Sign in to follow this  
Skunk Monkey

1.91 beta

I just saw thge post about the upcoming 1.91 patch. Why will it be a beta release?

Just confused I know the Linux Servers were/are beta, but i thought the last OFP patch to be beat was MPTEST 1.60 beta???

Still Good Work BIS, and Merry Christmas biggrin.gif

Well if its beta that means we will get a better version later, i'm not complaining wink.gif Why should you?

I can only see that because it is a beta BIS may make another path to take it out of the beta stage.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ Dec. 11 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well if its beta that means we will get a better version later, i'm not complaining wink.gif Why should you?<span id='postcolor'>

True, but still seems odd, 1.75,1.85 and 1.90 werent beta

I believe they are calling it a Beta because they wanted to address critical problems that they felt were important to get out to the OFP community, but they don't want to offer official tech support for it because it is an interim release.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is an official one before Christmas.

im still having trouble with my tank positions where when im commander, i can move to gunner or driver even when people are in those positions but the thing that annoys me is that when i tell my driver to go somewhere, he wont do it so i have to do that forward forward right forward crap which takes ages to do. I dont know if anyone else has this problem but tell me if you do becuase i want to know if its just my copy of the game.

hum - beta does mean, that this is not the latest standard,

being required to have installed.

beta also does mean, that they invite you to test some

new features, which they will include in their next official

patch.

And last but not least: beta does mean, that they would

like to get feedback on how this is workin for a third party.

E.g: they know what to test, but third parties do try sometimes stranger things than they can imagine.

So they gonna release the beta version, watch the forums

and decide, wether it's good or not.

~S~ CD

If this would be the last OFP patch - which it probably won't - it would be great if we set up a thread reporting any bugs we encounter - providing that we ALL are using 1.90. I really hope the gunshot sound skipping bug will be fixed, as well as the damage issues with the guns (eg. M60 being weaker than an M16 although it is larger caliber.) It would at least be great if the M60, AK47, M21, PK, Dragunov, and SA58 would all share the same bullet, since they are all 7.62mm. The M16, M4, G3, G36, Steyr AUG, AK74, and AK74SU should all share the same bullet, since each of their calibres are similar. The M2 would be in a class of its own, and the Bizon and MP5 would share bullets too.

The 7.62mm rifles you are talking about aren't all chambered for the the same cartridge. There is a big difference in power between the 7.62x39 and 7.62x51.

A similar discrepancy exists between the AK74 and M16 and other rifles chambered in 5.56mm.

And the G3 uses 7.62x51 (same as M21) smile.gif

BETA is in short, a patch that is not fully tested by Q&A, it is not fully supported and it usually is not the final patch.

I bet the reason why BIS released this patch as BETA is to get it out faster and cheaper (understandable). After all , it's only a minor patch (15.1MB).

When it comes to BIS and BETA that should'nt be a problem. Usually the BETAs ain't much "worse" than the retail. Now, I'm not saying BIS' patches are crap. Not at all. I'm just saying we should'nt worry just because the patch is a "beta".

It's probably out before the weekend.

Guest jacobaby

if u look in the COMREF you will see notes to versions

1.81 etc etc

Seems maybe they do patches at BIS, and then bung em all together when they got enough bits. I dont remember 1.8 being released.............

Many versions are created only to test if the improvements were successful, before releasing as a public patch.

During 1.88 Server patch testing BIS connected to our server with 1.86 and 1.87 clients for testing purposes.

when you have something that is worthwhile, then version number is added. my guess is that BIS works on issues, and they work a group by group.

But why is it so big (15 MB)? the 1.85 patch that contained new vehicles etc was smaller (13 MB)... And the BETA is just bug fixes...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jahve @ Dec. 13 2002,08:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But why is it so big (15 MB)? the 1.85 patch that contained new vehicles etc was smaller (13 MB)... And the BETA is just bug fixes...<span id='postcolor'>

IF you take a look into the readme you'll see that this patch includes those vehicles too. This oatch can be applied directly after Res (1.75) smile.gif

Hi,

situation expierenced in mp

I am a gunner in a bradley and there is a commander or driver inside too, the gun allways want to grow high, I also saw that at a M2 Maschinegun.

What I'm wondering is, if there isn't yet a dedicated server for 1.91 then I guess the new scripting command TypeOf won't work in MP games...right?

For vehicle respawning, for example, you normally have to use CountType to determine the type of vehicle or whatever that you wish to respawn.  counttype can be inacurrate though, because if a vehicle is a subclass of another vehicle, like JeepMG is a subclass of Jeep.  So if you compare CountType "Jeep" before "JeepMG" then it will think the unit is a regular jeep.  M2 MG's are subclasses of the M113, A10 LGB's are subclasses of A10's etc.

