Sign in to follow this  
Tex -USMC-

Vbs site updated

yeah it looks good

with some very sharp photos and a good model plus the right file format for skinning you also can get the same effect.

Pheh! I'll take a copy any god damn day of the week!

I would too but the question is do you have the right PC for it? I mean VBS wants one hell of a good comp.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ July 30 2002,22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would too but the question is do you have the right PC for it? I mean VBS wants one hell of a good comp.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, this isn't all that true. A 2ghz comp will run VBS just fine in its current state. wink.gif

Like ive stated before.They say VBS can run on a laptop.So im pretty sure it can run one current PC's.

Look at resistance, with high terrain detail no one can have visuability over 3000 though it goes to 5000.

You can just turn the graphics down a bit and you can run it on a 400Mhz with geforce 2 MX 200...

I bet the same goes for VBS.

Isnt VBS used for by the US marines to have something to do while they´re on a boat? If VBS would require a mega computer the marines would probably not be able to play it, I doubt that they get the newest most powerful computer every time a better one is available.

No they don't, but when they upgrade they upgrade to much higher than what's possible with a single processor at the time... so they are set for a long time.

And actually VBS MIGHT be configured in such a way that client machines only do graphics, sound, and input processing and the server does all the simulation calculations. This is a standard for real military simulator software, it's server based. This can only be done with very fast networks... so it would be pretty bad if you were online and saw the chopper move every 0.3 - 2 seconds.

You really need a LAN for that.

Well, at my old base they only dumped their 286's in 1998 when they upgraded to 266mhz. Kinda wierd how slow they were.

Want to hear a sad fact? RUSSIAN Tank simulators have BETTER Graphics than U.S. Simulators.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Denwad @ Aug. 02 2002,12:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Want to hear a sad fact? RUSSIAN Tank simulators have BETTER Graphics than U.S. Simulators.<span id='postcolor'>

yeah but the gameplay sucks and the single player story feels contrived tounge.gif

There was a russian flight simulator in thier stall at the farnborough airshow but it kept freezing-poor guys

It worked fine in Russia because it's so damn cold they don't use CPU cooling technology over there.

Will VBS1 be available to the general public, or will a special version be released or what?

Thanks...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jason211 @ Sep. 15 2002,22:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Will VBS1 be available to the general public, or will a special version be released or what?

Thanks...<span id='postcolor'>

Noone knows, atm. Most likely, VBS will not be released to the public. However, there has been speculation that the upcoming Independence Lost is sort of a VBS lite made for the public

we got some of VBS stuffs in OFP and OFPR. i think laser designator was part of VBS.

some time ago, there was some pics of marines peeking through a broken part of wall section. now we have that in OFPR(ex. walls west of Velka Ves)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 15 2002,13:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">some time ago, there was some pics of marines peeking through a broken part of wall section. now we have that in OFPR(ex. walls west of Velka Ves)<span id='postcolor'>

And in Lipany, and maybe a few other places. I also think the castle ruins kick ass.

Maybe we dont need VBS in its entirety, but BIS should at least release more of the cool features of it for OFP. The AW50, aircraft carriers, some of the infantry models, the LAV, etc. We need more of that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Sep. 16 2002,01:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We need more of that.<span id='postcolor'>

You need or you want? smile.gif

2 medvidek

oh u think its funny??? ........... you think.....it.....s...........fun....n.......y...............

^_^_^_

2 medvidek

U should contact me via PMs and give me a link to working version of VBS1 or IL.......... tounge.gif