Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

Rather than continually making new topics, I thought I'd create this and post any new updates that we have to offer..

First of all..

New Beta SAS units complete with new Colt Commando (newly added second magazine taped to existing for fast reloading. a favoured trick used by the SAS)

sas1.jpg

sas2.jpg

sascolt-3.jpg

sascoltcom.jpg

Colt Commando

colt-1.jpg

colt-2.jpg

Screenshot from Pebble Island airfield attack by SAS (Note, Pucara in background...)

pebbleattack.jpg

Sea King:

seaking2.jpg

Sea King is looking good, but about the SAR version, are you gonna release that individually or with the mod. I hope you release it individually, as the yellow SAR version isn't used in warzones due to (duh) it being an easy target, but the navy version is pretty damn sweet

We are thinking of releasing a few more addons soon..

Check out http://www.flashpoint1982.co.uk and tell me which addon you'd most like to see released...

The more interest in that unit, the more likely it will be released sooner than later..

There are a few units that we won't be releasing until the mod is ready though...

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([Ash] @ Dec. 03 2002,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We are thinking of releasing a few more addons soon..

Check out http://www.flashpoint1982.co.uk and tell me which addon you'd most like to see released...

The more interest in that unit, the more likely it will be released sooner than later..

There are a few units that we won't be releasing until the mod is ready though...

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The Lynx smile.gif

The Seaking looks good as a model but the textures dont look to good. But its a good job you guys are doing anyway smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([Ash] @ Dec. 03 2002,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We are thinking of releasing a few more addons soon..

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

My own opinion is that your team should release British addons that can be used with other more modern British infantry.  For example, the Lynx helicopter would be a good one.   However, there's one problem. There are no decent modern British infantry addons out right now, so if you release any British equipment nobody can make any realistic missions with them without British infantry. (I wish Bibmi would hurry up and release his updated British soldiers).

However, here's another idea.   The Sea King would be perfect for Vietnam missions if you could release it with U.S. Navy or U.S. Marines markings on it.  My uncle used to fly those helis for many years in the Navy.  I think the U.S. Marines still might be operating the ones used to transport the U.S. President.   At any rate, adding a few U.S. Navy or Marines markings shouldn't be too difficult to do.  Here an example pic:

sh3h-001rs.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I love the look of the ships, but I will vote for the sea king. Before the lynx.

@ scorpio, the textures u see are the exreamly early beta's

Ok.. Its looking like we have a lot of propeller heads here up to now! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vade_101 @ Dec. 04 2002,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My vote goes for the lynx too<span id='postcolor'>

Vade, any word on when the Bibmi British units will coming out? The Lynx would be very cool...but only if we got British units to put in them... otherwise they are not much use until someone puts out some British units either as an individual addon or as part of a mod. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sorry to bother you like this guys, but J am looking for information about thet is anybody works on some MOD about COSOVO crisses or BOSNIA ...... Balkans anyhow...

sory once again....hay from BELGRADE..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Dec. 04 2002,00:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vade_101 @ Dec. 04 2002,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My vote goes for the lynx too<span id='postcolor'>

Vade, any word on when the Bibmi British units will coming out?  The Lynx would be very cool...but only if we got British units to put in them... otherwise they are not much use until someone puts out some British units either as an individual addon or as part of a mod.   sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

Well you could always wait and use the British units that will come with the Falklands Mod.. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Radnik @ Dec. 04 2002,01:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry to bother you like this guys, but J am looking for information about thet is anybody works on some MOD about COSOVO crisses or BOSNIA ...... Balkans anyhow...

sory once again....hay from BELGRADE..<span id='postcolor'>

Your off topic.  Try using the search option before you just sign on and post right away.  I asked before.  There is a website for Kosovo Crisis however its only the front page and its not open.  Someone must have blown it off.  Hopefully someone will make a Chechen War Mod =)/

About the Mod I don't understand your guys Progress Report at all.

ok i for one found it semminglt straight forward but i would right, ok its like this.....

for example lets take the Sea Harrier

the grid is colour coded to help... first off

MODEL = has the model of the Sea Harrier been made?

no(red) started but not finished(yellow) yes(green)