Anyway, now you can simply do this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

_type = typeOf _vcl

<span id='postcolor'>

instead of the following loop:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

?!(local Server): Goto "end"

_vcl = _this select 0

_respawndelay = 10

_dir=Getdir _vcl

_position=Getpos _vcl

_Vehicles=[]

_Bronco = ["DKMM_OV10_B","DKMM_OV10_FAC","DKMM_OV10_RHB","DKMM_OV

10_RES","DKMM_OV10_TR","DKMM_OV10_ATG"]

_TomCat = ["F14TM","F14TMB","F14TMD2","F14TMD"]

_AirAddons = ["bas_ah6mp","bas_ah6j","bas_md500dtow","bas_mh6",

"bas_mh6a","WDragonfly","EDragonfly"]

_ArmorAddons = ["DKMM_M109_ADATS","DKMM_dtunguska","M109_2","M109&quot

;

;]

_WTrucks=["Truck5tOpen","Truck5tRepair","Truck5tReammo","Truck5t

Refuel","Truck5t"]

_ETrucks=["UralRepair","UralReammo","UralReFuel","Ural"]

_CivTrucks=["TruckV3SGCivil","TruckV3SGRefuel","TruckV3SGRepair","

TruckV3SGReammo","Bus","TruckV3SG"]

_Jeeps=["JeepMG","GJeep","HMMWV","UAZ","SGUAZG"

,"UAZG","JeepPolice","Jeep"]

_Cars=["Tractor","Rapid","RapidY","Skoda","SkodaBlu

e","SkodaRed","SkodaGreen","Trabant","Jawa"]

_Helos=["Cobra","AH64","CH47D","OH58","UH60MG",

"UH60","Kamov","Mi24","Mi17"]

_Planes=["Cessna","A10LGB","A10","SU25"]

_WArmor=["M1Abrams","M60","Bradley","M113Ambul","Vulc

an","M2StaticMGE","M2StaticMG","M113","BoatW"

]

_GArmor=["T80Res","T72Res"]

_EArmor=["T80","T72","BMP2","BMPAmbul","BMP",&am

p;qu

ot;BRDM","BoatE","ZSU","T55G"]

_Other=["Mash"]

_OtherAddons = ["sttklr250"]

_Vehicles = _OtherAddons + _TomCat + _Bronco + _AirAddons+_ArmorAddons+_WTrucks+_ETrucks+_CivTrucks+_Jeeps+_Cars+_Helos+_Planes+_WArmor+_

GArmor+_EArmor+_Other

_i = 0

#Loop

? (_i > (Count _Vehicles)) : Goto "Skip"

_VehicleType = _Vehicles Select _i

_VehicleTypeDoesMatch = ((_VehicleType CountType _this) == 1)

? _VehicleTypeDoesMatch : _type = _VehicleType

? _VehicleTypeDoesMatch : Goto "Skip"

_i = _i + 1

Goto "Loop"

<span id='postcolor'>

Okey thx for answering smile.gifxmas.gif

So if i undestod this right, It makes the life of guys that are writing scripts much easyer, but dosnt give any really new Futures? (like a flying dragon or somthing) confused.gif

What is that again and again when a new patch is out , the firstthing a see is config file shows up when login in on a server!!!!

This was also with the 1.85 patch???

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Dec. 12 2002,05:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would at least be great if the M60, AK47, M21, PK, Dragunov, and SA58 would all share the same bullet, since they are all 7.62mm. The M16, M4, G3, G36, Steyr AUG, AK74, and AK74SU should all share the same bullet, since each of their calibres are similar. The M2 would be in a class of its own, and the Bizon and MP5 would share bullets too.<span id='postcolor'>

M16, XM, G36, AUG = 5.56 mm NATO

Sa58, AK47, PK = 7.62 mm WP

M60, G3, M21 = 7.62 mm NATO

AK74, AK74SU  (actually AKS-74U), Bizon = 5.45 mm WP

MP5 = 9 mm

M2 = 12.7 mm

Hi, plz. fix the force feedback in the game... if you die, when flying a chopper, or plane, then the "force stays in the joy" until you next die, outside a plane or chopper.

Oh, and i forgot, you all at bis should think about how to attach wehicles into each other, there should be a way to make this... If a player or ai can stick in to a wehicle, the theres need to be a way, to make wehicles which can carry other wehicles /even if they are fixed, like players/.

CU. xmas.gif

By the way there isn't a report position command if you want to reply your position to the commander. Why? Why only the AI can say this?

cu!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LightBringer @ Dec. 31 2002,12:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way there isn't a report position command if you want to reply your position to the commander. Why? Why only the AI can say this?

cu!<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe because you can type in your position yourself?

Everybody would use it to find out where he is, you don't have this option in real life. wink.gif

What is really missing is a scripting command to get the weapons and magazines of an ammo crate. (+weaponholder).