Sign in to follow this  
Tex -USMC-

Vbs site updated

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ Dec. 04 2002,21wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 04 2002,01:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i wonder if VBS guys use addons from OFP community....

good to see you back AntiChrist<span id='postcolor'>

I hope they get payed for it if they do

I think they could legally w/out paying them but still.....<span id='postcolor'>

Well I read somewhere that they can not use regular game models because they require more detail or something... (would be better for clients if they could, worse for VBS1 guys) actually there is no Oxygen available to VBS1 clients so far, that I know of.

I bet u some l33t soldier is also a programmer and would make cool stuff for it. Anyways it would be nice to hear a lil bit by bis (Suma where r u tounge.gif ?), about stuff that they can talk about. it would also be nice if some1 would interview bis and they could talk about their project and stuff. VBS is something very big, and I think that it gives bis economical security, it would be nice to hear how non governative organization- bis relation will be in the future! tounge.gif

PS: sorry if I dont make any sense I am tired

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Dec. 06 2002,05:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ Dec. 04 2002,21<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 04 2002,01:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i wonder if VBS guys use addons from OFP community....

good to see you back AntiChrist<span id='postcolor'>

I hope they get payed for it if they do

I think they could legally w/out paying them but still.....<span id='postcolor'>

Well I read somewhere that they can not use regular game models because they require more detail or something... (would be better for clients if they could, worse for VBS1 guys) actually there is no Oxygen available to VBS1 clients so far, that I know of.<span id='postcolor'>

actually, the new models you can see on the newer vbs1-screens dont really look (much) more detailed than the models in normal ofp or ofp:r

...dont know about the possibility to edit it in oË›

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quantity of

Licenses

VBS1â„¢ Core Price

per License

1 - 500 $149.00

501 - 1000 $144.00

1001 - 2000 $139.00

2001 - 3000 $134.00

3001 + $129.00

<span id='postcolor'>

Does anyone else think these prices are cheap? OFP, RH and OFP:R combined are almost the cost of VBS1. I mean, the USMC has a budget of billions of dollars, surely you could have milked them for more than $129.00 a copy! biggrin.gif

-=Die Alive=-

My guess is that they will be milked with the model addons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ Dec. 06 2002,07:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">actually, the new models you can see on the newer vbs1-screens dont really look (much) more detailed than the models in normal ofp or ofp:r

...dont know about the possibility to edit it in oË›<span id='postcolor'>

Ok. smile.gif They look more less the same to me also.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nyles @ Dec. 06 2002,12:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My guess is that they will be milked with the model addons.<span id='postcolor'>

That is also my "guess". smile.gif At least part of it.

Put yourself in the shoes of a military organization who just bought the core VBS1. So, what are you going to say when you actually want to simulate some battle for your men? With 1985 soldiers and loadouts? No way. smile.gif You will be asking for proper models immediately.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Dec. 06 2002,22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">actually there is no Oxygen available to VBS1 clients so far, that I know of.<span id='postcolor'>

They use O2  wink.gif

Just noticed you said "clients". Did you mean for people who buy VBS? So that they can make there own? Because that is not needed, because as stated before, Coalescent will make it all for them. Wish i had that job smile.gif

ya u superadoonmakers ( I am not gonna name u all but u know who u r smile.gif) should contact coalescent and show them ur skills. they migh t hire u

about the other thread

the reason why VBS1 is not for the public is because it maybe gives problems with original ofp and just because its made for the military with realistic ballistics and other stuff

they dont want this falling in the hands of terrorists or some countrys like Iraq or something

What a stupid way of thinkin. I think the terrorists are cabable to steal one computer game if they can hijack couple of planes and fly them against some buildings.

yes but releasing it to public makes it alot easyer and the VBS1 uses a MARX USB Security key now

I'd pay $150.00 for a copy. Hell, I'd pay $200.00 or even $250.00.

That's how much I love OFP...

And as an extra incentive, I'd pay $100.00 for each addon pack for VBS1.

What about you guys?

PS - Anyone got any relations to police chiefs, firefighters, or a federal office? Cough... smile.gif

hmm i dunno if i want to pay 150 for the Core VBS as its almost like normal ofp with other islands

my uncle work for a Federal agency tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Dec. 06 2002,15:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Dec. 06 2002,22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">actually there is no Oxygen available to VBS1 clients so far, that I know of.<span id='postcolor'>

They use O2 wink.gif

Just noticed you said "clients". Did you mean for people who buy VBS? So that they can make there own? Because that is not needed, because as stated before, Coalescent will make it all for them. Wish i had that job smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Clients are those who purchase VBS1, and not needed is your opinion. smile.gif And someones financial strategy.

O2 is available to VBS distributors, not the clients. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Dec. 07 2002,22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my uncle work for a Federal agency  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

janitor at a federal building? tounge.gif

j/k

but seriously. Coalescence will only sell it to law enforcement agencies so i doubt if we can get it anyway.

i think Coalsescence might have touched OFP engine in several ways so it might be a bit different from OFP we have. just a speculation.

Who is VBS1â„¢ written for?

VBS1â„¢ can be purchased and used by any legitimate military organization, law enforcement organization, Federal agency, First Responder organization, local agencies, state agencies, and international NATO alliance agencies. It is not intended for sale to individuals or for entertainment purposes.

Federal Agency but i dont think he wants to spend $150

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Dec. 07 2002,23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who is VBS1â„¢ written for?

VBS1â„¢ can be purchased and used by any legitimate military organization, law enforcement organization, Federal agency, First Responder organization, local agencies, state agencies, and international NATO alliance agencies. It is not intended for sale to individuals or for entertainment purposes.

Federal Agency but i dont think he wants to spend $150<span id='postcolor'>

well give him the money and tell him to buy it for you, or we all send him 150$ and he sends us VBS1 biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Dec. 07 2002,17:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who is VBS1? written for?

VBS1? can be purchased and used by any legitimate military organization, law enforcement organization, Federal agency, First Responder organization, local agencies, state agencies, and international NATO alliance agencies. It is not intended for sale to individuals or for entertainment purposes.

Federal Agency but i dont think he wants to spend $150<span id='postcolor'>

It's not that simple, the organization has to order the package in its name... so..., where is that paragraph again....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I am in the military or a member of law enforcement, may I buy this program for my own use?

Orders for VBS1? must be made by the Purchasing Agent, contracts officer, or administrative office from the qualified agency. Software can not be sold to individuals. The agency can place an order with Coalescent to ship the software to the Organization?s administrative offices, using a purchase order, Government credit card (Visa/MasterCard), or letter contract. Coalescent is very experienced in working with Government purchasing offices to complete the transaction and ship the ordered software.<span id='postcolor'>

VBS = OFP? Difference =

1. Better 3d engine?

2. More realistic model textures?

3. More realistic weapon and human dynamics?

4. Secret govt/military procedures and manoveurs built in?

Hmmm........BIS is but just a core team of programmers......but OFP community = millions of modellers & programmers if they wanna try. So in the end, i believe OFP might be better than VBS. ( spare me the item 4, i dont wanna know nor need it to have a great game in OFP !:-) )