Sign in to follow this  
KingBeast

Aliens m577 apc

Well i dont know if anyone is working on one of these or has made one, but i made the model many months ago and retrieved it from my old hard drive the other day and so decided to give the old mod making business a go smile.gif

I took the textures from AvP2 and as you can see, ive made a bit of a mess of the whole thing and it looks rather ugly. I am having a few problems with the APC, first off it does drive, but its turning circle is massive. Second, the front turret does shoot, and turn and such, but you can only aim up and down (move your cursor left or right and the turret moves, but not the aim point.

I would be willing to share this project with any good skinners/cpp writers or anyone with a good understanding of oxygen so that we can get the thing going properly smile.gif

apcnontex.jpg

apcpic1.jpg

apcpic2.jpg

Pretty nice work there! Make it really slow to tick people off. smile.gif

Just a thought: AvP2 has a really nice interior model of the APC, you could probably use that for the cockpit... the interior/exterior from AvP2 was quite nice, I must say, mainly because the textures instantly work on both interior and exterior. I have the mdoel in 3ds format... somewhere on my hard drive, if you'd like it.

Great model and tex job, I have to say.. looks great in game.

I'm not much for cpping new models, sorry, haven't delved into that as of yet... but I'm a hardcore AvP fan, if that helps =D

I would be willing to spearhead an entire Aliens: OFP mod, if it weren't for the legality issues (I had enough headaches with my AvP starcraft mod)... Still, talk to the gent who did the USCM weapons pack, as well as the guy who made/is making the dropship.

Crew: 2 plus 12

Engine: Arco Continental R-370 Gas Turbine with an output of 286 Kw.

Dimensions

Height (turret stowed): 2.17 m

Height (turret raised): 2.81 m

Length (turret stowed): 9.22 m

Length (turret raised): 8.58 m

Width: 3.38 m

Wheel Diameter: 158.75 cm

Clearance (at rest): 21.59 cm

Armor: 2 mm alloy outer skin; 4 mm Boron Carbide plates coated with 2 mm ablative resin; plates backed by a 3 mm woven Venlar liner. Foam packed floor cavity for protection against forged fragment mines.

Combat Weight: 14,500 kg

Road Speed: 150 km/h

Acceleration: 42 km/h in 6 seconds

Vertical Obstacle: 0.5 m

Gradient: 60%

Weapons Systems:

For such a light purpose vehicle, the M577 mounts substantial firepower. A small turret traversing the APCs forward arc mounts twin Republic Electric RE700 20mm Gatling cannon, supplied with 1700 round multi-feed ammo bin. Available round profiles are: High Explosive, High Explosive Armor Piercing, and Swarm type Anti-Personnel flechette rounds. These weapons use an upscaled version of the pulse technology found in the pulse rifles and smart guns. The main weapon of the M577 is mounted in a fully traversable, self-contained turret assembly on a rail that continues down the rear of the vehicle. Motors allow it to moved and stowed on the vehicle’s rear, allowing it to fit within a dropship or shuttle bay. Fire control can be automatic or under the discretion of the vehicle commander. The M577A carries twin 20mW Boyars PARS 150 phased plasma cannon. Each gun carries 1000 rounds of ammo.

Captain, I would certainly like to look at the model, so send away, though it would kind of feel like ive wasted my time with this one if I used the avp 2 one sad.gif

Thanks for the info fubar, i named the front Turret accordingly (RE700) but currently its firing M2 rounds rather than 20mm biggrin.gif

Hm, Frugo_PL was working on a version of the USCM APC for our USCM Mod [refer to my page listed in my signature]...

xmas.gif

Any idea how far he got? Im going to keep going with this apc at least as a learning experience, but do you think its worth me actually doing it properly for a release? confused.gif