O2 = has the model been imported into and had lods ect made?

no its not in o2 yet(red) yes its imported but it hasnt got all the lods done (yellow) yes its in o2 all lods and everything else model related is done (green)

IN GAME = I the model now in game and working?

no not put ingame yet ie not cpp (red) yes ingame but not fully working (yellow) yes in game works and has a decent cpp(green)

COMPLETE = is the model now complete and releasable? ie fully textured fully working and fully tested

no(red) almost ie beta stage(yellow) Yes working fully (green)

so as you can see its a progresive stage, as we work on the addons and we get to the next stage the colour for the stage changes.

Hope this helps

btw if you are having trouble accessing the forum you might have to do the followin gi know i did...

in internet explorer

click on tools > internet options > Privacy > then put the slider to its lowest settings

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([Ash] @ Dec. 04 2002,09:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Dec. 04 2002,00:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vade_101 @ Dec. 04 2002,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My vote goes for the lynx too<span id='postcolor'>

Vade, any word on when the Bibmi British units will coming out?  The Lynx would be very cool...but only if we got British units to put in them... otherwise they are not much use until someone puts out some British units either as an individual addon or as part of a mod.   sad.gif

Chris G.

Well you could always wait and use the British units that will come with the Falklands Mod..  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, those are fine, but they are also limited. In other words their gear limits them to a particular era. Bibmi's British units use modern gear. I mean I'll still definitely use the Falkland Mod units to play your MOD as I'm sure it's gonna be great. But I'm also a mission maker and I really would like to design some missions set either in the present or near future.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([Ash] @ Dec. 04 2002,09:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Dec. 04 2002,00:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vade_101 @ Dec. 04 2002,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My vote goes for the lynx too<span id='postcolor'>

Chris G.

Well you could always wait and use the British units that will come with the Falklands Mod..  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Heck.... I got a whole 12 mission campaign written out awaiting commencement as soon as you're very pretty Royal Marines are released, with you're permission of course!

The plot revolves around a RM advance post on the island of Everon as the whole Flashpoint Campaign kicks off..

There are five original soundtrack themes have been publicly released for the OFP MOD "1982: Flashpoint in the Falklands".

Rather than the contemporary synth sounds of the original OFP, we're going for a film soundtrack-style military orchestra.

These tracks should not be considered as finished, but they do establish the major musical themes and will be the basis for the Falklands MOD original soundtrack.

You can listen/download the tracks for free Wrom: C

http://www.mp3.com/Chronicles_of_Empire

that music is really good for a mod! hope you get finished soon!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ Dec. 08 2002,15:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There are five original soundtrack themes have been publicly released for the OFP MOD "1982: Flashpoint in the Falklands".  

Rather than the contemporary synth sounds of the original OFP, we're going for a film soundtrack-style military orchestra.  

These tracks should not be considered as finished, but they do establish the major musical themes and will be the basis for the Falklands MOD original soundtrack.  

You can listen/download the tracks for free Wrom: C

http://www.mp3.com/Chronicles_of_Empire<span id='postcolor'>

The soundtracks are quite good. Although on Halcyon there's this big burst of noise in the middle section for about a second. Not sure if that's on the original track or a just an error during the mp3 conversion. The track, "the beach" I hope is not for a beach landing. A beach landing music score I think should be alot more dramatic. I'm a musician myself and I've on occasion put some of my own music into some of my missions. I would do it more often but I don't have the time to sit down and write big arrangements which for me take a lot of time even using MIDI sequencers (although I also use real acoustic instruments). So I can appreciate the effort put into these soundtracks. Overall I think they sound very good. I was expecting much worse, so I was pleasantly surprised. I hope the missions and mission intros and cutscenes do the music justice. (Not to mention the addons). smile.gif

Keep up the great work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ok the A4 skyhawk have had a major refit, and is due for public release soon heres some screenies for ya

www.flashpoint1982.co.uk

skyhawk1canopy.jpg

skynew2.jpg

skynew3.jpg

skynewjetstream1.jpg

ok it has a ANIMATED Jet Stream and Canopy Nice work col Klink biggrin.gif