Sign in to follow this  
gnurf

Drunk driving

I have a small problem with the mission im currently working on (duh!wink.gif.

Problem:

Two trucks that are leaving a waypoint and moving to another waypoint won´t stay on the road that connects them.

The trucks are setup with behaviour "safe" and they DO follow the road UNTILL i add some more units to the mission (such as tanks, airplanes, and troops). You can see them struggeling to stay on the road (they pass over it a coupel of times) untill after a coupel of hundred meters they give up completly taking the shortest way to the waypoint, driving up a mountain side.

I figure that the problem is due to my slow cpu but i was wondering if anyone else have had similar problems and if running the mission on a more powerfull machine would solve it? (That would mean i won´t be abel to play my own missions properly biggrin.gif )

I assume those truck won't go into combat so:

Try putting them on careless, or set their firemode on hold fire (or never fire).

About them abandoning the road, add an extra waypoint.

I don't think it has something to do with the cpu since my own is not so fast either.

Probably should do the trick but it dosn´t.

I even doubel checked the combatmode and behaviour while in transit between the two waypoints. (carless & blue)

Becouse of how all the waypoints are laid out with a few switch triggers attached i would prefer not to add more waypoints (becouse that would also include alot more switch triggers, globals and thinking wink.gif ).

So basiclly the question remains "why does it work if the number of units in the mission is lowerd"

Thanks for the tips anyway!

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 08 2002,16:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Careless and Never Fire does the trick.<span id='postcolor'>

if i were a n00b I definitely don't think i would know wot to do with that.

I really dislike it when people use such technical terms, beleiving everyone to understand them.