack

First of all, you might ask "hey, where's 1.0?" Well that was only released to a select few for testing and feedback. However, we now feel that the pack is sufficiently finished for an official release. Note that we'll keep updating the pack with various new units and weapons, but don't expect anything grand, the core team basically consist of 3-4 ppl. And we don't do requests, but all ideas are welcome and will be considered. But the basic goal of the pack would be to release a Swedish squad of soldiers, not a full simulation of the military forces.

Up and coming soon is the SSG special forces and Amfibiesoldater, the "marines".

This pack includes;

- Swedish mechanized squad (including the very old PBV501, seeing it was the only vehicle that could easily be made for ofp without compromising the release date, yes it sucks but it's a transport innit?)

- AK5/B/D/GRK/D with reddot sight + GRK

- KSP58 (KSP90 coming)

- Kpist M/45B (retro)

- P-skott

- m/84 GRG

- Pistol 88

- PSG90

- Spränghandgranat 56

Make sure you read the including readme, it's only in swedish though atm. If there are any questions, feel free to ask here. If you fancy helping out, say hello, or just tell us how crap we are, stop by #swepack on quakenet.

Feedback is welcome, especially from ppl that's done their conscriptservice and have advice.

Grab it right here:

Swedish Forces Pack 1.5

(Note that this server is on a 0.5mbit adsl, so the server might get quite crowded. Mirrors would be welcome.

Last but not least, many many thanks to all of you who've helped us with this pack. You're in the readme, hopefully. tounge.gif

EDIT: Fixed the link, it didn't like html code it seems.

Sounds nice, because i am a swedish too   biggrin.gif

hej hej wink.gif

Merry Christmas  everyone xmas.gif  xmas.gif  xmas.gif

Tackar, tackar xmas.gif

Very nice.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and Amfibiesoldater<span id='postcolor'>

I hope you are going to include Kustjägare and A-dyk in those smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Dec. 20 2002,00:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and Amfibiesoldater<span id='postcolor'>

I hope you are going to include Kustjägare and A-dyk in those smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well surely! After all, it wouldnt be Swedish without the legendary A-dyk!

Very nice pack. Models and textures are very good. I just wish I could read Swedish (but I can figure it out anyway)... wink.gif

Glad to hear you like it. smile.gif

MotherRussiaAK74, the soldiers can be found under West/Men (Swedish).

Denoir & Aaron Kane, Amfibie comes first, but after that, KJ might be possible. Not sure how A-dyk would fit in though, as they wouldn't really look much different from KJ on land, given they don't wear their fancy swimmingsuits. Atm were skinning the stridsväst 2000 (the new standard issue combat vest) for SSG and Amfibie.

Oh, and merry christmas to you all! xmas.gif

ohh, and if anyone has real problems with getting the file from the ftp, i can send over icq or msn. Just search for granQ and you will find me..

Very nice work indeed - the camouflage looks great and goes really nicely on Nogova smile.gif

Just a thought - could you create another version with English, rather than Swedish, unit descriptions for all us English-speakers, who are barely literate as it is?

Good work in any case  xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well surely! After all, it wouldnt be Swedish without the legendary A-dyk!<span id='postcolor'>

What has made the A-dyk so legendary? Carl Hamilton? wow.gif

Nice pack, anyway. Now someone could make a map of the Ĺland Islands, and we can have a good beef over it with Ivan's FDF troops and this pack biggrin.gif

yes, should be kinda simple making some english names, not sure if it would course conflict due to diffrent cpp but i really didn't think anyone outside sweden would play with them.

Just some basic, sorry for the readme being in swedish.

Befäl = officer

Skyttsoldat = soldier

Sjukvĺdare = medic

besättning = crew

Skarpskytt = Marksman

Prickskytt = Sniper

Please put english names. Forthcoming Finnish Defence Forces pack will feature english names.

Hopefully your next version will include some heavier stuff like Leopard 2 and CV 90 smile.gif

Whats the point in having it all in swedish?

Are you planning only to target THE ENTIRE SWEDISH OFP COMMUNITY... or what?

Put it in english, so everybody can play along.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GranQ @ Dec. 21 2002,00:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i really didn't think anyone outside sweden would play with them.<span id='postcolor'>

That's why smile.gif

I say leave the Swedish names. The point of national mods is that they represent the forces of a nation. The majority of the users will be Swedish anyway.

Have you considered making custom radio speech in Swedish? It is quite weird now when they use English.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir & Aaron Kane, Amfibie comes first, but after that, KJ might be possible. Not sure how A-dyk would fit in though, as they wouldn't really look much different from KJ on land, given they don't wear their fancy swimmingsuits. Atm were skinning the stridsväst 2000 (the new standard issue combat vest) for SSG and Amfibie<span id='postcolor'>

Actually a-dyk is not in kj-kompani but in the staff company of the amfbat. So we're technically amfibie, not kj wink.gif

Anyway, you might want to talk to walker or Matthjis who are developing a combat diver addon. I'm giving them technical assistance so it is going to be pretty close to a-dyk (complete with MUV-420 (rebreather) - actually a LAR V, but that's close enough wink.gif ). Perhaps it could be of some use to you...

Making another version with English descriptions (ie. Swedish Soldier, Swedish Crew - or something along that line) would still preserve that feeling of a different nation, especially if it's grouped away from the default soldiers in the editor (like these soldiers are). It just makes thing easier for those English-speakers who do use it. smile.gif

Anyhoo, I'd also really like to see Mods who make forces from other countries supply custom radio sounds, if they can. It'd add hugely to the feel of the addon, besides it just doesn't sound right if a Swedish/German/French etc. soldier sounds like he comes from the southern USA smile.gif

Well, I remember using a soundpack with swedish radiosounds a while ago..

It sounded a little bit corny though(I'm swedish so I would know).

Can't remember where I got it though  confused.gif

Edit: Just found ithere

Very nice,

I wish the Pistol 88 would have a better sound though. Except for that, it's great smile.gif

And Merry Christmas everyone xmas.gif

Just put something like...

SWE Jaeger (PzSkott 86)

SWE Soldier (AK5)

SWE MG Soldier

I definately support having english names. How can our brave

nordic forces then communicate if we use our native languages? tounge.gif